Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ipod-Equipped Teen Struck By Lightning

Jason Bunch wouldn’t ever thought in his wildest dreams that listening to his favorite tunes could be life threatening. He was mowing the lawn while listening to his iPod when a lightning struck on the device and passing the current through the earphones which resulted into a damaged hearing. He was lucky enough to survive but his iPod got a hole in the back after the incident.
    Although its not clear whether the iPod he was listening to acted as an antenna for the bolt of lightning that ran through his body, its melted earbuds and a hole in the back of the case would seem to indicate that it did indeed serve as a pathway for the harmful electricity.

Default Re: Ipod-Equipped Teen Struck By Lightning

asa ni nimo nakuha nga balita brod?
    please provide link.... thnx!

holy sh!* if this is true then mag kamang na lang ko kung mag ipod ko

Even God wants an iPod now eh?

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here in Cebu befor ma igo kag kilat gi snatch na imung ipod hehehehe.

I wonder where he placed his Ipod nga exposed man when he was mowing the lawn... Wala gyud na sa iyang pants kay kung naa pana sa iyang pants bye-bye na iya Birdy hahahahahahha.
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

hahahha ang mga snatcher diri sa sugbo murag kilat....

Blog Entries

Castle Rock - Jason Bunch was listening to Metallica on his iPod while mowing the lawn outside his Castle Rock home Sunday afternoon when lightning hit him.

The last thing the 17-year-old remembers was that a storm was coming from the north and he had only about 15 minutes before he should go inside.

Next thing he knew, he was in his bed, bleeding from his ears and vomiting. He was barefoot and had taken off his burned T-shirt and gym shorts. He doesn't know how he got back in the house.

Bunch immediately called his mother, who was in Illinois visiting family.

Kelly Risheill holds up the shirt her son was wearing when he was hit by lightning. Jason Bunch does not remember how he got from the front yard into the house. He came to in his bed, bleeding from the ears and vomiting. He had stripped off his burned clothes, and his shoes were still in the street. No one else was at home. (Post / Helen H. Richardson)

"Mom, I think I was hit by lightning," he said.

Kelly Risheill told her son to call 911, and she started the 14-hour drive home.

About the same time, a neighbor saw Bunch's scorched green and white Reebok tennis shoes in the street, a few feet away from the lawn mower. She also called for help.

Bunch was taken to Sky Ridge Medical Center and placed in intensive care. He was sent home Tuesday.

"I'm alive, and that is what I am grateful for," Bunch said as he lay in bed Wednesday.

From the hospital, Bunch called a friend and told him he wasn't able to go bowling. Then, he called a girl he was supposed to meet for a date.

"I said, 'I did not stand you up. I was struck by lightning."'

Bunch's ears were burned on the inside, and he's lost some hearing, mostly on the right side. His hair was singed.

His face, chest, hands and right leg have freckle-size welts on them as if buckshot had come from inside his body out.

The wounds follow the line of his iPod, from his ears down his right side to his hip, where he was carrying the device. The iPod has a hole in the back, and the earbuds dissolved into green threads.

Taken from:
    http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4016385

More links:
    http://discussions.apple.com/message...sageID=2675058

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/07/i...-by-lightning/

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/07/06...urns_dude.html

www.mytechisland.com

Im not saying this is not true but i find this extremely hard to believe.. all i can say is

"MALAS"

Yeah, I agree, the chances of getting struck by lightning is almost as low as winning the lottery. Too bad it wasn't the lottery he struck!

There is actually a book about Electromagnetics that had a coupple of examples of wildly unbelievable stories like these.

There was something about a guy getting his nuts blown off after having a cellular phone in his pocket and getting struck by lightning.

There was also one about a paramedic getting struck by lightning while performing a hopeless case of CPR on a heart attack victim. Apparently, the lightning killed the paramedic but saved the old man. The paramedic had a pacemaker.

I still think some of the examples in that book was too urban-legend-like though..lol..it's really kinda hard to believe.

yeah but same here..

"MALAS"

@Ryan: lol. hopefully ang mga snatcher lang pud kilatan sa Ginoo.
    this is the line --------- cross it. i dare you

Blog Entries

@ZErone: Hey man, hehehe mao gyud pero mas higher ang chance nga ma unhan silag vigilante kaysa kilat diri Cebu becuase someone is playing "Ginoo"

www.mytechisland.com

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast