Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Whats the best toy for a 1 yr old kid?

one year old kid. rattles. in the States tanan toys labelled and its usually not for one year olds not much choices there. When they grow bigger then you can start giving them interactive toys, cdrom reader rabbbit series stuff, playdoh, etc. But not when most toys are choking hazards for the smaller children like 1 yr. old.

ipod. puno og barney songs hehehe

I remember I used to have this big Mother Goose storyteller for my kids. Saksakan lang nimo ug story tape and play....ipa atbang nako sila sa Mother goose that moves and the mouth opens and closes like it talks while the story plays and same with the eyes ni Mother goose mo open and close at it pauses and talks, that really helped me a lot! i dont have to tell my kids stories, hehehe i had so many bala nga tape mga stories for them while i do other things around the house. That was a big help for me My older daughter who is now 24 ang mga uso sa iyang kapanahonan kadtong rainbrow brite, strawberry shortcake, the care bears, my little pony, mister rogers neighborhood sa tv, sesame street, cabbage patch dolls, alvin and the chipmunks. Then my 12 yr. old who was born in the 90s sa iyang time si Barney na. Until now, we have boxes and boxes of Barney vhs sa storage. At that time, everything was VHS wala pa mga cdrom and dvd. But for one year old, something like that Mother Goose storyteller will do kaayo and they'll fall asleep afterwards listening to the stories

Here, nia ra ang Mother Goose i told you about. I'm surprised morag collectors item na man diay ni. It was so cheap before in the early 80s. Look at the price on this sa Ebay. Sayang, i should have kept it. I donated it long time ago as my older daughter was growing na. But this Mother Goose really helped my job easier as a Mom. Exactly this same one. In fact, i myself was very fond of it kay super cute kaayo ni siya nga Mother Goose especially the movement as she tells stories.

http://item.express.ebay.com/ws/eBay...1&tr=merch:cvi

a cardboard box like those big balikbayan boxes

Para unsa man ang cardboard box tah?

Default Re: Is *** should be or should not be included in parenting?

i really think that indeed *** education starts at home... PERO dili abrupt ang pagtudlo, like you teach them only when they start to ask curious questions. maybe you introduce it gradually to conform their ability to understand. like when they are still small, emphasize to them the difference between a girl and a boy, comparing them to daddy and mommy... and instill to them that boys should respect girls... and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by tahbiapo
    a cardboard box like those big balikbayan boxes
    lol that's funny himoon na siya ug morag play pen, hahaha

Default Re: PC Games for the kids ??? good or not good?

I think the child has a lot to gain from pc games, and a lot to lose if he is not allowed to play it - one of which is self-esteem. Imagine your child's classmate telling him how wonderful it is to play this game or that, and your child has nothing to say because he does not know that game even exists. I agree, the key is moderation - and regulation. I do not allow my kids to play in the internet cafe because I cannot monitor their comings and goings, or the games they play. I bought them a computer dedicated for games alone, and saw to it that it is equipped with the proper programs that will make them enjoy the experience to the hilt. Not only have my kids enjoyed the computer, they have also learned values like sharing and "taking turns". They have a log and dutifully accomplish it. Sometimes they play one game together, and I can see their bonds deepening. Getting this computer is one of my best decisions yet.

Default Re: Is *** should be or should not be included in parenting?

Quote Originally Posted by moyti
    i really think that indeed *** education starts at home... PERO dili abrupt ang pagtudlo, like you teach them only when they start to ask curious questions. maybe you introduce it gradually to conform their ability to understand. like when they are still small, emphasize to them the difference between a girl and a boy, comparing them to daddy and mommy... and instill to them that boys should respect girls... and so on...
    :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement