Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Web-Programming Or Software Development"

Quote Originally Posted by jerson_arj2 View Post
    nagka taas na btaw ang demand sa mobile dev! uso naman gud ang mga portable gadgets!
    dapat study jud ta ani aron dli ta mabehind sa uso!
    mao daghan2x na ang android ug IOS devs..

Elite Member

Old school na ang PHP.. actually if you really want to know programming, and not just web scripting, better to learn Python, Ruby on Rails, .Net or J2EE kai makaton jud ka sa object oriented programming techniques which you can apply to other kinds of programming.

Kung PHP ra jud ka, kutob ra ka sa scripting di nimo ma develop ang disiplina sa mga tinood nga mga programmer. Python is a good language to learn for beginners but for work I'm using RoR. Importante pod ang javascript arun ma Web 2.0 imong site kai mao ni ang uso karon e.g. facebook.

There's not much difference between web and app programming if you're using object oriented language/database. Skills are easily transferrable. Naa man gali intranet app, where they use web framework to develop business applications. And now there's cloud programming and internet apps that act like real business apps.
    Last edited by monroy; 04-26-2012 at 11:24 AM.

@Knowledege: Are you one of the Worldtech? I have not receive any info from them nor from you.

@Monroy: I'm into PHP development, yes this can be considered as an old school. Nowadays, PHP 5 supports object-oriented programming. I did it in reference with JEE.

Elite Member

^ Ah, I forgot about that. I didn't mean to say that old school means it's not a good language. The oldest school of programming is Assembly/Machine Code and it's still one of the highest paying jobs around (if you want to get into game programming assembly programming is almost as important as C++).

Quote Originally Posted by jerson_arj2 View Post
    feel man nko ang duha nuon bro!

i enjoyed both web-programming and software dev. pero dli jud malikayan, naa jud nai favoritism bah! hahah...
    mas favorite jud nko nuon ang Software/application development! nindot bitaw ang java. hehehe.... but it's more difficult compared to web... it's really a mind crashing thing but i love it!
    ... ky if masolve nah, very fulfilling jud.

sagdi lang ky taas pa kaaU ang time... for now, ill focus web. ... but ill will not set aside software dev.
    ako na balikan after building a work experience in programming...

tnx bro!
    It's a good thing you enjoy both. Sometimes in a work, you have to delve in two or more fields. Take me as an example, in my line of work, I do web and mobile and I also got jobs for desktop app. The important thing is that you love to create solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by monroy View Post
    Old school na ang PHP.. actually if you really want to know programming, and not just web scripting, better to learn Python, Ruby on Rails, .Net or J2EE kai makaton jud ka sa object oriented programming techniques which you can apply to other kinds of programming.

Kung PHP ra jud ka, kutob ra ka sa scripting di nimo ma develop ang disiplina sa mga tinood nga mga programmer. Python is a good language to learn for beginners but for work I'm using RoR. Importante pod ang javascript arun ma Web 2.0 imong site kai mao ni ang uso karon e.g. facebook.

There's not much difference between web and app programming if you're using object oriented language/database. Skills are easily transferrable. Naa man gali intranet app, where they use web framework to develop business applications. And now there's cloud programming and internet apps that act like real business apps.

i agree bro!
    but if i develop php scripts, as much as possible i am observing the OOP approach..

wla manko idea sa python ug ruby.. .. vb.net ra ug J2EE.
    ako ni apil sko list ang python ug ruby.. aron f naa xtra time, self study gamay! thankz Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru View Post
    It's a good thing you enjoy both. Sometimes in a work, you have to delve in two or more fields. Take me as an example, in my line of work, I do web and mobile and I also got jobs for desktop app. The important thing is that you love to create solutions.
    ka nindOt sa imo work bro! ky ma exercise jud nimu imo skills sa web,mobile ug desktop apps!

base sa work nimu bro, unsa tools mostly gamit sa web dev?
    unya sa mobile pud bro?

and of course sa desktop apps pud?

thankz so much sa additional info bro! kip it up!

@TS
    kung asa ka comfortable, mao ang pili.a
    trend jd na ang duha. ang availability of work, experience og expertise nlng jd na nimo mag base.

Elite Member

Hahays...imagina kung wala ta ma-programmer...
    nag-unsa kaha ta ron?

Nindot jud nga dili mawala ang attitude of wanting to learn new things.
    Maski ma web or software or ma-games, walay bali tanan kung dali ra to muingon nga "Contented na ko diri"

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast