Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: PROGRESSIVE

Default PROGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by EZRA
    Try the new Live DVD they released late last year.... RUSH IN RIO
    it's a double CD.. 3 hrs of coverage. I was at their New Jersey show July 2002 .. best show I've ever been to..
    Whoah! I'll look forward to this. Thanks for the info!

Default PROGRESSIVE

EZ.......yes, when i call someone an a-hole, it's only a joke. I use the word stupid when i don't like someone,hehehehe. Sakto gyud ka sa discription to Neil's kit, it's like a rice terraces. I don't know what's up with Portnoy with his kit; he said "it's basically two drumkits in one". Have you seen him using the siamese monster?? Malibog gyud ko unsa.on niya. So, often have to transfer seats when playing?? confusing right. Have you heard bozzio's Quintessence, i love it. Terry is indeed a one man band, i love listening to his cymbals..................

Default PROGRESSIVE

can anyone find here in cebu a voice like of what ur talking a progressive thing?
    could anyone here in our town heard or played thus music?
    who r this pipol? and where r dey now?
    can we call it.......frybynight bands?
    or lets just say.......polos walay ayo..may lang sa hambog......
    THE ONLY LIVING iSTORYA...

Default PROGRESSIVE

Fingolfin.. murag lingaw sab tingali mo linkod sa kit ni Portnoy pero dugay-dugay pa tingali para ma anad sa iyang setup. Kang Bozzio kay bisag daghan kaayo, conventional man gihapon kay high-low man ang gihapon ang tuning. Di lang ko ganahan sa tingog sa iyang cymbals. I saw him up close doing a clinic sa guitar center duol sa amo katung naa pa kos Jersey. It took the tech almost an hour to setup his kit.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Default PROGRESSIVE

bitaw...naa bay banda diri cebu nag sepra aniheheh la lang just wanna see and hear em!

Default PROGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by EZRA
    Fingolfin.. murag lingaw sab tingali mo linkod sa kit ni Portnoy pero dugay-dugay pa tingali para ma anad sa iyang setup. Kang Bozzio kay bisag daghan kaayo, conventional man gihapon kay high-low man ang gihapon ang tuning. Di lang ko ganahan sa tingog sa iyang cymbals. I saw him up close doing a clinic sa guitar center duol sa amo katung naa pa kos Jersey. It took the tech almost an hour to setup his kit.
    ah hour??!!! ssheeessh!! Is he really that good; a drum-god?? I only saw him play in Vai's Down Deep Into the Pain Video.....even my imagination (which is very wild) can't conceive how he plays his kit. You also said that on one of his video he tuned his kit like a piano and played it a piano musical piece with it............since your that close to him did you get a chance to see his hidden six arms and legs, hehehehe..........

Default PROGRESSIVE

He's got like 8 pedals I think... it was really impressive and he's really really good. Most of the chops he showed was all about how independent his limbs are from each other... polyrhythms and all that good stuff.
    You should check out his duet video with Chad Wackerman.. I was actually impressed more wtih Chad than I was with Terry.. another video to check is Marco Minneman's new video... I don't have it yet but it's on my must-have list.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

Default PROGRESSIVE

hmmmmmm

Default PROGRESSIVE

"What is Progressive Rock and Progressive music in general?"

Obviously, the term "progressiveness" does not have to do in reality with once well-known, still-born projects like "Rock for Peace" and so on. The aspect of progressiveness in music does not deal with politics in any way. Music, this harmonies of sounds, that somehow makes our souls tremble, is the most remote art from all earthy grades and projections. It's a completely separate world, where gradations and comparisons make sense only inside of it.

In this sense "progressiveness" applies to music directly: progress as opposed to stagnation, it's a movement forward development, the capacity to think, the absence of repetitiveness. Departing from the last notion, the least inclined to repetitiveness is Classical music, including the modern forms, whereas the other extreme represents the most primitive forms of Pop music. Taken generally, Rock music is situated in the middle, and not only conditionally. The fact that modern Rock includes modern Classics is questioned only by few, fortunately, as well as the fact that most such works refer to Progressive or Protoprogressive Rock.

The yearning for growth, for the elaboration of own forms - these phenomena of evolution and progress of the life on Earth hame the same bearing on the music structures. The more different flowers there are in a given garden, the more beautyful it is for any visitor, the longer one can enjoy always new buildings, smells and shades of color. Progressive Rock is distinguished from other works by a great member of the musical smells and shades, that are expressed by the richness, depth and variety of arrangements. Of course, the authentic musical findings in terms of Rock music have been occuring particurlarly on the edge of Progressive Rock. And findings and progress are indivisible terms.

http://www.progressor.net/articles/whatisprog.html#q1

Default PROGRESSIVE

Neil Peart and Sabian has officially released PARAGON... Neil's signature series under SABIAN Cymbals.
    Check www.sabian.com

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast