Page 4 of 390 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default re: San Antonio Spurs

basig 4-1 nani ugma.

The Jazz haven't won in San Antonio since 1999. The odds are definitely against them.

haha

daghan diay spurs fans dinhi? i still hate spurs for beating the suns... unfair play kaayo... dirty player kay bowen gyud...

Quote Originally Posted by alanjkae
    daghan diay spurs fans dinhi? i still hate spurs for beating the suns... unfair play kaayo... dirty player kay bowen gyud...
    ...and I thought US fans lang ang whiners...

Quote Originally Posted by tackielarla
    Actually, it's not surprising at all coz at the time, untested ang mga foreign players. There are some but not a lot. I do not equate to luck the way the scouts in SA have done their job. They did their job extremely well and walked away winners with their choices. :mrgreen:

Anyway, tonight's Game 5. I can't wait for the game to start!
    luck played a lot for the spurs, especially for manu. though the scouts did their job, the spurs got manu at 57th. any team could've got him somewhere from the 1st to the 56th pick

Quote Originally Posted by makoyvelasco
    luck played a lot for the spurs, especially for manu. though the scouts did their job, the spurs got manu at 57th. any team could've got him somewhere from the 1st to the 56th pick
    Well, you're right (about the scouts thing, though... ehehehe). Problem is, the scouts of the other teams didn't want/gamble with international players (at the time). The spurs just did their homework better unlike the any other team who coud've snatched Manu from 1-56th spots. I just don't see luck around in this scenario, only good judgement. But that's me.

Well what I would consider as luck is the case for Bowen. Kana undrafted jud and they got a perennial all-defensive team player. :mrgreen:

Well what I would consider as luck is the case for Bowen. Kana undrafted jud and they got a perennial all-defensive team player. :mrgreen:
    i consider this one as the result of good scouting. prior to his spurs' career, bowen played for miami, boston, philadelphia and returned to miami before finally finding a home in san antonio. though he's undrafted, he's already shown his worth, especially in his second stint with miami. the spurs just got one hell of a deal of signing bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by makoyvelasco
    i consider this one as the result of good scouting. prior to his spurs' career, bowen played for miami, boston, philadelphia and returned to miami before finally finding a home in san antonio. though he's undrafted, he's already shown his worth, especially in his second stint with miami. the spurs just got one hell of a deal of signing bowen.
    Ahhh ok. So Ginobili playing for the Argentine team (a star player, as you said), proven his worth already in the international scene, is pure luck pagka kuha sa Spurs, pero kung si Bowen na proven sab sa US is good scouting?

OT: Bitaw bai oi nalingaw rasab baya kog post about ini. Saon taman mingaw naman karon orasa gud wa nay tarong (usually) ang mang-post.

For your time answering, I'll give you +1 karma. And pray na Spurs will wrap it up na tonight, as well as Cleveland ang mu-advance sa East.

Ahhh ok. So Ginobili playing for the Argentine team (a star player, as you said), proven his worth already in the international scene, is pure luck pagka kuha sa Spurs, pero kung si Bowen na proven sab sa US is good scouting?

OT: Bitaw bai oi nalingaw rasab baya kog post about ini. Saon taman mingaw naman karon orasa gud wa nay tarong (usually) ang mang-post.

For your time answering, I'll give you +1 karma. And pray na Spurs will wrap it up na tonight, as well as Cleveland ang mu-advance sa East.
    thanks for that one bro.

why i consider manu as luck for the spurs: ginobili is just a draft away from being undrafted (58 drafts). though international players are still unnoticed during that time and the spurs scouts did a great job on ginobili, any team might have taken him. he might have ended way above 57. there are a lot of draft busts in 1999, trajan langdon (11), frederic weis (15), and jonathan bender (5) (due to injuries) to name a few. at 57, the spurs are indeed lucky they're left with a potential star. :mrgreen:

home game against the jazz? spurs will probably end it up tonight. :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 390 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast