Page 4 of 313 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Teal View Post
    it was not a merger, it was a trickling buyout (hinay2x for short)
    stream expanded so fast within 2 years that they already considered options to cut down unnecessary expenses ($72M in 2007 to $500M in 2009 to projected $1B in 2010). when you buy a company that is almost as big as you, your reserves dwindle significantly. so they decided to trim things that can be trimmed. Except for the change in compensation structure from fixed monthly to hourly, i agree that most changes were still within the contents of the labor code.

legacy etel employees were "spoiled brats". we were pampered. what do you expect? top management from VP and up have roots centered on customer service (Benedict was started as a TL for Smart customer care). they were bred to please the customers, and these customers are those on the front line. unfortunately, stream is different. Scott Murray is a hard-line businessman and so are most of the executives. and when they talk, its numbers that matters; money down to the very cent. we are just not used to being businessmen that we feel that it is unfair. they are doing what they have to do to grow their business. unless us where we loss thousands, when stream fails,

i think the biggest problem now with stream is the communication. with the integration, people expect clear and concise information so that we will know what our future holds in this company. take the bi-weekly pay for example. before the cascades were done, it was reviewed and approved by HR and payroll that it will never be a no-work-no-pay. guess what, when pay date came, IT WAS! you are misleading the very people that are the very source of your income!

how do they expect people to cooperate and bear with the transition when they are misinformed!
    and please remove the I2 site director! such a smart-ass! so quick to own praises and recognition but quickest to blame and point fingers to subordinates when issues arise
    Bullsh*t! eTel employees were spoiled brats because they were pampered? use your common sense d*mmy!. I suppose you were pampered by your parents, are you spoiled brat?

Steam should pay eTel employees because it's a buyout not a merger. It's a breach of contract because eTel employees didn't sign a contract regarding the new salary system, etc.etc.

If eTel employees were spoiled brats. Why you can still see them working in that "pangilad" mismanagement of that new company?

bottom line is...... ang trabahante tawon ang kawawa.

kung dili na maka agwanta sa company ... resign

dep_blue4
    dep_blue4

dep_blue4
    dep_blue, i am one of the etel pioneers in cebu and i think i know there was previously a very big gap between how etel provides for its people than its competitors before. so before you let your tongue out, think hard; you need it coz you got no brains!

when night diff will be reduced to 10-15%, we complain coz we think its not fair; we had a culture of 30% instilled in our minds. we were "pampered" with the 30% night diff while the rest of the industry implements only 10-15%. law dictates that it should be no less than 10% so the move is still legal as any increase or decrease in night diff is the prerogative of the company as long as it does not fall below 10%.

When is a company required to pay employees of other companies it acquired?
    contract for the new salary system? i dont think there is a rule that they cant unless there is a new contract as long as there is no diminution of wage.

yes the new company sucks, big time. they suck coz they no longer give value to employees and rather stick to what is legal.

dep_blue, before you comment on anything, READ AND UNDERSTAND!

gikapoy is absolutely right! if you dont feel like there is a future for you in your company, then resign!

walay makapugong nimo kung mo resign ka...

btw, i will be ex-stream, ex-etel in 1 month time due to this crap. im not siding on anyone, just pointing what reality is.

Quote Originally Posted by gikapoy View Post
    most employer dont care as long as u have good record and ur qualified... dawaton ka
    basta wala pud sila non compete agreement
    mao! haha. naa gani ako teammate na mang releasay ug call.... kapila na sakpan sa TL pero wa man jud mo patuo.... terminate diretcho oi!

pagka sunod semana nag sugod na training sa CVG

dep_blue4
    dep_blue4

dep_blue4
    dep_blue, i am one of the etel pioneers in cebu and i think i know there was previously a very big gap between how etel provides for its people than its competitors before. so before you let your tongue out, think hard; you need it coz you got no brains!

when night diff will be reduced to 10-15%, we complain coz we think its not fair; we had a culture of 30% instilled in our minds. we were "pampered" with the 30% night diff while the rest of the industry implements only 10-15%. law dictates that it should be no less than 10% so the move is still legal as any increase or decrease in night diff is the prerogative of the company as long as it does not fall below 10%.

When is a company required to pay employees of other companies it acquired?
    contract for the new salary system? i dont think there is a rule that they cant unless there is a new contract as long as there is no diminution of wage.

yes the new company sucks, big time. they suck coz they no longer give value to employees and rather stick to what is legal.

dep_blue, before you comment on anything, READ AND UNDERSTAND!
    and you thought you got brains, right?

Keep on talking about not lowering salary as your front act.
    But its as clear as noon if your gonna reduce the night diff to 15% and no Perfromance bonus it would hurt our income big time.
    So your saying only stream is a businessmen. Because they are the only one who knows how to compute the salary?
    How bout reducing the night diff from 30% to 15%. Are we so stupid that we dont know how much the difference on these?

Its not being spoiled its being payed what you work for. Since their standards are extremely high you should get what you worked for. And thats what they are paying us for at etel. Other call centers are not as high when it comes to standards. Why is it that other call centers can pay employees even more now?

If you want spoiled check the minimum wage for an average american worker. Compare it to stream.

stream Go back to india and africa and to get even a cheaper labor.

This is plain BS and lies in front of our faces.

With stream They are not businessmen they are low ballers. etel was the real businessman. Bargaining what is fair to its employees.

duh! why should we compare ourselves to minimum wage of americans? even a dumb ass like dep_blue4 might know why BPOs exist -> to reduce cost as 80% of operating expenses is attributed to workforce compensation. so why would you outsource when you could be paying more as BPOs also factor in their employees' compensation when presenting their pricing to potential clients?

FYI kenshiro, night differential rate of 30% and performance bonus is a privelege. and like all previleges, it can be taken away (except for night differentials where it is required and should not be below 10%)

duh! why should we compare ourselves to minimum wage of americans? even a dumb ass like dep_blue4 might know why BPOs exist -> to reduce cost as 80% of operating expenses is attributed to workforce compensation. so why would you outsource when you could be paying more as BPOs also factor in their employees' compensation when presenting their pricing to potential clients?

FYI kenshiro, night differential rate of 30% and performance bonus is a privelege. and like all previleges, it can be taken away (except for night differentials where it is required and should not be below 10%)
    so what do you want now?. i'm here in the pantry i1 6th floor. asa man ka b*anga ka!

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 313 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast