Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Parvo virus - how long will it take to get rid of the virus?

My little 3 month old shipoo died on sunday(july 24) due to parvo virus. My poor baby

My family plans to get me a new puppy for me to get over my depression. but i'm a little scared at the moment. i was told that the virus would still be alive within the parameters of the house.

my question is:
    How long does it take for the virus to die, so that i can get a new puppy and not have it get infected?

I've been disinfecting the areas of the house (especially the places where my previous baby had his last diarrhea scene) every other day. But ive read that the virus doesnt die with just disinfecting it.

When is it safe for me to bring my new puppy home?

Default Re: Parvo virus - how long will it take to get rid of the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by ulyssa_marie View Post
    My little 3 month old shipoo died on sunday(july 24) due to parvo virus. My poor baby

My family plans to get me a new puppy for me to get over my depression. but i'm a little scared at the moment. i was told that the virus would still be alive within the parameters of the house.

my question is:
    How long does it take for the virus to die, so that i can get a new puppy and not have it get infected?

I've been disinfecting the areas of the house (especially the places where my previous baby had his last diarrhea scene) every other day. But ive read that the virus doesnt die with just disinfecting it.

When is it safe for me to bring my new puppy home?
    clean the area with bleach. then if you buy a new pup make sure to put her inside a kennel box or make her stay inside your room (agwantahon sa nimo hpos ihi og tae) til ma complete iya vaccines. that is what we did when we purchased our sheepdog. naa ra gyud sya sulod sa kwarto. shes not allowed to go outside til na complete gyud iya shots. and now shes big and healthy as ever >

idisinfect gamit zonrox ang palibot.. pero para makasiguro w8 lang for a couple of months. ako pup sauna namatay sa parvo after 6 months nikuha ko ug lain ok ra man..

Actually, the breed of the pup is a tea cup maltese, and it's about 60 days old.

He already got his first 5-in-1 vaccine, and my family plans to bring him home by tomorow! So that means, it's only been a week since the virus was here. I'm a bit nervous.. since my previous baby would run around the house as well, the virus might be present still.

How many shots of the 5-in-1 till it's safe?

they advice 5 pero akoa sheepdog she only got 3 so far healthy ra sya run. so just make sure na dili sya amg sniff around. coz parvo virus sometimes gikan na sya sa mga dirt na ning pilit sa ato shoes or tsinelas. then ma dala sa atoa haus. so para safe gyud better quarantine lang gyud sa imo pup isolate her from the outside world til shes ready and healthy.

the problem is, my previous pup was INSIDE the house. But ill quaranteen my new pup to my bed or somewhere above the floor para sure.

U think it's safe for me to get it 1 week later? Or kuyaw ma takdan?

Im sorry to say but unless your dog is hospitalized, he/she will not make it. The disease itself does not kill but he/she will dehydrate severely. There is no cure for it, unless he/she is hospitalized, even then they only have a 40% chance of living

Quote Originally Posted by denkyo View Post
    Im sorry to say but unless your dog is hospitalized, he/she will not make it. The disease itself does not kill but he/she will dehydrate severely. There is no cure for it, unless he/she is hospitalized, even then they only have a 40% chance of living
    my shipoo was hospitalized, but he didnt make it. i cried so hard at the clinic. It really hurts to lose a baby.

But it;s been a week now, and we plan to adopt a new one. I'm just afraid that the parvo virus is still present within the floors of the house where my previous puppy used to run around. I don't want my new pup to catch the disease.

I'll take the advice given earlier and quarantine him in my room to make sure that he doesnt catch the virus too.

parvo virus can easily be eliminated thru bleaching.
    just make sure you have properly bleached every nook and cranny of your home.
    and as an added security, ayaw sa palakaw2x ang imu new pup until his vaccines are completed na
    which is around a month from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwood_Cebu View Post
    parvo virus can easily be eliminated thru bleaching.
    just make sure you have properly bleached every nook and cranny of your home.
    and as an added security, ayaw sa palakaw2x ang imu new pup until his vaccines are completed na
    which is around a month from now.
    Thanks so much for the info. I'm sure he wont mind being quarantined for a month. We have an older japanese dog, about 3 years old who stays in the house as well, but has complete vaccines. Would it be safe for them to interact?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast