Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rig Help

Default New Rig Help

Ok, so a bit of background on my current situation (medyo taas2x ni so better grab a popcorn):

Around August 2014 I decided to move from console gaming (Xbox 360) to PC gaming, so I went ahead and sold my Xbox+games and old PC (piece of sh*t Acer pre-built) and pooled up the money I made so I could build a decent gaming rig. At that point I had about 25k in cash and was ready to buy, but my friend offered me the use of his gaming rig instead. Ingon siya nga since wala man sad to niya gigamit, he could let me use it indefinitely, kaysa ma lata ra sa ilang balay.

His rig was no slouch, it was a top of the line (from 2012) gaming rig complete with all the bells and whistles, which he was offering for me to use absolutely free. Since it's relevant to my ultimate point, I'll post the specs here:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 LGA2011 (high end ni siya, separate category from their i7-2xxx line)
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    GPU: Inno3d GTX 680
    RAM: 64GB 8x8GB Kingston Hyper X
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W
    Case: Silverstone Raven RV01
    CPU cooler: Larkooler brand CPU water cooler, not sure of the model

So anyway, I got this awesome rig for free - or at least until bawi-on sa akong migo. Although he said he didn't really need the rig for the foreseeable future so we were expecting nga I would be able to use it for the next year or two years. Suffice to say, nindot kaayo akong gaming experience using his new rig. Being able to play the latest games (at least games from 2014 or earlier) without ever turning the graphics dial down is great. What did I do with the 25k I got from selling my old PC and Xbox, you may ask? Well, since I assumed nga dili na ko mag need ug new PC anytime soon, we decided to spend it on other more important stuff. Since my wife was pregnant we decided to buy some baby stuff in advance and also pay off some of our credit card debts (mga monthly installments).

So fast forward to today, and my friend wants to take back his computer because he is building a house and needs the extra cash, so he wants to sell the computer he lent me. Now I've got a few days to come up with some cash so I can build a new PC before he takes his PC and I'm left with nothing.

So, with that in mind, here is my dilemma: I can spend at most 25k for a new rig. I'll have to build everything from scratch kay wala na jud koy spare components nga magamit. This is what I plan to build:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160
    Motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
    RAM: 8GB 4x2GB Kingston Hyper X Fury
    Edit - SSD: some kind of 128GB SSD for less than 3k php
    PSU and Case: to be determined, as long as dili mu-exceed ug 5000 php ang total

So far, sa akong mga na canvas nga sellers (local and stores in Manila), the total for these parts would be around 18k to 18.5k. Which leaves me just 6.5k for a graphics card if I want to stay within my 25k budget. I know that's not a lot of money for a decent GPU, and I am willing to stretch that to 10k at the most.

Now my question is: having experienced gaming with a 2012 flagship card (GTX 680), what graphics card should I buy that is not too much of a downgrade? I want to be able to play my current games without turning down the graphics settings that I actually notice a huge difference. I was leaning towards a GTX 750Ti, or if need be, R9 270 or 270x. I would prefer to spend less rather than more, and just upgrade to a better card in the future. However, I also want to make my new rig as "future-proof" as possible, so basin mag GTX 960 ko kung kaluy-an ko sa ginoo. Right now though I'm just torn on whether I should get a 750Ti and hope for more money in the coming months, or push my budget and spring for a 960/AMD equivalent.

tl;dr what graphics card should I buy for less than 10k that isn't too far of a downgrade, considering I've tasted the sweetness of a GTX 680.

Salamat daan!

Quote Originally Posted by Norad-II View Post
    Ok, so a bit of background on my current situation (medyo taas2x ni so better grab a popcorn):

Around August 2014 I decided to move from console gaming (Xbox 360) to PC gaming, so I went ahead and sold my Xbox+games and old PC (piece of sh*t Acer pre-built) and pooled up the money I made so I could build a decent gaming rig. At that point I had about 25k in cash and was ready to buy, but my friend offered me the use of his gaming rig instead. Ingon siya nga since wala man sad to niya gigamit, he could let me use it indefinitely, kaysa ma lata ra sa ilang balay.

His rig was no slouch, it was a top of the line (from 2012) gaming rig complete with all the bells and whistles, which he was offering for me to use absolutely free. Since it's relevant to my ultimate point, I'll post the specs here:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 LGA2011 (high end ni siya, separate category from their i7-2xxx line)
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    GPU: Inno3d GTX 680
    RAM: 64GB 8x8GB Kingston Hyper X
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W
    Case: Silverstone Raven RV01
    CPU cooler: Larkooler brand CPU water cooler, not sure of the model

So anyway, I got this awesome rig for free - or at least until bawi-on sa akong migo. Although he said he didn't really need the rig for the foreseeable future so we were expecting nga I would be able to use it for the next year or two years. Suffice to say, nindot kaayo akong gaming experience using his new rig. Being able to play the latest games (at least games from 2014 or earlier) without ever turning the graphics dial down is great. What did I do with the 25k I got from selling my old PC and Xbox, you may ask? Well, since I assumed nga dili na ko mag need ug new PC anytime soon, we decided to spend it on other more important stuff. Since my wife was pregnant we decided to buy some baby stuff in advance and also pay off some of our credit card debts (mga monthly installments).

So fast forward to today, and my friend wants to take back his computer because he is building a house and needs the extra cash, so he wants to sell the computer he lent me. Now I've got a few days to come up with some cash so I can build a new PC before he takes his PC and I'm left with nothing.

So, with that in mind, here is my dilemma: I can spend at most 25k for a new rig. I'll have to build everything from scratch kay wala na jud koy spare components nga magamit. This is what I plan to build:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160
    Motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
    RAM: 8GB 4x2GB Kingston Hyper X Fury
    Edit - SSD: some kind of 128GB SSD for less than 3k php
    PSU and Case: to be determined, as long as dili mu-exceed ug 5000 php ang total

So far, sa akong mga na canvas nga sellers (local and stores in Manila), the total for these parts would be around 18k to 18.5k. Which leaves me just 6.5k for a graphics card if I want to stay within my 25k budget. I know that's not a lot of money for a decent GPU, and I am willing to stretch that to 10k at the most.

Now my question is: having experienced gaming with a 2012 flagship card (GTX 680), what graphics card should I buy that is not too much of a downgrade? I want to be able to play my current games without turning down the graphics settings that I actually notice a huge difference. I was leaning towards a GTX 750Ti, or if need be, R9 270 or 270x. I would prefer to spend less rather than more, and just upgrade to a better card in the future. However, I also want to make my new rig as "future-proof" as possible, so basin mag GTX 960 ko kung kaluy-an ko sa ginoo. Right now though I'm just torn on whether I should get a 750Ti and hope for more money in the coming months, or push my budget and spring for a 960/AMD equivalent.

tl;dr what graphics card should I buy for less than 10k that isn't too far of a downgrade, considering I've tasted the sweetness of a GTX 680.

Salamat daan!
    Daog nanang GTX 960 1080p medium settings or 720p high settings. Nindut gihapon imung gaming experience ana.

The aim of GTX 960 is for 1080p 60fps gaming, you may not be able to run some other games at ultra settings, at least you can run it at mid-high settings at reasonable FPS. Other parts/specs are great and good to go. Since your budget for GPU can be extended to 10k, so i'll get GTX 960 instead for future proof, this card is awesome, performance wise, power wise, GTX 900 series is one of the best GPU offering nowadays.

For SSD: 128GB Crucial M550 cost around 2.8k+ php, this price is from Nutech.
    For Case: Since you choose a Micro ATX Mobo, then what I can recommend is CM N200.
    For PSU: a 500W 80+ PSU Silverstone, Corsair, Seasonic, etc.. would be enough to feed the GTX 960.

Gaming Specs:

Intel Core i3-4160 = 5k+
    Gigabyte H97M-D3h = 4.3k+
    Kingston HyperX 2x4GB = 3.5k+
    Zotac GTX 960 = 10k+
    Crucial M550 128GB = 2.8k+
    Silverstone/Seasonic 500W = 3.5k+
    CM N200 = 1.5k+

Total Price: 30k+ PHP

I'm asking you a favor, please extend your budget to 30k and for sure dli jd ka magmahay aning GTX 960, it's really worth it!
    Last edited by wylliexhan; 03-24-2015 at 02:31 AM.

@ TS,

for your GPU if you are ok for a used GTX 670, for me, this is the bang for your money according to your budget. the GTX 670 is a sort of 680 killer... hehehe... fact ni sya... in their prime, the 670 can performed in the realm of the 680 at a much more lower price tag...

trust me, this is my dilemma before too... but nevertheless, I opted to buy a dual GTX 670 SLI and ditch out my plan on the dual GTX 680 SLI...

these days, barato na kaayo ang GTX 670... I'm just mentioning the Nvidia side of things... naa pay equivalent offerings from AMD... or, you can check bro keropi's on sale used GPUs... GTX 660... kani kun mo stick ka's 25K budget... if you can extend a little bit, the current GTX 960 or AMD's equivalent is nice too...

