Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When You Are Jealous/Envious of a 'Perfect' Friend

have you ever experienced a time when you can't stand someone who's so perfect?!

that someone's who's rich.. smart.. good looking.. fashionable.. got a cool bf/gf.. came from a perfect family.. doesn't seem to have any flaws..

that someone who never fails to make you feel inferior or insecure..

worst thing is.. that someone happens to be your FRIEND..

Elite Member Platinum Member Carte Blanche's Avatar
    Haha good thing I haven't experienced this. I prolly can't handle her.

so far... nope.. and im sure I can't handle her too..

Infractions: 0/3 (6)
    wala ko ma-jealous ato kay i found out mas taas pa ako

i used to have a friend though i find her perfect in another manner. she was one of my bride's maids and she is one of my son's god mothers and she happens to be a friend of my husband. we used to be teammates but not anymore since she has transferred to a different department already. she used to be my confidant. to make the story short, i ended up deciding to let her go. and i did let her go

Default Good friends make one secure of oneself

Quote Originally Posted by makathy View Post
    have you ever experienced a time when you can't stand someone who's so perfect?!

that someone's who's rich.. smart.. good looking.. fashionable.. got a cool bf/gf.. came from a perfect family.. doesn't seem to have any flaws..

that someone who never fails to make you feel inferior or insecure..worst thing is.. that someone happens to be your FRIEND..
    I think the late great Eleanor Roosevelt (American social activist and former First lady) wrote it best in her autobiography, "This is My Story", that "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."And in regards to dealing with inferiority, Eleanor Roosevelt would know having been orphaned by both parents at a young age and growing up, starved for affection, insecure and seeing herself as "ugly." Yet she somehow rose above that and became a well-respected and influential person in history.

I do know people whose 'blessings' I sometimes envy and wish to have. But I've come to realize that there is no such thing as 'perfect people' but only people who do not want to dwell on their flaws or on what they lack. It does not do one good to belittle oneself. Be kind to yourself. Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else.

I have friends who I consider to be simply wonderful and awesome, truly admirable people whose assets I sometimes covet in thought but I do not wish ill of them or have negative thoughts of myself. Though at times I do feel insecure hanging around with them but somehow my friends sense this and do what they can to make me feel at ease.

And because of the kind acknowledgment and acceptance of who I am and how I am by these people, I am moved to give the same kindness back to them. I think that's what friendship is basically about-- acknowledging and especially valuing each other's existence.

^^again diem.. hats off to you!! c",)

people tend to be not contented on what they have.. maybe at times i do get jealous of some of my friends.. is that normal? i mean.. not to be a hypocrite or anything.. but sometimes.. life for me is just not fair..

don't get me wrong.. i LOVE my friends.. but there are the ones who just 'unconsciously' flaunt their stuffs or 'blessing'.. which i sometimes find irritating..

c",)

you really really do not know what is happening in their home when the doors are closed and the last guest has gone home.....

also.....mainis ka lang kasi u allow that to affect you. instead of counting what u do not have...start counting what blessings you have.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by makathy View Post

that someone who never fails to make you feel inferior or insecure..

worst thing is.. that someone happens to be your FRIEND..
    I have a couple of friends who'd fit the description, and honestly, I was never envious. In fact, I feel lucky to have them in my life. They're beautiful, smart, strong and kind women...and they enrich my life. I love 'em!

corny but true LOL

i dont have those kinds of friends lagi? i wonder why.... nwei, so far, kanang grabe na jud ka jealous wala pa ko ka try ana...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast