Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by moyti View Post
    some of my latest builds, braille size AH-1 Super Cobra (work in process). I still have to retouch the weathering and some fit issues. Plus the ordinance, have to load pa sad.

*got some silvering and adhering issues on my decals. still have to find a Mr. Mark Softer or Microsol (or Solvaset) to answer this concern
    Did you spray a clear gloss coat first before applying the decals? That usually minimizes the silvering because the decals have a smoother surface to stick to. A wash also goes on better with a clear gloss coat, so do both the decals and the wash while the glossy coat is still on. Just apply a flat coat afterwards.

Yeah, Mark Softer would help. I use it myself and like the results.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p1kaB00 View Post
    BISMARCK warship ko karon sir. starting to build-up i want it perfect!
    Haha. Coincidentally, I'm about to start work on a Fairey Swordfish, planning to paint it in the colors of the very plane that torpedoed Bismarck.
    Last edited by Tarmac; 01-30-2010 at 06:19 AM.

@Tarmac: yes sir but i used Wipe-n-Shine (poor man's "Future," hehehe). Maybe I messed it up somehow or got too impatient. I sprayed over the flat coat afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    Haha. Coincidentally, I'm about to start work on a Fairey Swordfish, planning to paint it in the colors of the very plane that torpedoed Bismarck.

ayaw sa ko i torpedo sir kay wala pa ma porma! hahahaha

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p1kaB00 View Post
    ayaw sa ko i torpedo sir kay wala pa ma porma! hahahaha
    cge lang bosing, layo pa kaayo ni akong Swordfish.

Elite Member
    @Tarmac: yes sir but i used Wipe-n-Shine (poor man's "Future," hehehe). Maybe I messed it up somehow or got too impatient. I sprayed over the flat coat afterwards.
    Wipe-n-Shine may not be as glossy as Future. Never tried it though, just heard from other modelers.

I've read that Solvaset and Mark Softer are like thinned versions of vinegar. I wouldn't take their word for it, but you could probably try if you really can't find any of the two decal solutions. Just be sure to get the purest vinegar you can find, thin it down with a bit of isopropyl alcohol first and experiment on an old throw-away model. Be sure a coat of Future or some clear coat has been applied prior to decal installation. Otherwise the isopropyl alcohol might mess up your color coats (assuming you used acrylic).

I did touch Mark Softer to my tongue. No, it didn't taste like vinegar. Another decal setting solution, Microscale Micro-set, is said to have a vinegary smell to it though.

On the other hand, pure vinegar alone may not be enough. I'm sure there is some sort of solvent in the formula.

If you'd like a bit of Future floor polish, I can share some of mine with you if you need any.
    Last edited by Tarmac; 02-01-2010 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    Wipe-n-Shine may not be as glossy as Future. Never tried it though, just heard from other modelers.

I've read that Solvaset and Mark Softer are like thinned versions of vinegar. I wouldn't take their word for it, but you could probably try if you really can't find any of the two decal solutions. Just be sure to get the purest vinegar you can find, thin it down with a bit of isopropyl alcohol first and experiment on an old throw-away model. Be sure a coat of Future or some clear coat has been applied prior to decal installation. Otherwise the isopropyl alcohol might mess up your color coats (assuming you used acrylic).

I did touch Mark Softer to my tongue. No, it didn't taste like vinegar. Another decal setting solution, Microscale Micro-set, is said to have a vinegary smell to it though.

On the other hand, pure vinegar alone may not be enough. I'm sure there is some sort of solvent in the formula.

If you'd like a bit of Future floor polish, I can share some of mine with you if you need any.
    thank you sir. ive been looking for Future here in Cebu and opted for Wipe-N-Shine as some IPMS-BA mates said that it works the same as Future. I'm not sure though. I haven't tried Future ever since.

As for the decal setting solution, Bong (Tamiya Ayala) mentioned that Vinegar alternative to me way back. I didn't tried it yet. Now it will be worth experimenting. He also mentioned about water where you dip the decals to mix it with elmers' glue. I still don't know...

About the Future, if you have extra sir then maybe I can procure from you.

I've been to Manila last week mainly in Makati one hobby shop there tamiya compressor set lesser than one sale her in Cebu. Sadly it's out of stock!

sayang. maybe you can opt for 2nd hand slightly used units here bro.

sayang. maybe you can opt for 2nd hand slightly used units here bro.
    yah somebody offered me a 2nd hand compressor w/ badger dual action im not sure the compressor i thinks its very old need repair. hehehehe

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast