Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Unsay nindot na latop sony vaio o hp pavillon. unsay kalahian nila?

asay nindot ana nila duha?

Default Re: Unsay nindot na latop sony vaio o hp pavillon. unsay kalahian nila?

i suggest you start with how much are you going to spend for a notebook

not just choosing between those 2 brands.

for about 4500 dirhams. i dont know pila ang equivalent sa dirham sa atoa.

bro...
    may i suggest pros and cons...

Sony is better than hp. I really like sony.
    Good screen, resolution is great (like MAC) and the
    sleek designs....
    But the problem is that sony has no service centers here in the phil.
    So anything the brokes, mag antos ta sa mga generic nga mu fix ug computers.
    But they are all the same man pud- computers. Only imo warranty sa sony dili ma gamit unless
    sa ila service centers nato ipa-ayo which is outside the country (singapore perhaps).

As for HP, HP is a good brand.
    No question about performance.
    Hp has improved alot. processor and memory
    are very dependable.
    And their service centers are all over philippines.
    So there is actually no problem with after-sales from HP.

So its up to you, really.
    HP is a good brand. But i like sony.
    After-sales...well you heard me on top....
    Good luck bro ! :mrgreen:

============
    IT is my business.

put it in dollars please

anyways sony has elegantly styled laptops

and you pay more for it

hp has no style at all but it does the job....

if you want style get a sony

if you want a laptop that gets the job done get an hp

base on my experience mas nindot gyud ang HP. why?

1. quality and performance <---- ok pa man so far
    2. service center availability in philiipines <---- mura ubay ubay
    3. online customer support through chat <---- very helpful :mrgreen:
    4. helpful software diagnostics availability <----- helpful sad

the down side

1. no separate drivers & application programs (for new models) <---- ease on reformatting
    2. pour speaker quality (i prefer the old models having round speakers of harman kardon) <---- lata ug tingog
    3. volume (hardware & software adjustments) are integrated <----- sucks!

now, i currently own a new dv5000 series. comparing to sony ang problema gyud is service center ana kay wla pa gyud ko kabalo. but comparing this to my previous toshiba laptop in sound quality layo ra gyud kaayo siya. harman kardon sounds very nice even played in slightly high volume.

Para nako sad HP and Sony have different "Target" market in terms of laptop usage, ka2ng gusto ug morag business/formal look they go for HP since mas dako ang screen sa HP and it has a more business orriented look, those who want slick and lightweight and dont mind the price they go for sony, i still remeber when i first saw the "X" series of sony it was super duper thin and lightweight.

I'd go for HP as well if I were you. Sure the Sony Vaio ones looks sleek with lots of multimedia goodies but their Tech Support is always another story. How many times we get customers complaining bout Sony's incompetency to support them.

Like two weeks ago, a customer came in to us wanting a new laptop since his 2yr old Sony Vaio which he originally bought from the UK is unfixable. So we asked him bout his Sony notebook. He told us the system started crashing a lot so he took it to SonyNZ here for repair. They told him it needed a new hard drive but they can't load Windows XP without the original Restore CD. The customer then asked them to get one for him and he is happy to pay. SonyNZ told him instead that they can't do it and he the customer has to get hold of SonyUK to send him one. After several calls and emails to SonyUK without any luck, customer gave up and decided to get a new laptop instead.

After knowing this, we decided to fix his ailing Sony laptop.... replaced the faulty hard drive, loaded an OEM version of WindowsXP using the key that was on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker, then loaded all the necessary drivers which we got from Sony's website. Whalaaa! Customer happy. And thanks to Sony's incompetent support... we made 70% margin on the new hard drive and labour.

I have no personal experience with HP laptops,but but my sister's sony laptop has an avg batt life of 4~6hours depeding if its typing documents only, or playing music along with other stuff.

@obemon.. malas owner sa.. wala na siyay powerpanel sa sony.. his batt is gonne run out so fast and his laptop is gonna be heating up like hell

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast