Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast

Default How Did The Concept (or idea) of Atheism Change Your Life?

I am a Christian, some have even called me a fanatic. This is because I will not waver on my belief. This my personal choice. Each member persons personal choice is their right and should not be dependent other member's personal views. I hope that this will not be like the other threads, where they tend to disrupt into petty battlegrounds between Non Believers, Atheist, and others of Religion. This only results in the thread being closed.

I think a thread can be constructed than can allow a middle ground which can allow for a person of belief to hear the side of non believers and Atheist. To allow a real dialog and exchange of points of view. There is no way to prove God or no-God with science or arguments. There is no way to hand someone proof of God over a computer screen. Faith or no-Faith can not be measured or weighted. There is no agenda to this thread. It is not a podium from which I intend to preach my beliefs, nor is it intended for others to preach and push personal agendas.

I being a Christian I want to know, why I should leave my faith? As an Atheist what benefits from your belief, should make a Christian leave their faith? Using facts and reason, can an intelligent dialog be established? This is an opportunity for Atheist to put their best foot forward and present Atheism in the best light. Christians and believers need to be respectful and stick only to facts, as you would want Atheist to treat your belief.

Simple ethics rules to consider to keep this thread "Fair and Balanced":
    1. Present facts and links (so others can research) when ever possible.
    2. All points of views are to be respected (all members view points are important).
    3. No name calling, insults, or flaming.
    4. Always be respectful with other members (no "right or wrongs" - Education is the purpose).
    5. Tell the truth and from the heart.
    6. Bible verses and other religious text can be used by Atheist, non believers, Christians, and believers of other religions (BUT NO PREACHING ALLOWED). This applies to me the TS as well.

I will always try to be as fair and balanced as possible.

I hope the Atheist on this forum can use this thread to present their beliefs in a constructive format. That Atheist, Christians, and those of other religions can have an organized Q&A exchange of ideas. Everyone should be able to get along in an adult dialog.

I ask this with the utmost respect: How did the concept (or idea) of Atheism change your life?
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 12-23-2009 at 09:08 PM.

mura wla man au Atheist dri sa pinas bro... mostly sa US and Europe ra man naa

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    He-he-he, interesting.............watch mode....

I hope members will use this thread to present facts and thoughts. I know there are many members who are curious, and it would be nice to have information and points of view presented without the petty bickering and end fighting. where questions can be answered, and intellectual exchanges can occur. The main question is can both sides of the issues conduct themselves as intellectuals? Can common ground be achieved without the Mods having to close the thread? They only had to close 20 threads this week because of childish behavior. Can members learn form their mistakes, are will all such threads be banned. Nobody learns from a banned thread. This not a "I win-You win" or "Gotcha" thread; because those have proven that nobody wins in the end.

This thread is for education and research for Atheist, non-believers, and those of Religion (all religions).

this is my concept of atheism. to better understand my disposition, mao ni ang influence nako. hehe

YouTube - Jacque Fresco Self- Responsibility

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O7sbCNCvuA
    Last edited by grovestreet; 12-21-2009 at 11:25 PM.

if it's your personal choice to be a Christian then it's my personal choice to be an atheist. to each his own.

any religion including athiesm is ok as long as you respect another persons belief and you dont blow him up if he thinks your belief is not good..

nindut man ang concept sa athiesm.. it makes you question your existence.. its a lot difficult than a belief where there are already answers.. no two athiests are alike.. he/she has different interpretation of existence..

athiesm has the most originality.. you are on your own on search for the meaning of your existence.. there are no scripture to tell you this or that, no priests to tell you what to do and what to do...

athiesm provokes deep thought

i'm not an atheist, nor am i an anthropomorphic theist. but i like the atheist's approach towards blind faith or blind belief, which is doubt. because doubt is not a sin. it is a sign of your intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    i'm not an atheist, nor am i an anthropomorphic theist. but i like the atheist's approach towards blind faith or blind belief, which is doubt. because doubt is not a sin. it is a sign of your intelligence.
    because doubt is not a sin
    --- applies to you doctrine only.

Athiest always think they are smart because they use brain to prove something... but something just cannot be proven and remains to be faith. They will always deny this faith.

In essence,

Athiest are some sort of dictators, they want to control their own life and want to govern people because they felt the superiority in how they think. Remember most Dictators are Athiest.

Athiest are some sort of communist, they suppress the belief of supernatural. Therefore taking away the right to believe. Example, most communist country prohibits the belief og God, instead imposing that each of them are gods in thier own little way... amf!

Athiest are some sort of SATANIST. They always oppose the moral teaching. Thus taking away the very essence of RIGHT and WRONG. In dogma standpoint SATAN is the metaphor of EVIL. SATANIST accept the fact that they are ATHIEST too.

So what is the benefit of becoming an Athiest? NONE. IMO.

Naa pa bay athiest diri?

Quote Originally Posted by kebotDiNaMute View Post
    because doubt is not a sin
    --- applies to you doctrine only.

Athiest always think they are smart because they use brain to prove something... but something just cannot be proven and remains to be faith. They will always deny this faith.

In essence,

Athiest are some sort of dictators, they want to control their own life and want to govern people because they felt the superiority in how they think. Remember most Dictators are Athiest.

Athiest are some sort of communist, they suppress the belief of supernatural. Therefore taking away the right to believe. Example, most communist country prohibits the belief og God, instead imposing that each of them are gods in thier own little way... amf!

Athiest are some sort of SATANIST. They always oppose the moral teaching. Thus taking away the very essence of RIGHT and WRONG. In dogma standpoint SATAN is the metaphor of EVIL. SATANIST accept the fact that they are ATHIEST too.

So what is the benefit of becoming an Athiest? NONE. IMO.

Naa pa bay athiest diri?
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

hehehehehe... wa jud nibasa sa gi post ni TS dah...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast