Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Color Therapy

Default Color Therapy

Forgive the "therapy" part I couldn't think of a better word for the topic.

Back in my old company we had this team that specializes in color and part of that specialization was studying human physiological (the eye) and psychological (perceptions) asepcts on color. I read some of their books and human perception really plays a major role in the the way humans can interpret the quality of our pictures.

Later, in Cagnaan book sales I saw this book on colors for your house. e.g. color x is for financial success, color y is for peace, color z is for health and so on. (can't remember the colors right now). So if your room has this color it would stimulate that feeling in you. Also, these colors would be ideal for certain rooms where you have a specific use for it. Like the color for peace would be ideal for a bedroom or study room and such.

Has anyone encountered this type study before? I think it's somewhat like Feng Shui. However, compared to feng shui this thing has a more sound explanation because it delves in to the physiological and psychological aspects of humans.

mas nyc ning color chuva than feng shui i guess..

i cannot debate psychology moreover, physiology.
    But feng shui? Hmmm... that's a different story

i think there is some truth to it. similar to why we like light or dark-skinned people.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    Forgive the "therapy" part I couldn't think of a better word for the topic.

Back in my old company we had this team that specializes in color and part of that specialization was studying human physiological (the eye) and psychological (perceptions) asepcts on color. I read some of their books and human perception really plays a major role in the the way humans can interpret the quality of our pictures.

Later, in Cagnaan book sales I saw this book on colors for your house. e.g. color x is for financial success, color y is for peace, color z is for health and so on. (can't remember the colors right now). So if your room has this color it would stimulate that feeling in you. Also, these colors would be ideal for certain rooms where you have a specific use for it. Like the color for peace would be ideal for a bedroom or study room and such.

Has anyone encountered this type study before? I think it's somewhat like Feng Shui. However, compared to feng shui this thing has a more sound explanation because it delves in to the physiological and psychological aspects of humans.
    Tokidoki, do not dare compare Feng Shui in this color therapy post of yours because Feng Shui is another serious study. I think you were exposed to "New Age Feng Shui" and not the authentic "Classical Feng Shui" as practiced in Ancient China. Color has some uses in Feng Shui but in Classical Feng Shui, colors have little or minimal effect to the Qi Configuration of the house and person.

Although, I would agree in this the effects of colors to the human Psychology of a person and how our heads react to certain colors. This is human Psychology, not Feng Shui. Feng Shui deals with location and direction of a building, nation, state, etc. Feng Shui has a sound explaination in its use of colors, only that you don't know them or you just don't understand it.

well i don't believe in feng shui so i really don't care if i make a crude relation of this topic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
    well i don't believe in feng shui so i really don't care if i make a crude relation of this topic to it.
    Classical Feng Shui does not require "belief" for it to work. You'll just see its effects if it has been properly applied... duhhh...

It is not proper that you make a crude relation of this topic to a well established study(because True and Authentic feng shui has been bastardized many times already and you are adding to it!!!!!), especially that you know nothing about Feng Shui. Mura ka ug ga ala expert. Hahaha.

I am very curious about colors and what they symbolize. I often find myself researching about them on the internet. I've read that wearing pink confuses an attacker or makes him feel weak (eg. rapist) but that the strength of his motive will double the second time around (the second time he sees you in pink).

Also I've asked myself the reasons why I like my favorite colors, compared them to what they supposedly symbolize and to my surprise, they quite match.

But I guess it still boils down to preference. If black makes you feel calm instead of blue, then you would be more likely to color your room black. While you may be comfortable in your room, others wouldn't be so.

@Red.Emano: OT naka pre but I'll humor you just this once. I don't have to be an expert to say that I don't want to believe in feng shui. if you think it's real try this simple test: (Supposing authentic Feng Shui is right to you) Ask a couple or so Feng Shui experts to design a house for you. If that's a little expensive try furniture arrangements. Ask them you want to attract a certain "positive" effect in your living room (like good health). I'll bet you NONE of them will give you the same design (on top of the consulting fees they charge). If Feng Shui were really set in stone pre then the arrangements would be the same and not in an obviously SUBJECTIVE manner. After all, you want to attract HEALTH, diba? When it comes to Feng Shui, NOBODY is an expert. But one thing is for sure. EVERYONE becomes BROKE after these experts leave. Or if you want to see how much of a BS it is bai you can visit cempark or the local cemetery. A feng shui "expert" was with us when we wanted to have those fancy chinese characters on the grave of my uncle. She said the correct color scheme is Red on Yellow. Guess what was in the cemetery? Yellow on Red. LOL. Not only that, a good number of graves have this mixed up.

@yoli: I know. That's why I'm asking if anyone has encountered this before.
    Last edited by tokidoki; 09-24-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added for personal peace of mind.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast