Page 21 of 1503 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Default Re: GLOBE BROADBAND DISCUSSIONS

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_devil1900
    disappointed kaayo ko sa gbb...i cannot open sites such as myspace, aol, sometimes yahoo pa gani. dli ko mka sulod. and also, the email address they gave me is incorrect. dli ko mka log-in. basin naay taga globe dra.....cud u help me pls
    No problem on my end either. I could surf those sites easily.
    Try to download dr TCP and set your mtu to 1482 if still it cant connect lower it again. Dont forget to choose your correct adapter and then save your settings, reboot your pc after making the changes.

heres the link for dr TCP
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/front/DRTCP021.exe

I cut away from pldt mydsl and recently got my globelines broadband. The globe tech who installed the dsl told me that my linksys router would not work with their dsl modem. After he configured my internet I set about configuring the router myself and sure enough it couldnt detect the router. If i used the dsl modem staright to my pc and everythings ok but when i connect my modem to my router it simply said that it has no connection or has limited connectivity. Anyone ever encountered problems like this? I also upgraded the firmware of my router and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea how to make my router work with globe? My router is Linksys BEFSR41 4port DSL router. I bought 3 weeks ago at pcx.

Quote Originally Posted by gemcadz
    I cut away from pldt mydsl and recently got my globelines broadband. The globe tech who installed the dsl told me that my linksys router would not work with their dsl modem. After he configured my internet I set about configuring the router myself and sure enough it couldnt detect the router. If i used the dsl modem staright to my pc and everythings ok but when i connect my modem to my router it simply said that it has no connection or has limited connectivity. Anyone ever encountered problems like this? I also upgraded the firmware of my router and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea how to make my router work with globe? My router is Linksys BEFSR41 4port DSL router. I bought 3 weeks ago at pcx.
    Turn off the routing capabilities of your Linksys. I'm guessing you have the Speedtouch 511. It already has built-in routing capabilities. Routing should be turned on either sa Linksys or sa Speedtouch but not both together.

e bridge ang imo modem bro para ma turn off ang routing kay kasagaran sa broadband modem nka built in router nana sya

If i turn of my routing capability sa linksys wouldnt that be considered as a switch nalang? so that means i would lose the firewall capability of my router right? a friend of mine told me to do the same thing. instead of connecting the internet cable in internet port in my router he told that i should connect the internet cable in port 1 and my 2 pcs on port 2 and 3. Is this the way to do it? how do i go about disabling the routing capabilities of my router? Thanks for the quick response I really appreciate it.

If i turn of my routing capability sa linksys wouldnt that be considered as a switch nalang? so that means i would lose the firewall capability of my router right? a friend of mine told me to do the same thing. instead of connecting the internet cable in internet port in my router he told that i should connect the internet cable in port 1 and my 2 pcs on port 2 and 3. Is this the way to do it? how do i go about disabling the routing capabilities of my router? Thanks for the quick response I really appreciate it.
    kung gusto ka na himoon nlng og switch imo linksys e reset nlng na para ma default ang config pero wala nka firewall capability den ang internet cable ari sa LAN og ang 2 PC`s nimo bale wala nka WAN.

Also have the same router but I have forgotten how the web interface options are... If you want to use the routing capabilites of your Linksys instead of the Speedtouch, you'd have to use it's web interface or it's telnet interface. I haven't tried disabling it since I just use my other my Speedtouch modem/router aided with an old switch now instead of my Linksys to route internet traffic.

You can try asking the gurus at pinoydsl forums. I usually find a lot of helpful posts there. You can probably find mindless there (Yes, he's both an istorya and pinoydsl member )

okay thanks for all the help. I'll try it out tonight coz im still at work. I'll check out pinoydsl too. thanks for the heads up, i didnt know there was a forum dedicated to dsl users here.

okay thanks for all the help. I'll try it out tonight coz im still at work. I'll check out pinoydsl too. thanks for the heads up, i didnt know there was a forum dedicated to dsl users here.
    It's one of the forums I joined since I found so many problems with PLDT myDSL connections before...

@gem

http://www.pinoydsl.net/ :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement