City officials to hit the gym
OFFICIALS of the Cebu City Government want to have an unlimited workout in one of the fitness and wellness centers in the city.
This will cost the City P360,000, or P18,000 each for the 20 officials of the city.During its session last week, the City Council passed the resolution filed by Councilor Jose Daluz III authorizing Mayor Michael Rama to enter into and sign a contract with the Cebu Holiday Gym and Spa for the annual membership of the 20 city officials amounting to P360,000.
The approval of the resolution came after Rama signed the notice of award to Cebu Holiday Gym and Spa for the unlimited workout of the 20 city officials.
Daluz’s resolution said the P360,000 will cover the period from May this year to May next year.
Those who will be availing themselves of the unlimited workout will be Rama, Vice Mayor Joy Augustus Young and the 18 city councilors.
Daluz said the annual membership at Cebu Holiday Gym and Spa is a health program for the city officials.
The councilor invoked the Latin quote “mens sana in corpore sano,” which means “a sound mind and a sound body.”
Based on the annual membership contract of the Cebu Holiday Gym and Spa, the 20 city officials will be offered a corporate package.
The package includes full use of the fitness center’s facilities, such as the fitness gym, boxing gym, swimming pool, jogging track, and wall climbing facility.
The city officials can also attend all group exercise classes of the facility.
They will also be given a personalized program design and free nutritional counseling.
Aside from that, the package will also include free body fat analysis and fitness testing, free use of sauna, and shower and locker facilities.
The city officials will also be given a discount on massages. They will pay P300 instead of P450. Also, a ten percent discount will be given to them on major services at Elements salon.
As for the terms of payment for the city official’s annual membership, at least 50 percent will be given upon signing of the contract. It will be a six-month membership.
The remaining 50 percent for the remaining six months would be paid on or before Dec. 1 this year.
Meanwhile, six city councilors will be going to California next month to promote Cebu City and enhance its sister-city relations with Salinas City.
Those who will be going to California are Councilors Daluz, Raul Alcoseba, Alvin Arcilla, Ronald Cuenco, Edgar Labella, Richard Osmeña and Augustus Pe Jr.
“It is our hope that we would be given the chance to travel outside the country as we share your fervor to advance our knowledge and broaden our perspective in the furtherance of our capability as public officials,” the councilors said in a letter to Rama.
Last week, the council already approved the resolution authorizing the six councilors to travel to California. The resolution will be forwarded to the mayor for final approval.
The cost of the travel of the six councilors, the amount of which was not stated in the resolution, will be charged against the estimated P800,000 budget for foreign traveling expenses of the Sangguniang Panlungsod.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on October 17, 2011.



Reply With Quote