Page 1 of 231 123411 ... LastLast

Default MERGED: All about ODESK...

Guys,knsa member ani?share daw mo unsa ni xa?my friend keep pushing me to join in Odesk for extra income.

Nice man xa, try2x lang sah ron..and then tan.awa lang if ganahan ka

Blog Entries
    hehe.. nice na siya as a freelancer pero keep away your client from moving there. Kay lisud na ilang time log. Pwede ra ka anha then kuha og clients then imo i-outsource outside oDesk.

unsay mga negative ana nia?

nice man ang odesk... i-try lang. kung naa ka migo or miga with account sa odesk pwede raka mangayo projects nila then kamo na sabot sa bayad if tunga ba mo or what. hehe pero mas nice man naa jud ka imoha account hinuon.

ako ky account raman sa ako ate ako gigamit coz dghan naman gud sya feedback then beginner pman ko

if wa jud ka contacts that can provide you with freelance work; you can start at odesk. pero expect lang nga dugay ka makakuha sa imong first project; patience lang, .

if naa naka clients, you can ask them if pwede by piece nalang imong rates instead of the hourly rate. through that, pwede naka mowork outside odesk,

goodluck sa imong jobhunt. you can also try checking the writing jobs sa craiglist.

naa ko friend nga home-based working mom. she's earning 17k/month, then additional pa karon k xa gisugo sa iyang client nga mangita lain workers. iyang working hours i think k 12mn-8am.

try pud getafreelancer.com

Blog Entries
    If you are that hard working and you feel you don't earn that much in your present company, then do freelance jobs. Moonlighting is part of being a freelancer and if you are earning less than 20k a month then you'll be amazed if you reach up to 50k or more by becoming a freelancer.

Of course it all boils down to hard work and dedication. You need to be an excellent negotiator to get high profile projects and you must have an online porfolio, blog or any online means (Likedin or oDesk Profile) to prove you are proficient in the field you are applying. You need to learn to market yourself out in the open. The difference between us (freelancers) and the many BPO companies around Metro Cebu is we need no negotiating company to negotiate work for us. We negotiate work directly for ourselves and therefore getting a better rate. Dako lang ang issue when it comes to integrity of work and job security kay we rarely handle large corporate companies (accounts). Pero as what they say, you can't build a house if you don't have bricks. It doesn't matter if you handle small or large clients, its the performance and the quality of work that counts.

Moonlighting is a term used to refer to holding a second job outside of normal working hours. source: Moonlighting Law & Legal Definition
    Last edited by istoryaaah; 12-23-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by istoryaaah View Post
    If you are that hard working and you feel you don't earn that much in your present company, then do freelance jobs. Moonlighting is part of being a freelancer and if you are earning less than 20k a month then you'll be amazed if you reach up to 50k or more by becoming a freelancer.

Of course it all boils down to hard work and dedication. You need to be an excellent negotiator to get high profile projects and you must have an online porfolio, blog or any online means (Likedin or oDesk Profile) to prove you are proficient in the field you are applying. You need to learn to market yourself out in the open. The difference between us (freelancers) and the many BPO companies around Metro Cebu is we need no negotiating company to negotiate work for us. We negotiate work directly for ourselves and therefore getting a better rate. Dako lang ang issue when it comes to integrity of work and job security kay we rarely handle large corporate companies (accounts). Pero as what they say, you can't build a house if you don't have bricks. It doesn't matter if you handle small or large clients, its the performance and the quality of work that counts.

Moonlighting is a term used to refer to holding a second job outside of normal working hours. source: Moonlighting Law & Legal Definition
    I really agree with you. It all boils down to "hard work and dedication" gyud. when our company closed earlier this year, panic mode gyud ko since it's difficult to find a job. good thing a friend of mine introduced me to odesk. very difficult gyud to land projects sa start, but after i landed my first few projects, and logged more and more hours working on "hourly"-paid projects...medyo dali na lang makakuha ug new projects. lisod lang gyud na competitor are those from other countries na mubagsak sa ilang hourly rates just to get a project.

good thing, nahimo na ko ug mainstay as part of the creative team of a philadelphia-based company (my 3rd odesk client). I have weekly projects with that company for almost 10 months now. for nearly a year now, me and my wife are "full-time" sa amo online works...working at home.
    Last edited by gilbz; 12-23-2009 at 06:30 PM.

i want to know more about odesk..i heard that you get to earn bigger thru odesk.. saon man?!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 231 123411 ... LastLast