Page 3520 of 3762 FirstFirst ... 351035173518351935203521352235233530 ... LastLast
Results 35,191 to 35,200 of 37620

Thread: L.A. Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Or Jeremy Lin american version heheheh
    Mas paspas pa si JLin ani nya boss hehehe... pero untag sayop atong pagtan-aw aning bataa hehehe

Since we are stuck with Russell i'll shut my mouth for the next 2 seasons and just hopes he really turns out to be a gem. Remember, although Nash was slow he was very crafty with his speed and his footwork was on a league of its own just like Olajuwon's and that's because of the futbol background. With that being said, I hope Russ turns to Nash and Kobe for some footwork lessons and more basketball fundamentals. For me, that is the only way he can separate himself from anybody in this draft and be a true star since he is not ahtletic.

I can see something special ku Russel, he maybe not an instant star, but I thought he could help our team anyhow. . they didn't draft okafor bec they were planning to get LA.

Quote Originally Posted by inc-pankz View Post
    I can see something special ku Russel, he maybe not an instant star, but I thought he could help our team anyhow. . they didn't draft okafor bec they were planning to get LA.
    Diha sila nasayop. LA is not 100% sure na makuha nila. Even if nakuha jud nila, they can still have both players on the team or trade Okafor for a point guard.

Guys, chill lang.. It's only the SUMMER LEAGUE... Where the rookies make rookie mistakes, they are still adjusting with their new teams, new system, new rules. for D'angelo, this is his transition period. Steph Curry was also averaging more than 6 turnovers a game during him SL stint. Let's give him a break...
    For me, i think one of the reason why this team is not playing well is because of the offensive sets coach madsen is using. His princeton sets is not working for this team, perhaps they can use other system.

Summer league is about finding and assessing talent not about if a system works or not. Besides, all greats players play great in any system. We are not expecting Russell to dominate the game. We only want to see glimpses or flashes of potential that makes you say he is gonna be special. So far I'm not seeing anything special. In fact, the Los Angeles analysts right now are beginning to worry that maybe he is a bust. Andrew Wiggins' performance last year was not the second coming of the next great NBA player but he showed flashes of it in some games or in parts of games that made everybody say he is going to be special, they are not saying that with Russell right now after 4 games.

Jahlil Okafor man, how can you miss a talent that big? Jim Buss needs to be fired.

18 year old Kobe played bad in summer league in his rookie season. Give Russell some time.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7iCJHscu4

- - - Updated - - -

And this is how you become special. Be humble. learn from the best.

http://www.lakersnation.com/jordan-clarkson-dangelo-russell-planning-workouts-with-steve-nash/2015/07/15/

Blog Entries
    Think positive jd ta ani. Hahahaha

Because of the unfortunate (or maybe fortunate? ) timing of having sore eyes, I was able to follow the Lakers' Summer League games. Russell wasn't impressive, none of them were. Ok, Nance impressed me on that 76ers game, but that's it. But this is really not the time to predict a player to be a bust or not.

Considering Russell is a very keen passer (and you can see flashes of it during the games), it would be totally different when he's on the floor with the likes of Kobe, Bass, Young, Williams and Hibbert. He can really develop into a very strong playmaker (i think he'll average around 6-7 assists per game in the first half of the year, more if Kobe gets injured again..) and a solid cover on the other end. He'll have a lot of games when he'll be sh*t offensively but he will still be able to create. Hopefully, he improves his shooting stroke and his outside shot so at least he could be of help on that part of the game.

For this season, I think Julius Randle will be a copy of Jordan Hill, at best. Just a bit better athlete. But that's ok. He did come from an injury though. And I think he'll be able to gain stride and improve on the 2nd half of the season.

Even with the return of Kobe Bryant, I think Jordan Clarkson will continue to develop to be a better player. He'll experience a bit dip on his stats but he'll be more consistent and more efficient.

Again, I'm counting out next season for playoff hopes. But it's gonna be fun to watch the young ones develop and Kobe playing with them!

Quote Originally Posted by inc-pankz View Post
    murag sayop man tingali ni bro... based on the interviews ni mitch, i think they drafted russell over okafor, because they believed that he has the biggest chance of becoming a superstar as compared to the remaining players in the draft at that time.

of course they must have already assumed nga dili gyud ni instant star si russell, and it might take 2 to 3 years to allow him to develop.

so kalma lang mo mga bro... bata pa kaayo si russell. steph curry did not become steph curry overnight. he is already 27 this year, and he was always this good when he was drafted. and that is also true to almost all players in the NBA.
    Last edited by fish; 07-16-2015 at 10:28 PM.

11.    Advertisement