Default Comelec Question: Regarding Transfer of Registration Records From One City To Another

Got a dilemma, I want to be a registered voter in Cebu City but I am a registered voter in Talisay. I badly need to do it before the deadline on October 2012.

I have read it on Comelec's website: Resolution No. 9149 :: Commission on Elections

These are the things I have found out:

1. Sec. 11.Procedure for filing of application for transfer of registration records from another district, city and municipality. - a) Any registered voter who has transferred residence to another district/city/ municipality, at least six (6) months before the May 13, 2013 Elections, may apply for transfer of his/her registration records by personally appearing before the EO of his new residence.

2. The application for transfer of registration records from another city/municipality shall be subject to the requirements of notice and hearing and action of the ERB.

Once the application is approved, a Notice of Approval shall be sent to the EO of origin by registered mail. Only a Notice of Approval, duly signed by the EO as Chairman of the ERB, reflecting the name, birth date, place of birth, current address, old precinct assignment/barangay/city of the applicant-transferee shall be sent, without need of the copy of the approved application for transfer.

Upon receipt of the said notice, the EO of origin shall:

Delete the name of the voter from the list of voters;

Remove the voters registration record (VRR) from the corresponding precinct book of voters; and

Send the said VRR to the EO of the applicants new residence.

The actions taken by the EO of origin shall not require ERB approval.

Questions:

1. I went to Comelec ganeha and was told I need to be 6 months nagreside, kay magpadala daw sila ug suwat sa current residence.

Is this true?

What will happen if I don't receive the letter? But base sa resolution as I have pasted above ang EO (election officer) from my current city to the previous city raman ang mgcommunicate.

2. Then, I went to the other office of Comelec there are two there like 1st and 2nd district ang requirement for transfer is a valid ID.

Valid ID with my current address or my previous address?

3. Kinsa nakasuway ane Transfer of Registration Records like pag 2011 or 2012? Kay I believe new resolution ne, can you share your experience.

Please enlighten me...

Default Re: Comelec Question: Regarding Transfer of Registration Records From One City To Another

valid ID/Birth Certificate ang needed then fill-up ka sa form ilang e hatag.
    kung dili ka entertainon adto sa barangay hall nimo didto patabang for sure naa sila guidelines about ana.
    or adto na pa register sa special registration kapoy lang kay taas kaayo ang linya ana peru libre man snacks.

Default Re: Comelec Question: Regarding Transfer of Registration Records From One City To Another

Quote Originally Posted by angelicax View Post
    valid ID/Birth Certificate ang needed then fill-up ka sa form ilang e hatag.
    kung dili ka entertainon adto sa barangay hall nimo didto patabang for sure naa sila guidelines about ana.
    or adto na pa register sa special registration kapoy lang kay taas kaayo ang linya ana peru libre man snacks.
    -Kane special registration ba asa ko mo-adto sa comelec japon? Also, sa current brgy hall ko mo adto sakto ba ako sabot?

Thanks a bunch sa moha post.

makuha ra dayon ang voter's id ani? or dugay pa makuha?

I never encountered this fuss. I was a registered voter sa Talisay City sauna and then this July naka pa register ko sa Cybergate Robinsons transfering my registration to Cebu City. They just had me fill out this transfer request form along with voter registration form (previously deactivated akong voter's status, missed 2 elections), verified my ID which didn't even show my present address, went through bio metrics and photo capture and then I was done.

Not expecting to get my voter's ID anytime soon though, perhaps 3 months, 6 months, a year after pa makuha.

6.    Advertisement