Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    Remember Hitler.

Remember Marcos.

Remember god's commandment: Thou shalt not use my name in vain.
    Remember Pope Alexander II.

Remember Pope Gregory IX.

Remember Pope Innocent III.

Remember Pope Clement IV

Remember Pope Innocent VIII.

Remember Pope Clement.

Or Remember how Pope Pius XII just stood by during the Holocaust

Or Remember how Pope John Paul II just stood by and did nothing when thousands of people were being massacred inside Rwanda Churches

I'd say the 12 signs have most of the reasons why we were chosen and colonized for 300 freakin years and thanks to globalization more years to come. no thanks for being chosen, I'd rather choose what I want to become.

Quote Originally Posted by prukutung View Post
    nuisance.. hahaha... everybody are chosen...
    agree.....

Maybe we are choosen to spread Christianity in different parts of the world through our migrants and OFWs. We do the little things that reminds other people that there is a God.

I'm hoping in the near future God will bless the Filipino People.

3. As a result of this, the Philippines became the first and only Christian nation in Asia for more than 400 years.

.. wow, 400 years huh ?? How come we're still a divided nation ??

5. A good number of our OFW’s (Overseas Foreign Workers) are spreading the Word of God as they go to foreign lands and actually practice Christianity wherever they go – whether in private homes, business establishments, or in the churches where they go for Sunday mass;
    .. this is really funny. The author is a lawyer and he should know that the vast percentage of OFW is here in the middle east and you'll be put to death if you practice christianity here. On open countries such as US, Canada, Aus etc .. there are already christian churches, no need to spread the word of God, filipinos all need to do is to go to church.

10. The Philippines is centrally located in the planet earth. It is spared the harshness of a bitter winter and the extreme heat of an arid land.
    .. this has got to be the funniest of them all.

.. look, the author is a lawyer, and no offense to any lawyers out there, we all know how their minds work. Lawyers are shrewd and cunning, that's just the way they are.

.. to make it short those are empty words

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    Maybe we are choosen to spread Christianity in different parts of the world through our migrants and OFWs. We do the little things that reminds other people that there is a God.

I'm hoping in the near future God will bless the Filipino People.

.. i'm not trying to preach or anything, but stop putting your hope on God. If you are able to help our country in the best way you could, then do it. Don't rely on the intangible.

Blog Entries
    12 SIGNS WHY FILIPINOS ARE A CHOSEN PEOPLE

12 SIGNS WHY FILIPINOS ARE A CHOSEN PEOPLE

sorry for the poster but i find this very disturbing....

mods note: i edited your post mainly bcoz no need to quote the first post of the TS
    Last edited by fingolfin; 02-12-2010 at 04:33 PM.

how about those who are not chosen??

2. King Philip of Spain, 44 years later, instructed Legaspi to go back to the Philippines and convert "every soul, every person, in the name of God, to Christianity."
    too sad the friars don't act Christian at all.

3. As a result of this, the Philippines became the first and only Christian nation in Asia for more than 400 years.
    it's really a shame to claim this. First and only Christian nation in Asia but it doesn't reflect what Christianity is all about. Sad.

4. When the Americans came to the Philippines in 1898, they brought with them the first Bibles to be brought to any Asian country. Thus the Philippines has the distinction of being the first Asian country to be recipient of these Bibles.
    many people don't read them. And they claim they are Christian. Sad.

5. A good number of our OFW’s (Overseas Foreign Workers) are spreading the Word of God as they go to foreign lands and actually practice Christianity wherever they go – whether in private homes, business establishments, or in the churches where they go for Sunday mass;

6. These same OFW’s, many of them nannies, caregivers, tending both the young and the aged, are the "unsung missionaries," imparting the message of God to their wards, and reminding the aged, sick, and infirm of the goodness of the Lord as they help them in their final journey back to their Creator.

7. The Filipinos abroad fill up the Christian churches, where a good number has reduced attendance and reduced services due to lack of lay participation. Filipinos are the most active foreign group in most Christian churches abroad, where they participate as choir members, active parish council members, and fill up the churches on Sundays and holidays of obligation.
    Filipinos are religious. They are too religious that they lost touch of what true Christianity is. It's not about religion, but relationship to the savior.

Alex believes that the Lord is preparing the Philippines and the Filipino people for something greater to happen.

Alex cites biblical passages to support his discourse:

1. Acts, Chapter 17:26: "From one man, He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live"

2. John, 15:16: "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last."

3. John, 3:2: "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand".

Alex ended this particular talk by saying: "We are still young as a people but pretty soon, our story as a people will be revealed to us in its complete entirety and it will be good for us and our country."

The author didn't consider the context of these passages that's why he came up a silly interpretation.

.. all we see here are negative reactions towards that article, all of us never agree that filipinos are chosen or whatever that lawyer wants to call it.

.. anyway, we can also site 100 reasons why the philippines is a damned country.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast