Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default DIY watercooling ( here in the philippines )

Anyone here doing a DIY watercooling ?
    Im wondering as where to buy those pumps that can be used for watercooling our PC's both the waterblock and radiators can be easily bought.
    Maybe hardware stores such as Ace hardware has them or some petshops maybe ?

Default Re: DIY watercooling ( here in the philippines )

Some even use Eheim Pumps. These are the pumps for wetdry filters used in aquariums.

Or you'll might want to customize your waterblock.

As for me I haven't reached that water cooling level yet cause I haven't tried the latest heatpipe Heatsinks.

You can always ask Lunch for the goodies.

can you use one of those little fountain pumps, you know the one with the bamboo, pots, waterfalls, etc... it comes with a nice little watertight pump...

I tried it once..extremely cool but highly impractical. You might wonder why?
    I used an old waterblock (can't even remember the name of that thing), an in-line fountain pump (bigass pump just to cylce the water in the radiator), and an old airconditioner radiator. Temperatures were extremely stable but i never really managed to put the thing back in the case because it was too hard and too fugly!

yeah about pumps you can get one at the local hardware stores (the big warehouse types).

In water pumps are not very good unless you plan to dip them in the reservoir itself. In-line pumps is were your money should be at. The problem with DIYs are the inlets cos they're plastic and the hoses could easily slide off due to excessive heat. What those guys from manila (i think black ice? not sure) do is they change those inlets into metal barbs and fuse/melt/epoxy/whatever into the pumps.
    this is the line --------- cross it. i dare you

zerone..any idea about non-conductive water coolant?..i remember one modders here in istorya mentioned about this type of coolant that does not conduct electricity.

oi! This topic I like! Post pics and tutorials if ever naa.

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    zerone..any idea about non-conductive water coolant?..i remember one modders here in istorya mentioned about this type of coolant that does not conduct electricity.
    Thats the common thing to use now, even kanang coolant sa shell station non conductive na, using non conductive coolants is a lot safer for water cooling making it practical now compared sauna. My water block will be Apogee or Dangerden and my rad selection weill be a BlackIceRad, ang tube dali rana pangitaon ang pump ra akong problema gyud. il try to check around sa mga hardware if naa ba silay mga 12v or 220v pumps

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki
    oi! This topic I like! Post pics and tutorials if ever naa.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=54331

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=75873

@Zerone_null

Thanks for all the input bro.

Water cooling now is a lot different na sauna.. safe na kaayo karon,regarding the tubbing naa gyud nai metalic clamp e butang para dli mo slide off ang tube. im planning to use a 1/2 ID tubbing para nindot ang flow

Earlz post nya pic sa imo rig inig ka human :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast