Default NVIDIA to Counter Radeon HD 6970 ''Cayman'' with GeForce GTX 580

AMD is undertaking its product development cycle at a breakneck pace, NVIDIA trailed it in the DirectX 11 and performance leadership race by months. This November, AMD will release the "Cayman" GPU, its newest high end GPU, the expectations are that it will outperform the NVIDIA GF100, that is a serious cause for concern, for the green team. It's back to its old tactics of talking about GPUs that haven't even taken shape, to try and water down AMD's launch. Enter, the GF110, NVIDIA's new high-end GPU under design, on which is based the GeForce GTX 580.

The new GPU is speculated to have 512 CUDA cores, 128 TMUs, and a 512-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface holding 2 GB of memory, with a TDP of close to that of the GeForce GTX 480. In the immediate future, there are prospects of a more realistic-sounding GF100b, which is basically GF100 with all its 512 CUDA cores enabled, while retaining its 384-bit GDDR5 memory interface, 64 TMUs, and slightly higher TDP than that of the GTX 480.
    NVIDIA to Counter Radeon HD 6970 ''Cayman'' with GeForce GTX 580 | techPowerUp

What's all with the butt humping with the GPU makers here?

AMD: Oh hai, we're screwing you guys again so we're gonna release the babiez version of the HD 6000. Crap your pants and piss on your undies my chikadees.
    Nvidia: Oh hai, we're screwing you moar. We has teh GTX495 which we will rename as teh GTX580.
    AMD: S**T F**K S**T F**K S**T F**K S**T F**K BRB Delaying HD 6000.

nice find..
    ill go with 6970 any time of d day !

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    What's all with the butt humping with the GPU makers here?

AMD: Oh hai, we're screwing you guys again so we're gonna release the babiez version of the HD 6000. Crap your pants and piss on your undies my chikadees.
    Nvidia: Oh hai, we're screwing you moar. We has teh GTX495 which we will rename as teh GTX580.
    AMD: S**T F**K S**T F**K S**T F**K S**T F**K BRB Delaying HD 6000.
    i quite like the butt humping going on between these 2 "eternal enemies". Question at this point in time is: who's bending over and getting humped? and who's humping the 1 bending over?

......either way, this is good for the end consumer, we get faster cards at (hopefully) reasonable prices.

so i say carry on AMD & INVIDIA!!!

let their war rage on...we benefit from it hahaha!

I hope they really put the latest lucid hydra chips on the cards so we can hybrid scale our current gpus with the new ones!

They can fool the rich but they cant fool the poor because we cant afford these damn cards.
    Last edited by Kenshiro; 10-18-2010 at 12:47 AM.

8.    Advertisement