Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Toyota Altis vs Mitsubishi Lancer (need help deciding)

Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8V or Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 GT-A
    which one should i get?

heres my thoughts...
    originally i was set on buying the Altis after seeing the brochure which had the black version available but when i ordered, the 1.8V (top of the line model) doesnt come in BLACK only the low models came in black!

so this led me to look into other manufacturer...and i came across the latest lancer ex gta which looks sweet on paper. my hesitation with mitsubishi is their track record...people say dali daw maguba...mahal paayo...bati support..etc. is this true? talking to people from mitsubishi sales, im already getting a bad vibe to be honest. some obvious although small lies were thrown my way. my call got cut after 10mins, they had my number but they didnt call back. so after an hour i called back i ask for test drive wala. i have to go all the way to mandaue just to see the lower model (since there is no GTA in cebu yet). that was saturday, they promised me monday morning they will drop off a brochure but they didnt. i had to remind them pa monday afternoon so i got the brochure tuesday. unlike toyota, they were very accomodating...even offered the test drive without me asking for it. little over an hour later sale agent with a brand new altis was at my office picking me up for the test drive.

Pros & Cons that i am aware of...
    Pro Lancer:
    it comes in BLACK
    18 inch wheels
    9 speaker rockford fosgate system (this i like hands down)
    INVECSIII CVT 6 speed automatic with sportstronic (gamit bah ni? would 6 speed transmission be more economical(gas) than 4 speed transmission that in the altis?)
    7 airbags (minor raman guro ni, di man ko grabi pakusog drive)
    Adaptive headlamps (how well does this perform? does it make a real difference?)

Pro Altis:
    Very good track record with excellent support and accommodations (is this all worth settling for a dark grey or beige color)
    Possibly better milage/gas consumption??
    Leather Seats with 8 way power seat adjustment
    better interiors (wood and leather steering,etc.)

im not much into cars. i dont buy cars often as they usually stay with me some 15 years...
    so i need everyones advice...can you share your thoughts? tnx

gizmo text line +63918-94-GIZMO (0918-94-44966)
    NOW HIRING we also accept dealers & freelance agents

Between the 2. Sa Mitsu ko.

The altis is basically the same as the older model except for the new sheet metal and new interior design cues. Still no multi-link rear suspension unlike the Lancer and the Civic.

Quote Originally Posted by b00rdz View Post
    Between the 2. Sa Mitsu ko.

The altis is basically the same as the older model except for the new sheet metal and new interior design cues. Still no multi-link rear suspension unlike the Mitsu and the Hondas.
    true which brings us to its advantage of having basically the same tested working combination with easier and cheaper parts to come by...
    do you think thats negligible compared to the mitsu?

i personally like the lancer.. i like the new look.. and for the service, my experience was very good.. we bought a strada last march.. but i think the service quality was a bit biased since my aunt is the company physician of mitsubishi motors..

Looks - LANCER
    Performance - LANCER
    Reliability - ALTIS
    Technology - LANCER
    Mainetenance - ALTIS
    Economical - ALTIS

I personally would choose the ALTIS since it is more of an economy car considering the problem right now with gasoline . Since its brand new , I wont really put a big deal on MAINTENANCE and RELIABILITY because 5 years down the road is not around the corner yet .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

if you are for fuel economy and low cost parts in the long run then choose the ALTIS...however if you are in to looks and performance then choose the LAncer...its really up to you...choose the car that really describes your self...but if I were in your shoes then i would choose the Altis, eventhough it has no black color....Go with the dark grey or better yet choose bright colors ( because color is one of the causes of car accident and regarding with the color black, scratches on the car can be easily seen or noticed)

hope i could help..

thanks for the input guyz...keep them coming...

regarding fuel economy, lancer sale people claims 9.5km/L and altis sale people claims only 8km/L(while i spoke to some mechanic they say its more like 12 daw)...whats up with that? are lancer people giving false claims? are altis people give conservative estimate? is the mechanic i spoke to high or something? whats the real deal here?

btw, i would also like to mention that during my test drive, the power steering on the altis felt heavy...

@kazki
    regarding color being a cause of accidents...i dont believe that, ive always owned all black cars for more than 15 years and in those many years never had a car accident in the city day or night...and thats with a SUPER BLACK tint all around...

any case, my options for altis is dark grey meca or beige...which do you think would look good provided il be getting super black tint...

@SPRINGFIELD_XD_40
    warranty is 3 years only. will lancer maintenance after 3 years be that much more than an altis? do you think after 5 years the reliability would be a major problem?
    looking at my track record my cars stay with me well over double that time period so i need to think bout that too.

if given the choice between just the two, it's the new Lancer... no contest.

I test drove the new Corolla and it's felt and looked like a face-lifted 2007 Altis.

And 18 inch standard wheels and Rockford sound system? this is already a nice addition.

And lisud i-maintain ang black color kay dali kaayu ma klaru ang scratches and dust and "lama".

Edit: Mark, I wish you'd consider the New Civic. I still love mine compared to the Lancer and Altis. Dili gihapon sila maka lupig sa bigger interior space and quality sa 2008 Civic. Plus, it looks futuristic on the inside. nyahaha.

thanks for the input adoboy...

im bias na gyud sa black color...any other color would be a distant 2nd choice and when i say distant i mean very distant, i dont even know what my 2nd choice of color would be...hehehe. mao na if i was to buy the altis im so undecided in getting either beige or dark grey (the other option available was silver and i know i dont like silver na altis)

regarding the civic, its not in my choices coz already have 2 honda's in the garage right now and after 5 years maintenance is a bi**h...after 10 years cost of maintenance on the toyota thats 2 years older was only at a fraction while still performing better than the honda.

so my concern is, will the Lancer be as bi**hy and costly maintenance wise after 5 years? after 10 years? as with the honda

yup the wheels and rockford are indeed fantastic inclusion to the package of the lance...

Quote Originally Posted by markyap View Post
    thanks for the input adoboy...

im bias na gyud sa black color...any other color would be a distant 2nd choice and when i say distant i mean very distant, i dont even know what my 2nd choice of color would be...hehehe. mao na if i was to buy the altis im so undecided in getting either beige or dark grey (the other option available was silver and i know i dont like silver na altis)

regarding the civic, its not in my choices coz already have 2 honda's in the garage right now and after 5 years maintenance is a bi**h...after 10 years cost of maintenance on the toyota thats 2 years older was only at a fraction while still performing better than the honda.

so my concern is, will the Lancer be as bi**hy and costly maintenance wise after 5 years? after 10 years? as with the honda

yup the wheels and rockford are indeed fantastic inclusion to the package of the lance...
    Time will tell once you have the car.... We are hoping to get feedback from the previous generation Lancer owners arun ma klaru. Naa koy 11 year old Honda City wala man ayu sakit except some oil changing, tires and that's pretty much it. Depende ra gyud ngali.

And yes, black color is definitely sweet. Your 2nd choice would probably be Pearl white nyahaha. 15K extra =P

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast