Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pope Pooh-poohs "Potter"

DAMMIT PEOPLE!!! STOP DAMPENING OUR HYSTERIA WITH FACTS!!!

WE'RE TRYING TO MAKE A CRISIS HERE!!!

now uhmmm where were we? ahhh...

SCREAMM!!!!!!!

HARRY POTTER IS THE DEVIL!!! BURN HIM!! POPE HAS A +5 AGI Staff!

;p

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

This is just plain stupidity arguing with a bunch of zealots who can't follow argument. I don't even know why I started. Keep believing in your own illusions. No one is going to tell a zealot otherwise. Lies Lies Lies Lies.

The thing is there are also a lot of fictitious doctrines and eccess baggage taught in Romanism. No different than the falsehood of Harry Potter - that unlike the church, admits it is fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by vern
    This is just plain stupidity arguing with a bunch of zealots who can't follow argument. I don't even know why I started. Keep believing in your own illusions. No one is going to tell a zealot otherwise. Lies Lies Lies Lies.
    You realized how painful it is for our brains to talk with somebody who can't even get the dates of birth and death or the family names of historical figures straight? And then threaten you with "God stop me, I'm gonna ban you! I'm gonna ban you!" when you point out their glaring inconsistency? ISTORYA.NET ought to be PROFESSIONAL enough to replace you with someone MATURE enough to moderate the forums because you obviously have no idea what the constitutionally-mandated, inherent, inviolable human right to "freedom of expression" is all about.

Heck, it's not even profanity and you are already throwing your weight around as one of the sitekeepers to silence dissident opinion.

What's ISTORYA.NET's unwritten rule? You attack Harry Potter and we'll banish you to hell?!

YOUR THREAT TO BAN US PROVES CENSORSHIP OF THE WORST KIND! YOUR THREAT MAKES YOU A DICTATOR OF VIEWS, VERN! I posted the news article without any of my comments to ignite intelligent discussion as to the merits of the fictional children's fantasy novels. If you disagree with the Church's stand on the novels, be read here. But be mature and "open-minded" (oh, you love to use this word, do you?) to allow to those who agree with Her stand to be read (You don't have to bother reading it yourself!).

If you attack the moral ascendancy of the Church Herself, then be mature and intelligent enough for the parry of those who will defend Her.

You're not a Communist or a Fascist, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBiddle
    The thing is there are also a lot of fictitious doctrines and eccess baggage taught in Romanism. No different than the falsehood of Harry Potter - that unlike the church, admits it is fantasy.
    Please enumerate - I mean, the fictitious doctrines and 'excess' baggage taught in Romanism.

Purgatory, Ad Iesum Per Marian, Indulgences (as vern has stated), Peter being "The Rock" , the hierarchy authorized by Peter, the dogma of infallibility, the immaculate conception dogma, et cetera et cetera.

elo pipol!!!!!.....
    i thought the topic is the banning of the harry potter books made by the pope....
    but ur already arguing bout the religion....
    hhhmmmnnnn......think think think.....
    on my opinion.....HP book is not really that bad....yes it talks bout magics but it has still its positive side.....how bout harrys character....people reading it will also learn the value of friendship,,courage,,faith,,determination,,and etc..
    and there is no mention of any religion in there...and besides its just purely fantasy...and readers do knows that!!!....theres no really such thing as Hogwarts or spells like avada kedavra.....hehehe...its purely fantasy and invention of the creative mind of JK Rowling...
    i'm an avid fan of Harry Potter book....i love reading it...but...i absolutely know wat it is all about....i just like reading it for fun and leisure....its very entertaining u know....and i really appreciate JK's strategy in writing....hehehehehe
    man! shes so talented!! shes one hell of a writer that she made HP books bestseller.....hahahaha....
    and so wat if HP book is just a fantasy its just for entertaining ... and there are also so much books like HP ryt?? HP book is just lucky to be really prominent than the others....
    and if the pope thinks that HP books are not good..well i respect him and his opinions....but there will be one more book to go..and i will still read it..and after that...im off!!!! hahahahaha...
    pipol....dont argue bout religion or popes or wateva....
    peace out man!!!!

Like I said, at least J.K. Rowling won't deny that hers is a work of fantasy - but the church fleeces the nations, multitudes and tongues with their outright pompous falsehood. And don't give me PCP or Vatican or Bible verses to support them because one may be free to change religion but Truth is unchanging.

priceless is right. you're veering away from the main topic.

anyway, it's all lifesite.net's fault. the Pope DID NOT actually say he opposes Harry Potter! he was actually misquoted in his correspondence with a certain Ms. Kuby in 2003. he was still CARDINAL at the time.

please, please, please read: http://www.hogwartsprofessor.com/hom...page=docs/pope

this is an excerpt of the statement made by Papal Nuncio Archbishop Thomas Gullickson on the topic:

He said there was a little bit of confusion about Pope Benedict’s negative statements on the Harry Potter books. “These are old statements he made in 2003 in response to a woman who wrote to him in 2003 to bring up her concerns about the Harry Potter books,” he said. “Whether he prepared the response himself or just signed it is another question.” But he said a Jesuit priest who knows the Pope pretty well said the Pope had probably never read a Harry Potter book. “It was not a new statement or stance in terms of the Harry Potter books,” he said. “I read the first one myself and I kind of enjoyed it.”

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast