Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Don't Know

Default I Don't Know

why is it that people like to pretend they know the answers when in fact, they don't really know the answers. what's so hard with saying "I don't know"? is saying "I don't know" so hard to do that people who 'don't know' the answers give others the impression that they actually do.

for instance, i've seen threads in Gen Disc that talks about "the end of times is near" ... "he is coming" ... i mean wtf, how did you know that? then there's Catholicism --- if you ask a priest where our souls go after we die --- "it goes to purgatory". i mean WOW, again, how did you know that? in Islam, you go in a suicide mission to meet 72 virgins in heaven? that's ridiculous.

just say "I don't know what's going to happen, really" and that's the end of the story. because in reality, we don't have the answers.

.. chad, my stomach hurts from laughing, not to disagreeing with you but to absolutely agreeing with you. And guess what they'll answer if you ask them " how'd you know that? " , they'll give you " it's from our holy scripture ". and for sure they'll also tell us, " that's the end of that ".

chad, don't worry, im studying for the priesthood. i will remember your questions and find out the answers for myself, then give them to you.

i think that's because some people think it makes them look smarter... when in fact it doesn't. and most of the time, ego. they're so full of it they don't want to admit that they don't know, or that they only know so much about something.

sabi nga, shallow water is noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    why is it that people like to pretend they know the answers when in fact, they don't really know the answers. what's so hard with saying "I don't know"? is saying "I don't know" so hard to do that people who 'don't know' the answers give others the impression that they actually do.
    I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by dwardwarbinx View Post
    I don't know.
    brilliant answer!

Quote Originally Posted by [PROTOTYPE] View Post
    chad, don't worry, im studying for the priesthood. i will remember your questions and find out the answers for myself, then give them to you.
    until you experience that yourself, you're no different than all "those people" that the TS meant...

i say, "get a knife and run into it".... LOL...

I have no idea why...

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post

for instance, i've seen threads in Gen Disc that talks about "the end of times is near" ... "he is coming" ... i mean wtf, how did you know that? then there's Catholicism --- if you ask a priest where our souls go after we die --- "it goes to purgatory". i mean WOW, again, how did you know that? in Islam, you go in a suicide mission to meet 72 virgins in heaven? that's ridiculous.

just say "I don't know what's going to happen, really" and that's the end of the story. because in reality, we don't have the answers.
    1. it takes quite an intelligence for someone to accept the truth that he/she does not know..

2. people do always make an impression, and by far as impression imply that should be positive.. like they said 1st impression lasts, a defense mechanism i presume..

3. the stages of human learning, there are 4 levels each one of us must have undergone one these levels..

realization: sharing ideas to your friends even if you know less or not at all, the moment you realize you are wrong then you start the learning process.. commonly called "learn from your mistakes"

unfortunately from your examples i can not say you are wrong nor you are right but you must understand that reality has a broader meaning for me..

food for thought though: "your reality will not and will never be the same as mine"
    Last edited by dartzed; 03-11-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Nah, everybody think theirs is the truth, either believers or athiest a like. We should stop pointing fingers at each other.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast