Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Parents' Discussion Room

tinked, you mean my baby? Her name is Isabella and she's half filipino half american mao mestiza. She doesn't look like me at all hehe.

Tamblot, naa gyuy daddy's nga dili hiyang mobantay ug bata. Sakto pud ka EJ, kapoy ayo basta naa nay baby.

I'm also a full time mom karon hehehehe lisod jud but having a child is the best gift i could ever received.

OT: Where do you send your kids to interact with other kids? last weekend we went to playroom in ayala and a bit crowded while in jamboree in banilad a lil bit expensive.. do you know other place in Cebu? Thanks.

Dili man tingali na OT Rance coz I guess we can discuss anything here right, n'gel?

ito ang bagong pinupntahan namin ng anak ko: https://www.istorya.net/forums/index.php?topic=92776.0

Ako I just wanna say that I am very happy my son likes eating gulay. START THEM YOUNG!

Ako technique? I do not overcook it....he really likes crunchy things so to start him eating something new...I get one stalk or piece or a spoonful and then i let him put his ear on my cheek para to hear it crunchy....hayonnnn...sya na mag-una2x now. hahahaha. I call the veggies with names of food na I know he really likes...so ubod and taogi became veggie PANCIT. I also point out the advantage of eating veggies. Anton wants to be a pilot someday....I tell him all the time that he should have VERY GOOD EYESIGHT basta mag-pilot. And that dili dawaton ang mag-glasses....so to make sure he has good eyesight....eat ug squash and carrots...and he does...I am very very happy.

I really believe in starting the kids young sa pag-eat ug utan....ang ako cousins na iba...grabeh....dili jud mo-eat. The only veggies my son does not like are potatoes (except in fries and chips---again..crunchy)...gabi...okra coz i have yet to plant again kay mas fresh mas maau (sweeter)....ampalaya (for obvious reasons)....radish (baho daw hahahaha).

Our generation was raised in fast food and just letting the kids eat what they want...and now we are paying for it. Let us change the culinary future for our kids. My two-cents lang po.

I envy all of you guys in this thread. parents who are with their kids "almost" 24/7. experiencing the pains and sufferings but also enjoying your kids while they're growing up.. I have a 6 year old kid whom I only see thru the webcam almost everyday. it's just difficult on my part and my son's to just see each other only once a year. the distance between us and the financial situation are the main reasons for our current predicament.

the last time I came home, 'twas June of last year, he had a school activity entitled "me and my dad" being held the exact same day of my ETA. because of the delays at the airport, I wasn't able to get there on time. it was one of those times in my son's life that I should be there by his side, be there when he needed me most, but sadly.. I wasn't. I felt bad when he told me "everybody brought their dads with them and enjoyed all the activities while I... I brought my uncle". imagine my pain when I heard that line... and that was one of the few times I felt helpless..

it's a given: there would be other important activities, events and happenings in his life that I would surely miss.. I'll try my very best to be there with him as much as I could.. is there anything more excruciating than this?
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

^^i've been away from my dad for quite a number of years already..

Blog Entries

omad, i feel your pain too...maski naa pa mi diri with them. there will come a time when we really have to decide kung we really have to go through what you are going through now. my mother-in-law is already waiting for us to send our immigration papers to her lawyer. naa na siya and my brother-in-law sa canada and she wants us to follow suit. ganahan siya mag una akong hubby, then mo sunod mi after 2 years or mo sunod ko then mga bata afterwards. 2 years na ni diri nga nag stand by ang papers nga wala namo gi lihok. ni uli siya diri 2 years ago and nabalik na lang karon. hangtud karon wa pa ghapon namo gi lihok. we don't want our kids to grow up nga wala mi. mingaw and sakit sa bo-ut just thinking about it. nag istorya na mi with the kids, maski sila di ganahan nga di mi mag dungan ug larga. we are just hoping that something greener will come up nga kung pwede dili na lang mi manglarga.

Galadriel, thanks for the empathy. in my case, I haven't celebrated all my son's birthdays with him but once.. I missed five.. all I have is a picture of us together with him blowing the candles on the cake during his 4th birthday.. thinking about it sucks bigtime even if I'm just typing this post.. I'm a grown man, I admit, but I just can't help my tears from falling down my face even just to reminisce those "happy moments" of his young life.. and I wasn't there to celebrate it with him.. I wasn't there.

he had soccer practice during this past summer and swimming lessons the past three summers before that but I wasn't able to attend not even once, not even once. here I am just playing "pool" with him on YM and maybe some "tic tac toe" but it's just not the same as playing basketball, baseball or any other outdoor sports that kids and their dads are playing every weekend. I would have loved for him to stay with me where I'm at but babysitters are expensive, the environment at school is just a whole lot different compared to Cebu. maybe after he graduates elementary school or HS that I'll bring him here 'coz by then he'll already experience what the Filipino way of life is all about. he would know the Filipino traits (good and bad) by then and he would be ready to weigh things when he's faced with a problem. but the irony of it all is: I won't know what this kid will become by then.. but I'll take the risk..

in your case, I think it would be much harder for BeoR (and yourself) to cope up with the situation (being separated with all of you guys for 2 years) since he already watched your two kids (am I right?) grow up. he already had his share of waking up at dawn changing diapers, getting the milk ready, singing some lullabies etc (I never had those).. he already got used to the nagging, "kakulitan", "parayeg", sweetness, watching those cartoon shows on TV with them, maybe played PC games, go to church with the whole family.. and for sure, he'll miss the all too common phrase of kids "I'm bored" (I never had any of those either).

but hey, it's your family's (you and your hubby) decision. whatever you guys decide, whatever you guys think is the best for your children's future, whatever y'all think that's the best way for your kids to succeed in the years to come.. then do it. OUR time has passed, what we're doing right now as parents are solely for THEM and THEIR FUTURE.

^^i've been away from my dad for quite a number of years already..
    what's your story bro?

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast