Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

hhhmmnn.. plano pa unta ko bit2x dah.. para ako ma picturan ako dog.

... how about mangadto ta with dslr... sungogon ang guard bah..

scene: daghan bit2x ug dslr
    guard: duol nimo ug ni sita
    ikaw: guard naa man lagi lain gadala.. unaha usa na sila badlong.

hahahaha.. gud luck sa guard.

Blog Entries
    In their defense pud, it is appropriate for these malls to ask for your permit when you are seen with a DSLR. First thing that comes to their mind is that you will be shooting for commercial purposes and disturb customers and businesses inside the mall. I make sure where and when to be seen with my DSLR... for sure not inside a mall.

If you do have permit, they will make arrangements for you when using their space in the mall. We should take it as a protocol and should have the common sense that these private properties will ask your permit every time you are seen with a "pro" camera in their premises. That's the paperwork and business side of this industry; people who are holding with a DSLR will be mistaken as a pro photographer or videographer.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    In their defense pud, it is appropriate for these malls to ask for your permit when you are seen with a DSLR. First thing that comes to their mind is that you will be shooting for commercial purposes and disturb customers and businesses inside the mall. I make sure where and when to be seen with my DSLR... for sure not inside a mall.

If you do have permit, they will make arrangements for you when using their space in the mall. We should take it as a protocol and should have the common sense that these private properties will ask your permit every time you are seen with a "pro" camera in their premises. That's the paperwork and business side of this industry; people who are holding with a DSLR will be mistaken as a pro photographer or videographer.
    I agree and, since this is a private property, they have every right to do so. However, this means that their security guards need more orientation. We shoot with a DSLR because it provides better quality. That's it. So, what/how you are shooting should also be taken into consideration. Not just the mere fact that you are bringing a DSLR.

And, in the scenario I posted, we were not "inside" the mall, although inside the premises, as we were still outside. We actually had no problem shooting inside the establishments (e.g. while eating). It is when outside (near the parking area) where we were confronted.

lol, na answer na ang question.. ang funny thing ron kay even the small cameras grabe ang quality.. like kana fuji nga cam..

Blog Entries
    naa by nindot na spot sa parkmall para mag photography? mura man sigurog wala ug wala pa jud ko mo bother ug suroy anang lugara if I do naay ayala duol ra kaayo sa amo din SM sakay lang ug 04L.

Blog Entries
    The thing is, if you are a pro photographer (meaning you get paid for doing it and/or doing it for a living) you should act as one. You should have proper documents in case you are asked to present it. You are a pro for a reason -- not only you are pro in the technical side of your trade, you are also pro when it comes to the paperwork side to it.

If you are just a pseudo-photographer, don't ruin the protocol placed for tradesmen/women for the purpose of getting Facebook or Instagram likes. It is a serious trade and obtaining permits is part of the industry. So respect the other party if they insists of asking for a permit when they mistaken you as a pro photographer. That's all. Oh yeah, you have a DSLR, why shoot in AUTO mode and in JPEG?

If you are just a pseudo-photographer, don't ruin the protocol placed for tradesmen/women for the purpose of getting Facebook or Instagram likes. It is a serious trade and obtaining permits is part of the industry. So respect the other party if they insists of asking for a permit when they mistaken you as a pro photographer. That's all. Oh yeah, you have a DSLR, why shoot in AUTO mode and in JPEG?
    Are you implying that non-pro photographers should not use a DSLR to take a snap for use in FB/Insta? Even if you are a "protog", would you really want/need to get a permit just to shoot occasional photos of you and your friends hanging out?

The thing here is they should address the approach of their security guards. And, they should clarify what is or is not allowed. Going back to the example above, it is insane to have to get a permit just to use a DSLR to take occasional snaps for your FB/Insta. DSLRs, by the way, are not only for "protogs".

Blog Entries
    @marius @Hot Ice

It's interesting you guys are derailing the issue.

If you guys really want to take pictures for whatever reason with your DSLR and don't want to be bothered, then ask for a permit. Plain and simple. You are smart enough that security guards aren't usually friendly to someone carrying a DSLR or any similar-looking camera to enforce company policy. It's the most used tool for commercial photography. The management are concerned that their place is being used for anything commercial without permission.

Just in case you both try to derail the issue by saying what about camera phones, P&S, and etc., well you should use those the next time you go to the mall and take casual photos. After all, cameras like Canon G7x is a great alternative and DSLR will just get you trouble by a sekyu.

@marius @Hot Ice

It's interesting you guys are derailing the issue.

If you guys really want to take pictures for whatever reason with your DSLR and don't want to be bothered, then ask for a permit. Plain and simple. You are smart enough that security guards aren't usually friendly to someone carrying a DSLR or any similar-looking camera to enforce company policy. It's the most used tool for commercial photography. The management are concerned that their place is being used for anything commercial without permission.

Just in case you both try to derail the issue by saying what about camera phones, P&S, and etc., well you should use those the next time you go to the mall and take casual photos. After all, cameras like Canon G7x is a great alternative and DSLR will just get you trouble by a sekyu.
    LOL. Get a permit to take 1 Facebook photo. Just plain stupid. Actually, that's not even the issue here. It's the approach.
    Last edited by Hot Ice; 10-24-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    @Hot Ice @marius

Sorry to burst your bubble. But gotta follow the rules. It's not a new concept especially in photography

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast