Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Infractions 101

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Most infractions are one point each and last for 30 days or extend your current infractions for 30 more days if you already have infractions. Custom infractions can be more than one point and last longer than 30 days.

ok, got it, infraction 101.., (juz posted less than 15 posts ang i already got an infraction - "off-topic")

well, great to know that moderators here are doing their jobs., rest assured sir vern, my "off-topic" post was never meant to be "off-topic", i was just trying to put some... well, doesn't matter., no excuse, sorry.. i'll not do it again, at least, not intentional...

puhhleezz,., well
    i'm one of you guys!,., curiosity, really killed the cat ehehhe,., having bold font sizes,., and trying of other
    fonts,.,
    30 days its off,., wont do that again...

@lasgaw: before posting a topic, u should have read the rules.. and of course double-check your post if your topic is sensible to the said topic..

anyways, an infraction you receive is only a sign that you will be careful the next time you create a post here in Istorya. And it does not mean that an infraction will deter you from posting here, its for 30 days as sir vern has said, just keep your eyes open the next time.

mga sir ug ma'am..ask lang ko hap..

can an infraction be lifted? for example ghatagan ka ug infraction and you explain your side to the mod who gave it to you.

and lastly, can bans be lifted pud? when can a ban be lifted?

thnx!

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar
    Infractions can be lifted but are not going to be lifted if you actually violated a rule in a moderator's eyes. Explaining your side doesn't make it ok to break rules.

Bans can be lifted ... but not really. If there was an intentional ban on you, I'm pretty sure there was a good reason. Also, there are temporary bans. It could for a few hours, a few days, weeks, months or never.

i received (my main account actually, this account was abandoned long time ago) an infraction by vern.

but id like to clarify why he did it. i know all the rules here so im not fond of violating any. so i would like to clarify why i was given 7 red infractions.

so my story is this.

i had a thread in the gaming section (i assume vern moderates that section). that thread was long time ago. so i updated it by changing the title of my thread. i admit that i did some rule violating by saying "up". so do i have to get 7 infractions for that?? i did it 7 times but not consecutive. isnt it just one violation?? just for saying "up" in an non-b&s thread??

i hope i get the soonest reply. it doesnt sound good to be given infractions. thanks.

edit: i guess dates are not significant. now i know.... i should have not updated a dead thread. now i have 7 red marks. brilliant!

can mods be given infractions?? just curious... some mods go off topic too... humans as they are they commit mistakes as well.. who gives them infractions?? or are they immune to infractions?? well, mods dont give infractions to their colleagues, am i right? just curious.
    Last edited by Galadriel; 11-18-2008 at 04:02 PM.

na a sad ko ani bro..... sa word lang na tabang......

i would *think* that mods are immune to infractions. i'm not sure though. the mods can enlighten us on this.

@jaypeeb: it doesn't sound too good to be given infractions because you did it yourself. you just let other members know that you got an infraction, when in fact, others can't view your infractions but you.

look at me, i currently have an infraction and i don't even tell the whole world about it.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    look at me, i currently have an infraction and i don't even tell the whole world about it.

lol
    You just did, oi.

11.    Advertisement

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast