Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Noynoy to quit smoking if he wins presidency in May polls BUT No wedding bells yet

Presidential candidate Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III on Friday said he plans to quit smoking once he wins the presidency in the May elections, admitting he cannot do so immediately because of "too much pressure" in the campaign trail.

"Malamang [ititigil ko na ang paninigarilyo]. Ngayon pa lang, magsisindi tayo marami na ang picture taking, 'di naisip, nasasanay tayo," Aquino replied when asked by anchor Mike Enriquez during the "Ikaw Na Ba? The Presidential Interview" program over radio dzBB.

Aquino was quick to add, however, that the pressure from the ongoing campaign still prompts him to puff.

"Pero 'di ko gagawin [ang pagtigil sa paninigarilyo] ngayong kampanya. Maraming pressure (But I will continue smoking during the campaign because of too much pressure)," said Aquino, who until this time still leads other presidential wannabes in preference surveys.

Aquino said that while the pressure that awaits him if he wins as president would be greater, he sees the campaign period’s demands as "different." He also vowed to ease the pressure to be brought by the presidency "by doing the right thing."

"Dito [sa kampanya], napaka-unpredictable. Iba ang pressure sa kung naroon [ka na sa pwesto]... Kung [ang ginagawa mo ay] tama, bawas ang problema, bawas ang pressure," Aquino said.

(The campaign period is very unpredictable. The pressure once you're in office is different. If you are doing the right thing as president, the problems and pressure are lessened.)

In September, the tobacco control group Framework Convention on Tobacco Control Alliance Philippines (FCAP) called on Aquino to quit smoking after he announced his presidential bid.

No wedding bells yet

And while Noynoy may have plans to quit smoking, the same cannot be said on getting married, at least for now.

Asked by Enriquez when he would tie the knot with girlfriend Valenzuela councilor Shalani Soledad, Aquino said: "Hindi ko masagot. Maraming [ibang] plano eh (I cannot answer... We have many plans)."

"Noong 24 [taong gulang] ako unang nagplano [na magpakasal]; 'Di ako umabot… On or before 30 naman, wala pa rin. So ngayon, ayaw ko nang magsabi kung anong petsa," he added.

(When I was 24 years old, I already had plans of getting married. But that did not push through. Before I became 30, I still didn't get married. So right now, I do not want to set any date.)

Asked if he was enjoying life as a bachelor, Aquino, 50, admitted feeling "envious" of his college friends who already have their own families.

"Pag nakita ko barkada ko, [iyong mga anak nila] nasa college na, iyong iba graduate na. Nakakainggit... Parang 'pag kinasal ako, tahimik ang mundo ko (Whenever I see my friends, they tell me their children are already either in college or have graduated. I envy them. I'm thinking that when I get married, I'll finally be at peace)," he said. - RSJ, GMANews.TV

What if he doesnt win this May, would he quit smoking...

Smoking doesn't do him good, its a hard habit hard to break...its understandable but if he'll win then he needs to quite smoking, he is a public image and should serve as an example of a responsible public servant...in all aspects may not be perfect but at least...

nus-a pa man xa plano magminyo?kung 70y/o na siya?well basin wala jud siya plan na magminyo kay di pa man daw xa ready.. hala..

Hahays noynoy. Walay saktong plano. Unsaon na lang kun mudaug ni siya.? Tsk tsk

Presidential candidate Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III on Friday said he plans to quit smoking once he wins the presidency in the May elections, admitting he cannot do so immediately because of "too much pressure" in the campaign trail.

He can not quit immediately because of too much pressure in the campaign, How much more if he would become the President of the Philippines the Pressure will be twice or Five times more....

Hahay Nonoy he should be carefull on what he says in the interviews....

kamo maka undang dayon mo sa panigarilyo?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rage963 View Post

He can not quit immediately because of too much pressure in the campaign, How much more if he would become the President of the Philippines the Pressure will be twice or Five times more....

Hahay Nonoy he should be carefull on what he says in the interviews....
    It's probably because Noynoy is planning to do what he does best if ever he becomes president -- DOING NOTHING. No bad record because the entire record is BLANK.

sa akong tanaw plastic kaayo nga reason..moundang ka ug smoking tungod lang kay nakagaud kasa election?sus kamabaw anang reasona..kung gusto ka mo quit mo quit diresto dili na kinahanglang pa ug mga alibi.dili niya makaya ang pag quit ug smoking iya lang na gi himo ang excuse nga kung makadaug siya mo quite siya..sus...pariha ra na sa..manguyab...mosaad mg binootan kung sugton pro kung uyab na...aw wana.....klaro ana sa pattern

Quote Originally Posted by jovens View Post
    kamo maka undang dayon mo sa panigarilyo?
    Mao mao, di lalim pag biya dayon uyyy. Ka lisurds ana undangon kalit.Way mayng laki ana kalit lag undang dayon labig na anad na gadjud.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast