Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    This thread is an experiment to test if this topic can be discussed and kept civil. You knows the Mods are looking so present you case and your supporting fact. Give the members your testament, and you reasoning for choosing to be an Atheist. What do you feel are the benefits. There are members who want to know. I will not twist your words or push an agenda. This thread is for education. It was established to be both Respectful & Fair and Balanced. I would like you to contribute.

You claim you are studying to be a scientist then try to act like a scientist.
    the supernatural god does not exist. no matter how religionists/churches tries to redefine it, it simply does not exist. God is dead, Nietzsche said.. that is the cultural God that is dead.. the God who is supposed to be fickle and have very human attributes..

I'm an atheist in that sense.. but I'm also monotheistic.. not in the sense that I believe in this supernatural god, but because I have a different idea of god, and its very "mono"-theistic.. no hocus-pocus, no dogmas, no doctrines.. but I remain a naturalist/scientist/rationalist with respect to everything in nature and/or universe..

Quote Originally Posted by bluedes View Post
    thinks they have the right to alter or rearrange another member's words? duhhh...

why is that insulting? just because you're given a mirror and you don't like what you see? You people are childish, and playing such childish games.. in what way will that corrupt the thread?

you see, your problem is you're dealing with dualities.. for every duality, the extreme can and will always be shown as good as the other extreme without fail.. that is the nature of duality.. the one cannot exist without the other.. so you can never show that yours is better than the other because you depend on the other for your own existence..

that's what I'm doing here, I'm merely showing you that for every extreme you point out, I can simply rephrase your statements in the other extreme and it would be as good as your end of the extreme.. but obviously, you can't see that, because you're just too blinded by your own one-sided belief.. *sigh*

you are insulted because your high horse of one extreme has been put down by the high horse of the other extreme.. that's the dualist nature.. if you can't accept that, you're being a hypocrite..
    Then explain the intention and reasoning for altering a members post. To do so without presenting any facts, evidence, or supporting statements appears only to be a taunt meant to incite or flame the member or members. If he was to do the same to your posting, I would have made the same comments to him.

Then there would have been something for members to understand and debate over the reasoning that you were presenting. This is so members can understand you and themselves better.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmusslewhite View Post
    Then explain the intention and reasoning for altering a members post. To do so without presenting any facts, evidence, or supporting statements appears only to be a taunt meant to incite or flame the member or members. If he was to do the same to your posting, I would have made the same comments to him.

Then there would have been something for members to understand and debate over the reasoning that you were presenting. This is so members can understand you and themselves better.
    what further facts do you need? I already posted it in the alternative translation..
    that's funny, you don't require any further facts/evidence from the original post, but you require one from the alternative? how fair is that?

wow, to doubt is a sin.. what kind of ideology is that.. the moment you doubt, you already sin? talk about mind control..

and yet another alternative translation..

wow, to doubt is a sin.. what kind of ideology is that.. the moment you doubt, you already sin? talk about mind control..
    --- ask hell not me, i also disagree, barking the wrong tree? hmmmm

SATANIST accept the fact that they are RELIGIONIST too, because they also acknowledge that
    God is real, just like religionists.

--- ooops! you said it, NOT THE SATANIST:

Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

basa blue, dba athiesm concept mana naka highlight? lols! Satanist diay jud ni mga athiest? wahahaha! ako naay proof ikaw wala blue... so what now? blue i hope post ka sa imo ingon na "mo 2o og ginoo mga satanist..." FAKE NA CLA BLUE... lols
    Last edited by kebotDiNaMute; 12-22-2009 at 04:05 PM.

the supernatural god does not exist. no matter how religionists/churches tries to redefine it, it simply does not exist. God is dead, Nietzsche said.. that is the cultural God that is dead.. the God who is supposed to be fickle and have very human attributes..

I'm an atheist in that sense.. but I'm also monotheistic.. not in the sense that I believe in this supernatural god, but because I have a different idea of god, and its very "mono"-theistic.. no hocus-pocus, no dogmas, no doctrines.. but I remain a naturalist/scientist/rationalist with respect to everything in nature and/or universe..
    ang satanism blue the same quality... lols! unsa diay ni athiesm, brandname sa satanism? or vice versa....

kung sa tambal pa blue there are 2 scenario:

1. athiesm is generic... satanism is the brandname... lowballers diay ni blue kay mantiner raman generic man... amf!
    2. Satanism is generic athiesm is the brandname... same story blue, marketing ray deperensya... lols! branding blue ba!
    Last edited by kebotDiNaMute; 12-22-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kebotDiNaMute View Post
    --- ask hell not me, i also disagree, barking the wrong tree? hmmmm

SATANIST accept the fact that they are RELIGIONIST too, because they also acknowledge that
    God is real, just like religionists.

--- ooops! you said it, NOT THE SATANIST:

Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. Thus any concept of sacrifice is rejected as a Christian aberration—in Satanism there’s no deity to which one can sacrifice.
    LaVeyan Satanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

basa blue, dba athiesm concept mana naka highlight? lols! Satanist diay jud ni mga athiest? wahahaha! ako naay proof ikaw wala blue... so what now? blue i hope post ka sa imo ingon na "mo 2o og ginoo mga satanist..." FAKE NA CLA BLUE... lols
    huh? LaVeyan Satanism man na imong definition oi..

pagchur dha kebz.. nara oh..

Satanism comprises a number of related beliefs and social phenomena. They share the feature of symbolism, veneration or admiration of Satan (or similar figures). Satan first appeared in the Hebrew Bible and was an Angel who challenged the religious faith of humans. In the Book of Job he is called "the Satan" (meaning "the accuser") and acted as the prosecutor in God's court. A character named "Satan" was described as the cosmic enemy of the Lord and temptor of Jesus within many of the Gospels of early Christians.

source: Satanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

satanists also acknowledge God and Jesus Christ even..

This is very exhausting. I hope people here would understand that not all posters want to start a "going around in circles" argument. Others like me want to read and be informed. The question of TS is pretty simple and understandable. Even an elementary student would be able to understand what it means. I just don't know why it's hard for some people here to stick to the rules. Flame baiters, you know who you are. If you can't keep a decent discussion, I would definitely agree with the TS. Look for another place where you can rant without objectivity and justification.

Quote Originally Posted by honey89 View Post
    This is very exhausting. I hope people here would understand that not all posters want to start a "going around in circles" argument. Others like me want to read and be informed. The question of TS is pretty simple and understandable. Even an elementary student would be able to understand what it means. I just don't know why it's hard for some people here to stick to the rules. Flame baiters, you know who you are. If you can't keep a decent discussion, I would definitely agree with the TS. Look for another place where you can rant without objectivity and justification.
    you can never have a discussion that will not go around in circles unless you acknowledge a phenomena in its own right.. the moment somebody takes sides, it will always be going around in circles..

okay, so now its two negative posts..

for every extreme here, its quite simple to show the opposite extreme.. it's just a mirror of duality.. that's the beauty of it.. i don't have to have any "selfish agenda" or "demented amusement" or whatever.. I merely bring a mirror, and reflect it back.. its that easy..
    That I can fully understand, and if you choose to do it again, which is well within your right as a members on this forum, please make such a short statement so the member and other members understand your reasoning. It is the difference between it being taken as an acceptable lesson or being an insult. I really do want this to be a place where Atheist, non believers, and those of all religions and beliefs can compare, examine, and discuss the fundamental differences between their beliefs. Without anger, bitterness, resentments, or ridicule. Imagine being able to explore the minds of those of so many beliefs engaged in a free exchange of ideas and concepts.

Can it be done? I hope so, or it shows the world is screwed. This is a unique forum it has a diversity beliefs that will actually allow this type of discussion to take place. This is a unique opportunity to try. I would like to see a large handful of atheist and diverse believers, sit down and talk about themselves about what makes them tick. What and why they believe their beliefs, without the arguing and end fighting. It could be an amazing thing to see members engaged through positive exchange and not pettiness. The arguments get old and only result in hard feelings, closed threads, and banned topics. Nobody wins or learns, in fact it is everyone's loss. I simply saw religious start religious threads- closed; Atheist start Atheist threads - closed; and Atheist start Religious threads- closed. So being a former Atheist I thought maybe, just maybe, an ex-Atheist/ now Religious Fanatic could start an Atheist thread that could engage and be accepted by everyone. I have been on both sides of this issue and understand both camps. This is why I started this thread, and I hope it works because I think the Mods were sending a message when they closed over 20 threads in two day, all which were on this subject.
    Last edited by jamesmusslewhite; 12-22-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kebotDiNaMute View Post
    ang satanism blue the same quality... lols! unsa diay ni athiesm, brandname sa satanism? or vice versa....

kung sa tambal pa blue there are 2 scenario:

1. athiesm is generic... satanism is the brandname... lowballers diay ni blue kay mantiner raman generic man... amf!
    2. Satanism is generic athiesm is the brandname... same story blue, marketing ray deperensya... lols! branding blue ba!
    sus, taka na pud ug yaw2x.. saonz..

ang satanism kebz the same quality sa religionists... lols! unsa diay ni religionists, brandname sa satanism? or vice versa....

kung sa tambal pa kebz there are 2 scenario:

1. religionists is generic... satanism is the brandname... lowballers diay ni kebz kay mantiner raman generic man... amf!
    2. Satanism is generic religionist is the brandname... same story kebz, marketing ray deperensya... lols! branding kebz ba!

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast