Default Arming the journalists

...are you amenable?

Filipino journalist Pablo Hernandez holds his Ingram machine pistol during a smoke break outside his office in Manila May 19, 2005. Five Filipino journalists have died this year forcing some reporters to carry guns to protect themselves as the New York based Committee to Protect Journalists labeled Philippines the most murderous country in the world for media. REUTERS/Erik de Castro

having all these killings doesn't justify pistol-carying journalists.. being killed is part of the rist they took long before they wrote certain items...

though i am sd of what is happening and it should be put to an end.

tough scribe...

No! No! No!

I have been a journalist myself (18 full years in the business). Count me as one of those disillusioned in journalism.

True, there are many in journalism who are professional and true to their calling. But there are quite a few who are as dangerous as the faceless assassins --- simply because they have the power of media.

Let us prod government to protect the journalists. It is the government's business to exactly do just that. Let us not replace it.

My heart bleeds for journalists who are victims to certain circumstances. But I am scared of placing guns in the hands of journalists who are as dangerous as the assassins they are supposed to protect themselves from.

Default Re: Arming the journalists

maypa bitaw aron naa silai defence

Quote Originally Posted by Blongkoy
    No! No! No!

Let us prod government to protect the journalists. It is the government's business to exactly do just that. Let us not replace it.
    correct!!! bayad na ang gov't thu our taxes... dapat lang we recieve the right service...

Quote Originally Posted by ronfer2001
    correct!!! bayad na ang gov't thu our taxes... dapat lang we recieve the right service...
    yap it should be the government who should protect not only the journalist but us all. . .

8.    Advertisement