Default SLAYER's LOMBARDO Wants To Teach METALLICA's ULRICH How To Play

The new issue of Rhythm magazine, available from November 24, features an in-depth interview with SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo. In the feature, written by SLAYER biographer Joel McIver, Lombardo discusses his Cuban roots, his early influences and the high points of his 28-year career all the way up to the release of the Los Angeles thrash quartet's latest album, "World Painted Blood". Excerpts from the interview follow.

Rhythm: Tell us about the drumming on "World Painted Blood".

Lombardo: "Man, I can't tell you how pleased I am with it! The producer, Greg Fidelman, is an all-round musician as far as I know, but he's especially keen on drums and very, very good at recording them. I swear to you, there were times when I'd record a dozen fills and he'd sit down with me and dissect each one — stroke by stroke! Literally one hit, and then another hit, and then another one — and then we'd decide whether to use this fill or that roll or whatever. It was incredible."

Rhythm: Playing with METALLICA at Download in 2004 must have been quite an experience. (See/hear video/audio footage below.)

Lombardo: "Yeah. Show 'em how it's done! No disrespect to Lars [Ulrich], because Lars is great and he's a very nice guy, but he needs to spend a week at my house and we need to sit down and play. I could show him — 'No, Lars, like this!'… 'Let's chill, let's relax, have some coffee and let's play!' Hahahahaha!"

Blog Entries
    tinonto ra na ambot lang sa uban mobasa ug ila ning tunlon klaro jud ugok

hahaha murag nag joke ra siya ana....hahaha

hehehe gamyana'y lng ug utok gud..mao rna

mag thrash of the titans na cla. hehehe. gmay ra kaau na

Quote Originally Posted by GOSPELofROCH View Post
    hahaha murag nag joke ra siya ana....hahaha

hahaha. roch, tinuod ni? hahahaha.. lars pa jd.

in fairness. kinahanglan naman jud! hehe haler. wa mo nakanotice naunsa na ang drumbeats sa metallica? no offense hap. but naklaro na iya katiguwang. idol ghapon nko xa ug ang metallica. d lang ko kablame ni Dave if ka.JOKE xa ug in.ato. yeah, most prolly, joke ra to. lol

murag amigo man cguro na cla unya binuang binuang lng. mura gud og mag kanchawanay sa barkada, ing ana lng cguro na way personal nga attack.

kauwaw xd ana sa part ni Lars oi...karaang taw na bya na siya...nag.una pa gd na cya sa duyan

10.    Advertisement