Blog Entries

Default Sell TV sets and Karaoke units in Metro Manila

Pinoys can't seem to live without TV sets and Karaoke machines. Even in the most dismal living conditions in the Philippines, you're sure to find these two appliances.

So, after Typhoon Ondoy...a lot of these appliances have been washed away or damaged by the flood to the point of non-functionality, in the flood-struck areas of the big Metro.

So I began to wonder...a probably worthwhile business investment idea, is to purchase a lot of those TV sets from Korea/Japan (2nd hand but in good condition), and sell them cheap in Metro Manila, particularly in areas hit by the floods.

Considering again, the Pinoy hunger for Willie Revillame, and soap operas, I'm curious if the returns would be substantial. Post your thoughts here.

-RODION

As people there are trying to pick the pieces back again...i think these luxuries are not much of their priorities this time.....IMO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smartkid View Post
    As people there are trying to pick the pieces back again...i think these luxuries are not much of their priorities this time.....IMO
    If you've been to the slums in big cities, you would realize that a TV set is NOT a luxury to these people, but a necessity. It's ubiquitous and omnipresent.

-RODION

its usually the bombays who finance the people from class D-E who buy TV....

but the problem is... Japan TV needs a local tuner to see local channels.... Japan have their own tv standards

same with radio... stereo from japan needs a local tuner to be able to listen to local radio stations...

Korea could be since they use USA standard....

5.    Advertisement