AMD's R9 270x is also a very nice GPU for a budget 1080p gaming... its a mid tier gaming card though...

ako lang edit ang post ni boss @wylliexhan

Gaming Specs:

Intel Core i3-4160 = 5k+

Gigabyte H97M-D3h = 4.3k+

Kingston HyperX 2x4GB = 3.5k+

or @sorry18 PhP2K 8GB corsair value RAM ,

then you will still have PhP1.5K for another SATAIII 500GB HDD for files

Zotac GTX 960 = 10k+

Crucial M550 128GB = 2.8k+

^^ these are rocking solid specs! ^^

ThermalTake Smart SE 530W 87+rated Bronze : PhP2.1++K < performs slightly better than silverstone 500w except the UNBEATABLE Localized 3 years warranty of SST by FU.>

CM N200 = 1.5k+ i don't like the innards of this case that much , but it look so sleek and good

Cougard Archon or

Bitfenix Comrade is better by aesthetics overall and cable management

Total Price: 30k+ PHP

I'm asking you a favor, please extend your budget to 30k and for sure dli jd ka magmahay aning GTX 960, it's really worth it!
    i'll post it again :

please extend your budget to 30k and for sure dli jd ka magmahay aning GTX 960, it's really worth it!

or it tipid gyud, R9 270x
    Last edited by butitoy; 03-24-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Salamat kaayo sa mga responses ninyo mga boss

Nakalimot diay ko'g mention pero naa na koy 1TB HDD, so SSD nalang ako palitonon para OS lang ba. Nindot kaayo ni inyong mga suggestions for cases and PSU's, pero naa ra bay sellers diri sa Cebu nga mapalitan ani ug dali2x? Kay as much as possible di ko ganahan mu order gikan Manila kay hasol na.

Usa pa, naa bay namaligya diri ug GTX 960 nga equivalent ug presyo sa mga sellers sa Manila? Duna man gud koy mga nakit-an nga 960 sa PCHub ug DynaquestPC nga 9.5k to 10.5k ra, pero mao sad lagi, orderon pa nimo didto sa Manila ug ipa deliver pa.

^mao2 sad ang price ana diri sir sa 960. Zotac ata ug Palit 960s

nutech south
    gaisano interface
    enigma computers
    pc express

Since naa ka 1 TB HDD. I would prefer nga unya ka nlang mopalit ug SSD. hapak lang sa graphics card ang 2.8K to 3K nga ssd budget. Mas dako ug impact sa gaming performance ang videocard kay sa ssd. Bahalag hinay moload basta inig load na nindot ang graphics. Unsaon manang paspas mo load nya magmantinir ta sa graphics. If you would not mind pud get an h81 mobo for the meantime aron ka save ka another 1.5k to 2K.

Suggestion:
    Mobo: Asus/Gigabyte/MSI H81 (upgrade nalang later kung kaluag2x)
    Vcard: Saphire R9 280 (10,800), Powercolor R9 285 Turbo Duo (12K+). Palit Jetstream GTX 960 (10K+) - (SM - PCq**ckbuy prices)

BTW, I'm using ang bitfenix comrade. nahappy rako niya

--------------------------
    Edit:

Processor Intel Core i3-4160 5,100.00
    Motherboard Asus H81M-K 2,400.00
    Memory Kingston HyperX Fury 2,100.00
    Video Card Sapphire R9-280 3072MB 384bit DDR5 Dual-X OC 10,800.00
    Harddisk Drive WD 1TB Blue
    Power Supply Unit Xigmatek Tauro 600W (di ko sure kung ok ni sya pero Andyson iyang OEM) 2,900.00
    Casing Bitfenix Comrade 1,900.00
    Total Cost 25,200.00

How about AMD alternative hehehehe

AMD FX-6300 - PHP 4950.00
    Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P - PHP 3950.00
    Crucial M550 128gb - PHP 2900.00
    Corsair CX500 500W - PHP 2800.00
    Gskill Ripjaws X 8gb 4gbx2 DDR3 1866 CL9 - PHP 3500.00
    Cooler Master N200 Clear Side Mini Tower - PHP 1750.00

Initial Price w/o GPU - PHP 19,850.00

Video Card Options:

Palit Geforce GTX 960 Jetstream 2gb - PHP 9950.00