Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

bro wala IT related gipangita aning mga off shore oil and gas projects? kay mostly sa ako nabasahan mga electrical man ug mechanical ila need..

halu..asa ta maka apply sa Gas2Grid..asa dapit ila agency?please help..mag drill man sila sa south of cebu

naa may IT bai pero dili jud part sa rig crew, mga support na sila sa office and mosampa na sila sa installation ug naay mga trouble sa system or kung mag rig move pero dili sad magdugay.

depende pud na if naa ka sa oil company (like Shell, Total, Petronas, Occidental, etc) or drilling contractor (Seadrill, Transocean, Noble, Ensco, etc...) or service contractors (Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker, Weatherford, etc...).

Broad kaayo ang oil and gas, naay upstream (exploration / drilling) and downstream (production / processing) naa pa jud construction. Pero sa for the benefit sa subject mostly upstream and construction ang offshore, and production and processing naa sa landbase kadaghanan pero naa sad mga production facilities sa offshore.

Para nako I did not know oil and gas not until I graduated college and I came to think "ahak murag sayop man to ako course" but it's not. Though tinood lisod pag land into oil and gas job pero if you start from the bottom going up dali rana sudlon, all you need to have is perseverance and dedication na mag-apply, sa mga entry level ang pangutana ra jud mga mo interview is "are you willing to relocate and join us in...." so kana pa bay ingnon nimo na dili ka? kasagaran ron online na sila manguha. you can visit this site for a start RIGZONE - Your Gateway to the Oil & Gas Industry kay diha nakit-an ang akong CV when got the job as an STC for a drilling contractor based in Houston in 2010.

Anyway to share with you my experience I started as an operator (yes operator) for a service company and relocated to Qatar in 2005 earning less than 2thou USD a month. at that time dako na ng kwartaha (at least for me). That was my stepping stone to land a job in oil drilling. I became a senior officer working as a safety officer for drilling companies since 2010 and enjoying a 28/28 rotation, 5 figure salary (in dollars not peso) monthly and that is on and off the rig not to mention the other perks involved. And in the span of 3 years 3 times nasad kong nibalhin (syempre ug asa mas dako adto jud ka).

Yes it is a lucrative industry to land a job, ang pangutana is are you willing to step down to venture into another career on oil and gas. Mao ni pinaka-challenge i think kay kasagaran man gud labi na ug naa nay position dili na ganahan mobalik sa rank-in-file. Pero if willing ka ana, dili ka mahadlok sa risky na trabaho, dili ka maarte and okay ra nimo maghugaw-hugaw then the oil and gas will welcome you labi na sa recent oil discovery sa south of Cebu for sure if economical jud ang mag drill ug mag produce naay daghan opportunities dinha.

3 mi ka managsoon na safety officers my elder other brother is with a drilling company in 28/28 rotation and the youngest one is with functioning as a safety officer for Dubai Petroleum offshore production complex in 3/1 rotation, and I'm with a drilling contractor based in Houston drilling in Indonesia - yes we are a family of offshore safety guys. But we all started from the very bottom and moved our way up and by the way sariling kayod ni namo, la mi magsalig ug backer and we are not working for the same company.

Lastly i know a friend who met someone who was previously a Don Bosco STP (Skills Training Program) trainee in his rig, This guy is not a degree holder but he landed a job in offshore oil and gas and now presently a consultant for a service company specializing in fluids control and waste management (drilling cuttings) earning 800 USD per day.

Naa bay lugar ang mga Civil engineers or Structural engineers sa kani nga industry? Please share. Nsa nga position fitted nako? Structural Designer ra ako experience sa steel connections.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndingDrive View Post
    Naa bay lugar ang mga Civil engineers or Structural engineers sa kani nga industry? Please share. Nsa nga position fitted nako? Structural Designer ra ako experience sa steel connections.
    Naa kaayo bai, samot na ang mga dagkong companies karon iyahay ug baligya sa ilang daan na rig ug sige naga order ug mas daghan.

try sa link na ako gipost basin naa kay makit-an dinha.

