Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Parents' Discussion Room

intawn sad ka omad...nakahilak man tawn ko sa imo story oi. sige lang bro....mag-ipon ka dyan ng malaki tapos uwi ka dito at magnegosyo.

for the parents in this thread:

i salute you guys for being YOU and for taking good care of your kids eventhough sometimes, it's hard to weigh things out when you guys are caught in a dilemma that you have to decide which is better for the kids and which is not.. i admit, i had my share of ups and downs with my parents..

@omad: i pm'd you my story bro.. i prefer not to share my personal story especially in a public forum.. but ill share it with omad coz i feel his sympathies being a dad and me being a child away from my dad..

pardon me..

intawn sad ka omad...nakahilak man tawn ko sa imo story oi. sige lang bro....mag-ipon ka dyan ng malaki tapos uwi ka dito at magnegosyo.
    I already established a business in Cebu, albeit small, but it's ok. I still am contemplating in giving my son a good education (better tool for him to be equipped in the nuances of life), making his life a little better than mine and just a better future all throughout. but at the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "if I want all those stuff realized then this is the right place for me to achieve all those aforementioned". I think with a little guidance from above, I'll be able to get a much clearer perspective, a much better outlook.. but for now, I'll just live with the pain of us living apart.

Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

@jug:  pssttt pm mo rin sa akin hehehehehe :P

@omad
    i remember before ba, omad...in my school there were many kids with dads who were abroad.  wa ko school here but in manila...and i was really thankful (kahit sige kami now bug-no ni papa hehehehe) that he didnt have to go abroad.  living in manila was not easy...nor was it cheap.  sending us to a good school also kinda put a real kink in the budget...but we made do... di naman isang kahig isang tuka...pero di rin over sa expenses

....we wore fabulous fakes we used to get in divisoria and no one knew kc nga naman nasa nagdadala yan...(actually i grew up going there every saturday for my own buy-and-sell biz when i was in high school)

....i worked for my spending expenses...negosyo ako avon nung elementary ako...tapos buy-and-sell nung high school (kasi nga naman...nung time na 30p ang baon ko for the day....ang anak ni sen roco na classmate ko 100p. kapag week-end...bigyan ako panggimik na 100p...tapos ang barkada ko 500p na ang baon...and this was --oh dear buking age ko--- EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO)

....we almost always ate at home kay mahal kaau to eat out (but when we ate out...dun din naman kami sa mga medyo mamahalin na restos...sometimes sa hotel...para di kami ignorante ingon ni papa)

....we had one-dish meals (dala na meat and gulay) para di kalas sa food

....we had our maids take vacations (2 months kapag summer) para tipid...tsaka...para din mag-learn kami household chores.  very very good now that we dont have a maid...di gyud kami helpless tawn.

waz mah point?  maybe the good future is not just there....COZ I TURNED OUT OK....my sis turned out OK....yun lang naman talga...what is a good future?  providing all the material pero kapag nawalan eh kakapa-kapa at natataranta?  i work hard now for my son...i wish things were different for him na we had a conventional family....but i cant do anything about that.  will i give him material things? you are darned right i will.....but not all...even if in the future i can afford all....and those i give....i will give as incentives. 

ay i am just typing away here, my friend.  i do not mean to offend...i just want to point out to you something from the reverse situation of what you are in.  wala pa ako tulog since 2am....peace to all.

Plan to bring your family with you.. if it takes 2 years to wait or more then at least there is something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by d`monyita
    Ako I just wanna say that I am very happy my son likes eating gulay. START THEM YOUNG!
    How old is your kid? my son is 1.6yrs old and I tried to feed him what's on the table as what our doctor recommended but then one time he likes rice etc and threw up in the middle of the night I brought him to hte hospital for check up and they told me he is fine.. now I'm a little bit confused so all food that goes to him must be easy to swallow and most of the time mag lugaw na lang siya.. ma suya kos ubang mga bata kay tambok kaayo siya kay niwang nya ma luoy ko basta way gana ko kaon kay dali ra siya ma luya.

waz mah point? maybe the good future is not just there....COZ I TURNED OUT OK....my sis turned out OK....yun lang naman talga...what is a good future? providing all the material pero kapag nawalan eh kakapa-kapa at natataranta? i work hard now for my son...i wish things were different for him na we had a conventional family....but i cant do anything about that. will i give him material things? you are darned right i will.....but not all...even if in the future i can afford all....and those i give....i will give as incentives.
    when I said "making his life a little better than mine and just a better future all throughout", I didn't mean buying all the material things that money can buy.. that's far from it, not even close. I won't do that to my kid or my kids in the future. a good education is one of the important goal I'd try to have for them. when I said "better life than mine", I meant it literally. if I write down all my experiences here growing up, a lot of people who'd read it may think I'm just making up stories.. except for people who saw me grew up, people who knew my story. but that's for another topic.

here's my quote:
    I still am contemplating in giving my son a good education (better tool for him to be equipped in the nuances of life), making his life a little better than mine and just a better future all throughout. Plan to bring your family with you.. if it takes 2 years to wait or more then at least there is something to look forward to.
    bro, please re read my post maybe you just missed the part where I said "my plan"

@omad...that is what i meant when i said we turned out ok....we got to study in good schools man pud.  sorry wala lang gyud koy sleep lol....guess i wasnt communicating properly. not just material. i was typing and leaving it and typing and leaving it man gud kc i was taking care of my bb. try to get a good endowment plan para maka-offset sa expenses for college. (if u want one my friend can present to you or ur wife) or better yet...make sure na ur son develops good habits now para he can get good grades and hopefully get a scholarship. if u want abroad..then scholarship is a good option.

@rance....try lang a few pieces of gulay at a time. or a few teaspoonsful of the food that we adults eat.  maybe he threw up kc nabigla ang tyan nya?  ako super scared nung first time ni batonton to eat solid...kc ang first solid nya baked ziti hahahaha.  and until now i still mince the meat that he eats.  gradual lang...if he eats half a cup of rice...that is good na oi.  ako anak niwang...pero bigat bigat. solid ang bones and well developed ang muscles. i get suya also with the bilugin na babies...but i always am thankful na kahit medyo payat anton ko...di sya masakitin.  aanhin ko ang taba kung parati naman kami nasa doctor?

i have an 8 yr old boy and so grateful i have him......when i got pregnant i was so scared and felt i wasn't ready to be a parent yet but now i'm glad and wish those times back when he was little. enjoy your kids guys while they were young because before you know it they are all grown up and mouthy....hehe....and yeah i really felt so blessed now coz recently my ob-gyn advised me not to get pregnant again....i got kind of sad but got over it......

i do understand that some parents choose to leave their kids to work abroad to have a better life. but my experience with my mom being gone is so far from good......i swear to myself that if i have kids i will do my best to always be there for them no matter what and not missed anything. i could care less about a fancy life, i will always put my kids first before anything else. but then i'm lucky enough to have a hard working hubby and i got an employer that works with my schedule.....some people just don't have a choice but some really do......i guess in someways i'm glad of what i've been through growing up co'z it made me a better parent....... there's nothing more fullfilling than seeing your kid grow up, holding their hands when their scared, give them a hug when they get hurt, talking about silly and impossible things as if it's true, watching them score their first goal in sports.....hay i can go on....hehe....

^^ keep it up :mrgreen:

you're right, there's just no substitute for "seeing your kid grow up, holding their hands when their scared, give them a hug when they get hurt, talking about silly and impossible things as if it's true, watching them score their first goal in sports" and all the other experiences that goes along with it.. those are the "simple things" that I wish I could enjoy with my son. "simple things" that not only matters a lot for my kid but also matters a lot to me. I'll make it up to him on my next vacation.. but for now, everything will just remain wishes.. 'til then..

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast