Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    C.I.A.
    Blog Entries

With his Jesus is Lord Church, Is it wrongful for Eddie Villanueva to run for the Philippine presidency?........

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFox View Post
    What am I?
    You, my friend, possess the mind of Galileo.

Like Galileo, you do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFox View Post
    Not doing anything to prevent is the same as allowing. Mura gud kamung Cebuano, klaro kaayung korakot inyu officials, la pud muy gihimo, so you allowed them to abuse your province. To summarize is, if its in your jurisdiction and you allow evil things to be done, your also responsible for the deed.

And to further say it, your logic is all screwed since I never implied in the first place that the priests were the ones, I clearly said it was the POPE who was aware of the situation.

.. wait, clearly this is off topic. But you're ignorant on how the cebuanos are aware and alert on the corruption of it's official, have you been to the politics section lately ? you can see that we the cebuanos are doing something about the garcias and their corruption..

.. by the way, since you discriminated us cebuanos, from what province do you come from

.. back on topic, the church is very much corrupt. I dont know why some religious people don't see it or they see it but they just turn the other cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    It is already written, sometimes justice needs patience as well.
    justice delayed is justice denied, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    justice delayed is justice denied, sir.
    there's one hell of a difference between delayed and denied..

Quote Originally Posted by treize View Post
    It seems more and more difficult to find people who want to attend church with any regularity. A growing number of people want to come when they feel like it, and their commitment to serving the Lord is in most cases, lacking.
    There are those who view that's its better to serve their neighbors than went to church every single day as per schedule. They could not find anymore sense in sitting for 'bout an hour repeating all those church prayers. They find it exasperating to witness these same folks that go to mass every Friday or Sunday that seems to leave God cold in the church seats, instead of bringing God to their homes.

They simply could not find the connection with the church that used to be there say 20 years ago...I for one will admit that whenever I sat there at the church, I have this funny feeling, wondering whether the priest really believe what he's doing or saying as I stared at him...and those good church going folks I wonder whether they 'really' know what they are believing...since must of them, probably all of them get on this faith in a manner that we usually reads on at the back of an instant coffee mix: "Just add hot water and ready to serve."

Quote Originally Posted by treize View Post
    There has also been a wave of people who say their spiritual needs are being met virtually through the Internet in the form of chat rooms, etc. A lot of these folks have been hurt by the church and they prefer to not have to deal with people face-to-face, as in a traditional church setting...
    I think the church cannot accommodate that anymore (ratio between priest and its parish members)...frankly there's some elitist attitude that exists in the church here in the Philippines. Just observe who are those folks whom the priest usually approach just before the mass starts.

Of course the poor is always part of their slogans and I don't say they did nothing for them but that personal touch with every member of the church is somewhat reserves only for the few who are high in the society...its the sad fact.

Would anyone dare to approach them with some personal questions (the usual stuff we find in the chat rooms) and spare a minute or an hour of their time with some of us? Most probably they will just reminds us of the use of Google and how to take advantage of the net and tells you they have something important at hand to attend to. Unless you are the one who have just recently donated a large amount of $$$ in the last fund raising campaign for the poor folks in some area razed by fire...

Some of them despite being our spiritual guides simply seize to connect with those whom they aught to attend to...instead the relationship turns like between a client and business representative and some of them simply stands there at the front simply to perform the ceremony and personally removed from it.

Still its a poor excuse to start burning bridges. Well let starts throwing away all those diplomas, medals, ribbons and curse our school every time some teachers or professors did something scandalous while serving in our Alma Mater...nobody had done that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by koykoy View Post
    You, my friend, possess the mind of Galileo.

Like Galileo, you do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
    to mr deathfox.. i disagree with what this guy said about you.. you are like galileo.. you used the god-given gift of intellect,reason, and free will to gain more understanding of the universe.. for that i salute you..

never ever let anyone impose their own understanding (religion,belief,superstition) of the divine on you... it is your right to find and understand the infinite intelligence....

whatever understanding you will find with It/Him/Her/Them/ etc..... i hope you will find peace with it..

i salute you....

the thing i hate about organized religion is i consider it an insult to mans intellect, reason, and freewill...

its like it is saying...

"u are not smart enough or good enough to think for yourself. We will do your thinking for you"

and

"if you dont follow what we say, you will be condemend to an eternity of fire and brimstone"

it may not directly rob us of our physical freedom like a jail cell, but it is robbing us of our intellectual freedom... all organized religion does not promote its followers to question the religion's teachings... in the past, even until know.. many people died and killed in the name of religion.. examples would be the inquisition, the suicide bombers, honor killings..

a religion imposes us restrictions on what we should eat, wear, play with,read, etc.. and it doesnt want us to question such restrictions... it doesnt want us to question why eating bacon is unclean...

intellectual slavery is a fate worse than physical slavery.. intellectual slavery is more subtle... you may not know it, but you may already be a slave to your doctrine... it discourages you from questioning things beyond its limits.. in simple words... its a subtle way of brainwashing...

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Then how are we educated by scientific point of view, do we learn science by ourselves, can we construe being brainwashed by science by learning through the facts gathered by scientific personalities. I think it's not a process of mind setting but merely learning, the same as in religion.

Quote Originally Posted by AmorsoloX View Post

its like it is saying...

"u are not smart enough or good enough to think for yourself. We will do your thinking for you"

a religion imposes us restrictions on what we should eat, wear, play with,read, etc.. and it doesnt want us to question such restrictions... it doesnt want us to question why eating bacon is unclean...

intellectual slavery is a fate worse than physical slavery.. intellectual slavery is more subtle... you may not know it, but you may already be a slave to your doctrine... it discourages you from questioning things beyond its limits.. in simple words... its a subtle way of brainwashing...

.. i totally agree with this. Religion has tons of restrictions but if you ask the reason they will just say, it's the will of God.

.. and in terms of brainwashing, it is very rampant amongst the extreme religious groups, such as those in surigao, who was that guy again, kindly help me remember. He brainwashed those pitiful ignorant people who lived in the island, claiming that he is a descendant of god, blah blah blah, and the people believed him and he manipulated and abused those people.

11.    Advertisement

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast