Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Microsoft buyout of ailing Sony possible

sony wont be bought by microsoft. out of all the compaines that could buy out sony microsoft? i dont think japanese would allow that. heheheh.

sony is highly supported by the japanese, and how about the games being produced for the playstations? dont forget to count how much they made on that.

i agree that the ps3 is overpriced but its probably going to be lowered.

how cool is the psp? nothing can beat mobile gaming like the psp.

Quote Originally Posted by obemon
    As for Microsoft buying Sony... As much as MS would love to, the federal US govt will probably not allow this. Aren't there laws in the States to prevent two big corporations of merging to regulate business monopolies, preserve competition, and protecting consumers against anticompetitiveness?
    correct, Micorsoft is still reeling about that anti-trust fine of 280.5 Million Euros in Eurpe. If they want to control the market, then there would be a lot of subpoenas of anti-trust law like a ticket day parade from every Continent.

Quote Originally Posted by tolstoi
    to add up..their Sony Walkman Mp3s was a big bust.
    .. that's why Sony merged with Ericsson, incorporating their Walkman brand to phones.

.. Sony is a giant. Microsoft may have the financial muscle but Sony is still untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin

.. Sony is a giant. Microsoft may have the financial muscle but Sony is still untouchable.

Any referal links to that? i always had it in mind that M$ could almost buy any publicly traded company.. i have no idea on how big the financial muscle of sony is.. any links stating both sony and M$ would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by lokster
    i agree that the ps3 is overpriced but its probably going to be lowered.
    Not much of a difference when PS2 was announced, it to was very expensive on its time. But after 2~3 years were decent games started to arise the price of the unit plunged.
    I even think that PS3's price range will drop faster as compared to how PS2 and PS1 did.

Last time I heard, M$ was also buying IBM.

... Not!

Seriously, this is all speculation. Sony is too well entrenched in several lines of business. It'd be incredibly stupid as it makes absolutely no business sense to buy Sony.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

Quote Originally Posted by obemon
    C'mon. Don't count them out yet. If there's one company that can rival with Apple, that's Microsoft (unlimited cashflow that will do anything to gain market share). So let's see what they can come up with. Competition is good. It leads to better pricing and better features.

As for Microsoft buying Sony... As much as MS would love to, the federal US govt will probably not allow this. Aren't there laws in the States to prevent two big corporations of merging to regulate business monopolies, preserve competition, and protecting consumers against anticompetitiveness?
    Why is their OS X? Apple is a cult thing..... Microsoft can't beat that

There's a possibility that Microsoft could buy out Sony's Playstation Division w/c is the Sony Computer Entertainment, you know what? Sony is not really dominating in High Definition Display biznes i mean there technology are not that really gud or something that could make them stand out from the rest as you compare during those CRT tubes old days their TRINITRON or WEGA crt tubes are really great but today as we all know HDTV Flat Panel display is the future, SAMSUNG and SHARP flat panel display are having some good review from the tech press.

9.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12