TRY PUD MO ANI NA LONG LIST FROM IADC - Syaro sa kadaghan ana dinha la joy moreply ninyo....

http://www.iadc.org/membership/DCD06...rs_revised.pdf

Good Luck and God Bless....

Quote Originally Posted by jill View Post
    I've started as roustabout at 2003 in Jack up rig, rotation at that time 8 weeks on 4 weeks off under agency in Manila, 2005 I decided to apply for Assistant Driller kalooy sa Ginoo I was hired thru SOS agency Semi Sub old school system. Kada gabii study about well control, downhole equipment, calculations dayon prayer before sleeping. 2006. Went to KSA drilling for Aramco still under Agency 28/28 rotation na. I was an AD but I was running around the rig like a madman, trying to prepare BHA, pipe tally, bottom hole calculation for circulation and kill the well. 2007 My biggest break work directhire as one of the Biggest offshore norwagean company 6th generation drillship. Working Brazil for Exxon, then Petrobras, dili sayon kay kadawat ug peso pirmi pero I take it as a challenge and learn from my mistake, was then sent to Norway for further training on NOV CYBERBASE TRAINING COURSE, kini laging naning kaayo became No.1 I was then promoted to Driller. Joined a different offshore company become Senior Driller and now Tourpusher. Everything through hardwork, determination, patience, wisdom, smart and a lot of prayers.

If you guys believe, dream and work hard in it I believe you can make it. I made it why can't you.

GOOD LUCK ON YOU GUYS!!!!

To all of you, this gentleman's position (if he still is a Toolpusher) is the second highest ranking in the offshore oil drilling rig next to the Offshore Installation Manager, pwede na gani ni siya makarecommend. He is one of few Filipinos who made it to this position and hope there will be more to come. Ayaw sa ug retire sir ug wa paman gani ka sa anang edara haha.... Be a rig manager sa or higher pa in the corporate ladder aron makatabang kas mga bisaya.

Reading through his quote I do agree that all of us who now worked for offshore went through hardwork, dedication, patience, and prayers. Walay ni-abot ani na position na wa mo-agi sa ubos.

Sir Jill, I'm proud to have seen you here bisan diri lang and hope to meet you in person if our rotation schedule and training days off permits.

Ok raba ang asthmatic motrabaho ani nga industry?

dapat man siguro fit jud ka kay istricto man ang medical ani. naa koy migo naa offshore kada 2 years mag re-medical unya daghan daw tan-awn. pero naa man siguro cure sa asthma diba? exercise raman siguro na hinay-hinay lang pag sugod, ambot lang kay di man sad ko doctor.

thanks sa tanan ni post.. nag sugod nako ug submit sa akoang application letter ug CV sa mga sites.. Hoping maka kuha ko ug spot sa offshore/on-shore company kay mura ug nindot jud ni na trabaho da.

Quote Originally Posted by czaracero View Post
    To all of you, this gentleman's position (if he still is a Toolpusher) is the second highest ranking in the offshore oil drilling rig next to the Offshore Installation Manager, pwede na gani ni siya makarecommend. He is one of few Filipinos who made it to this position and hope there will be more to come. Ayaw sa ug retire sir ug wa paman gani ka sa anang edara haha.... Be a rig manager sa or higher pa in the corporate ladder aron makatabang kas mga bisaya.

Reading through his quote I do agree that all of us who now worked for offshore went through hardwork, dedication, patience, and prayers. Walay ni-abot ani na position na wa mo-agi sa ubos.

Sir Jill, I'm proud to have seen you here bisan diri lang and hope to meet you in person if our rotation schedule and training days off permits.

No problem czaracero. I'm happy to met you guys if time permits. I still have 19 years to go before I retire, I aim for Rig Manager on my retirement, hopefully in Gods will.

11.    Advertisement

Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast