Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help me figure out the Do's and Dont's of being a salesman

Hi there, i have just receive a job from a big company as a beer salesman. I literally have no experience and dont know what to expect. With those people with Sales experience, what are the Do's and Dont's and should i expect?? thanks

do build a rapport with your clients. make them feel secure that your company will help them build their business.

u don't have to please everybody but u have to sell, sell, sell...more tips next time...see ya around...

hi banana. i do trainings on selling. if you want i can give you some mind bogling tips and lessons for free. just pm me. i'll be more than glad to help

I dont have to be a salesperson for somebody. I'm my own boss. Hehe. Kapoy ana
    ahente oi.

Do's

Two words.
    ... common sense

Don't

Two words also.

... be stupid

I don't claim to be an expert in the field of sales but I can give you some helpful tips I learned from seminars, experience and mentors I've known.

Well, first and foremost determine the current situation is and do understand that the level of knowledge you have differs much on your customers. Determine the need of the customer and try to solve only what she/he needs, do not try to solve everything. But of course you have to be ready for whatever questions butts in.

The rule on being an expert is these: you are given the history of China to discuss then you cut the history of China to a particular dynasty, then cut these to the Chinese Refugee, and lastly focus on how these refugees manage to come to Philippines. You focus and discuss in depth about this topic then you can be consideed an expert for the particular aspect of China's History.

That exactly what I meant, do not try to solve everything as it would mean more obstacles to go through. Focus on the particular problem and emphasize why buying this product is the solution.

Remember, In Sales, you convince. In learning, you teach.

Tips :
    1. "Learn the trade, not the tricks of the trade"... study the details of the product you are pushing. Its advantages and disadvantages. Do research.

2. "Know thy enemy"... know your competitors, dont depend on the knowledge of your company with regards to this. Again, do research.

3. "Have extra ordinary people-relationship skills"... always be ready to extend an extra hand. Not only to your clients, but to your prospects as well.

4. "Learn to adapt to change"... remember that the only thing constant in this world is change. Your product might be the best... for now. Always be on the eye for new developments with regards to your product line

5. "SPEED"... this is your best asset. You might not be the most good-looking agent in your company, but if you can give your prospects things they need in the shortest possible time... that prospect is yours for the taking.

6. "Customer Servicing"... be attentive to what the client wants, even to the personal level (no malice).

7. "Feed your mind" ... read books and develop yourself. Even 1 page a day will do. Or if you have a car, listen to audio books.

8. "Learn to listen"... Most of the Major Mistakes a sales person makes is that they cant stop talking. Listen to what your prospective client wants not what you think they want.

9. "Dress up and make up"... You have to learn to look your best everytime you meet with a client/prospect.

10. "Your Income will never outgrow your self-image"... Being a salesperson is one of the highest paid professions there is because of commissions. Invest in yourself. Always be conscious of your personal growth. Remember that wisdom is better than knowledge. Apply your learning, experience situations, learn to fail, & reach the stars!!!

nice.hehehe it's true nga wa kaau ka growth sa regular nga job kay fix ang income then sige utang. kung naa increase, gamay lang. i'm planning into sales but not willing for now. and thanks by the way for the helpful tips.

be confident
    be deligent
    smile

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast