Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ,,,,,heroic love and love...

These days, I always seem to be guilty of saying a bold statement so why not add another one into the mix.

Heroic love is soooo overrated today.

Notice that I did not say just love, I zeroed in on a specific aspect of it, which is heroic love. Heroic love is so scarce in our society today that you often just see glimpses of it and sometimes often even mistake it as the real thing. And that has been missing in our lives as I speak. Though I admit, I am not an expert on the matter, I just write what I know and what I see as well as understand. And I am hoping through this, I have helped in a way to clear some muddled up notions especially for my generation.

A clear example is our films; you watch how the characters sacrifice everything in order to be with the one that they love, that is not heroic love, that is maybe love at some level but it does not come up to par to the real meaning of what heroic love is. Why? Because heroic love is HARD.

When I say it is hard, its hard in a sense where YOU are with the one you love EVERYDAY and yet YOU DIE EVERYDAY. I am not talking about those one sided relationships that you read or watch or hear about. I am talking about real love wherein both parties fully love each other and are with each other and yet one of them is being crushed every passing moment. And with that comes real sacrifice.

Sacrifice in a sense where you forget yourself and just be with the one that you love. We as human beings initially think that when you give up a part of your life that was important to you in order to make your loved one happy is somewhat of an unrealistic notion, okay let me amend that.a SELFISH notion because YOU THINK of it. Not feel it. Plus, never once, after doing it you will want to slap it in your partners face that you sacrificed everything just to be with her. That is pure heroic love?

Heroic love is not about HOW you got together, it is about the everyday sacrifices that YOU ENDURE TOGETHER to achieve the greater good of each other that is a sure bargain worth making repeatedly.

Blog Entries

Default Re: ,,,,,heroic love and love...

Being a hero is'nt that hard... You can be a hero in your own little way...

True love isn't really hard to find... it begins with oneself...

Being a hero is hard, doing the right thing is hard, but its a measure of the worth of love

kung ang true love rarely comes into our lives nowadays, how much more ang "heroic love"?!?! but then, maybe, juz maybe, we keep lookin for it in all the wrong places..

i don't think i have ever been heroically in love yet.

me either. wla pa gyud.

cguro dli na sya makit an coz mao na atong gbuhat heroic love sa atong mga special loveones..wla lng nato na bantayan..we do alot of sacrifices if ur in love dba?..pra ma endure ang relationship...but sometimes we think of it.na .not as what ur heart dictates..toinks ..shakto bha..waheheheh

lisod gyud...you've love her then mura rag wala...
    matinod anon kay ka then wala ra gihapon...
    sacrificing everything para lang maka kamo is hard
    thats heroic but it will hurt a lot more if you will not be happy in the end
    Last edited by Talkative101; 03-18-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: wrong post

me? i can't remember abt heroic luv in my life, perhaps out of pity,na in luv ko, but then sad to say, she broke my heart, and i walked away wid a heavy heart.

im done with heroic love already.. coz always nlng we end up hurt.... bec we let that somebody abuse our trust ...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast