World-class theater artist Michael Williams of Repertory Philippines will once again be based in Cebu this summer to supervise the musical theater workshops at the Mango Avenue campus of the Sacred Heart School - Jesuit from April 16 to May 6. Organized by Little Boy Productions and the Sacred Heart School - Jesuit, the workshops aim to introduce kids to theater and the performing arts, develop their talents, foster teamwork, discipline, commitment and support, while making new friends along the way.

There will be two classes: Children’s Musical Theater for kids 6 to 12 years old, and Musical Theater for Young Adults for participants 13 years old and above. Both workshops run from April 16 to May 6, with daily sessions of three hours each from Monday to Friday for three weeks, comprising of acting, voice, and movement classes that will culminate in a Broadway musical presentation for family and friends at the Marcelo Fernan Theater on May 7.

Michael Willams was part of the original London cast of “Miss Saigon” and went on to play Lun Tha in the London revival of “The King and I.” He is a resident actor of the Manila-based Repertory Philippines theater company. He has appeared in over 100 plays and musicals such as “Les Miserables,” “Once on This Island,” “The King and I,” “The Sound of Music,” “Man of La Mancha,” and “Cabaret.” He has also directed many plays and musicals for Repertory Philippines, including “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change” and “Cinderella.” This is his second time to teach acting workshops in Cebu, having taught here last summer.

Little Boy Productions, headed by executive producer Hendri Go, recently produced the stage version of Disney’s “High School Musical” in Manila starring Karel Marquez for Blue Repertory, and plans are underway for a Cebu staging later this year.

Workshop fee is P 4,500.00. For more information about the workshops, please call 254-9320, 415-7068 or 0917 815-5794 or visit us at Exams Excellence, 3rd Floor, Manros Plaza (across Fooda), Mango Avenue, Cebu City.