Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ambot. but i think religion is the lazy man's path to god.

we make our religion to God

it's us who made the religion to glorify God, I think it's one purpose is to have a unification....

From an anthropological perspective religion is the personification of natural forces in order to allow a means of understanding and making sense of them. These personified forces, known as mythologies or "Gods", take an interest in "human" affairs. It has historically been extremely important in allowing socieites to deal with uncertainty, creating meaning for death, suffering, etc., and has helped to create communities.

Hi guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    I have one question that lingers in mind, did GOD ask us believers that we should make a religion to glorify him, or is it just US who made religion to glorify him the Omnipotent and Righteous ONE....
    sir, as far as i can remember sa bible... around later exodus until deuteronomy, God dictated the people some rules to follow, and that includes glorifying Him. He did not coin the term religion, just rules. The term 'religion' came much later.

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post

Hi guys.
    hi trip! welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by rcruman View Post
    IThe bible teaches PURE RELIGION, and it should be performed inside the Church of GOD, through His People. Peace!
    This is oxy*****. Bible does not teach PURE RELIGION but mankind's relationship with God. It does not choose what or who do we belong... "church on the other hand is synonymous known as PEOPLE. Which means, The People of God.

OT: hi miyay...

it wasn't God who made religions. in fact, He'd be too ashamed to have one. given what religions have stupidly done according to His supposed name and glory.

('c',)

its us who made the religion for him..

Quote Originally Posted by Ramini View Post
    i think god and religion is something that man created to ease his mind when he dies..hehe!!..it's just my opinion.
    That's valid for people who are terrified by the harsh reality that their existence will someday end. But surely only folks who are loser in life would love the idea that there is an end to their sorry existence and its illogical for people who get along with life just fine not get uncomfortable with that ultimate end...

Perhaps it could be that this concept of God is created not by man himself but by the very nature that what made man what he is- a rational being. Maybe that's what nature requires for a sentient being to exists otherwise why does our brain mechanics hardwired to 'think' a god concept?

It seems that nature provides us a way to keep us sane (and be successful as a specie) in dealing with reality in exchange for being aware of it...otherwise we will not be here talking about this.

What I'm saying is that primitive people did not simply create God to ease their anxious minds about death; it's already there...but they do defer in their concepts and its called religions.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast