Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kotry82 View Post
    That's why tanawon dapat sa dogfoodadvisor if naa bay recall sa dogfood brand or wala. Check pud sa pet360.com kaay naa nay recall alert. So far ang brand ako gigamit, Acana, Orijen and Go, wala may recall. Maayo bitaw ang Raw, pero I get into so many problems at home with the older folks kay ma "Carnivorous" kuno. Ingnan ko na in the long run mukaon kuno ug tao ang mga iro nako. I know it's stupid, but what can I do? Kapoy kaayo lalis diri. Unya mo taas ang ilang blood pressure ug kita may masaninlan. So if wala ko sa balay, dili makakaon ang mga iro kay nobody would dare kay mukaon lagi kuno ug tao. (LOL). I told them na carnivorous man ang dog daan, look at their teeth alone. Maski pa na domesticate, we cannot change the biological makeup sa dog. Their teeth are designed to rip off meat and crush bones, not to chew on corn or grain. Ila mismo digestive system is common to carnivorous mammals. If you feed raw meat to a dog that has never ever eaten raw meat, makakita ka na their primal instincts come out. It's as if they saw food for the very first time. They don't need to be taught to eat raw. It's imbedded in their genes.
    Hahaha ka funny gyud sa uban taw uy. Pero dili mana nato ma blame pud sila labi nag wala gyud sila mag research about dogs. Most people labi na diri sa ato see dogs as "delikado" mao nang kung mag raw feed ka iassociate dayun na basin mo attack na ug taw kay gipakaon man ug raw. But that's really a false statement. By nature the dog is a carnivorous predator. A dog that chases things (with or without killing them) is just being true to what it is: a dog. Feeding a dog meat is not going to turn a dog into some vicious animal that will attack every living thing that moves.

And I aggree pud na raw feeding is best for my dogs. Bsag premium pana still processed ghapon na and can potentially harm our dogs. On top of that kung mag raw feed ka dili baho ang mouth sa imo dogs and dili pud dali madaot ang ila ngipon. Limpyo pa permi ila ngipon. Most importantly, Dogs are "Carnivorous" so their teeth designed for grabbing, ripping, tearing, shredding, and shearing meat. They are not equipped with large flat molars for grinding up plant matter (though they can still handle to eat veggies or pellets). Their molars are pointed and situated in a scissors bite (along with the rest of their teeth) that powerfully disposes of meat, bone, and hide. So why fed food in a form of pellets?

And YES! kibbled foods are very "convenient" but also fill our pets with toxic additives and carbohydrates they do not need, creating a myriad of health problems and shortening the lifespan and reducing the quality of life for our pets. Yes, we trade "convenience" for the health and welfare of the very animals that depend on us for their care.

A raw diet is as convenient as you make it, but it will always be more work than pouring preformed pellets into a bowl. But your pet's health should be much more important than convenience. If not, then why do you own a pet?

By the way, giunsa nimo prepare ang sawdust? Kay I tried one time, dili kaayo sila ganahan.
    Hinayhinayi lang ug introduce sa imo dog. Basin tungod kay naanad na cya sa dog food mao nang dili pa kaayo mo kaon. But eventually maganahan rana.

That's why tanawon dapat sa dogfoodadvisor if naa bay recall sa dogfood brand or wala. Check pud sa pet360.com kaay naa nay recall alert. So far ang brand ako gigamit, Acana, Orijen and Go, wala may recall. Maayo bitaw ang Raw, pero I get into so many problems at home with the older folks kay ma "Carnivorous" kuno. Ingnan ko na in the long run mukaon kuno ug tao ang mga iro nako. I know it's stupid, but what can I do? Kapoy kaayo lalis diri. Unya mo taas ang ilang blood pressure ug kita may masaninlan. So if wala ko sa balay, dili makakaon ang mga iro kay nobody would dare kay mukaon lagi kuno ug tao. (LOL). I told them na carnivorous man ang dog daan, look at their teeth alone. Maski pa na domesticate, we cannot change the biological makeup sa dog. Their teeth are designed to rip off meat and crush bones, not to chew on corn or grain. Ila mismo digestive system is common to carnivorous mammals. If you feed raw meat to a dog that has never ever eaten raw meat, makakita ka na their primal instincts come out. It's as if they saw food for the very first time. They don't need to be taught to eat raw. It's imbedded in their genes.

By the way, giunsa nimo prepare ang sawdust? Kay I tried one time, dili kaayo sila ganahan.
    That's really my point...naa recall alert kay gstudyhan man nila ang product how about those premium dog food nga ongoing pa ang study sige lang tag pakaon satong mga dogs ana? isn't it obvious na life shortener jud ning commercialized dog food? processed man gud na sila..wa ba mo magduda ngano dgay kaayo sila madaot? it's like eating canned goods everyday..that's why bsag hasol ang pagprepare..sige lang kay meat man jud ang gilawg sa iro nko..

I only boil the sawdust no hidden recipes...

I cannot guarantee premium DF or Raw food has the best option. Which is which?

PREMIUM-preservative, additive, dead/spoiled meat heat process, etc.
    Raw Food- has certain bacteria & virus, additives(such as chemical booster specially commercialize meat product)E.g Pork, Chicken, Cow,etc. has shorten maturity period, for example sa chicken instead of "30-40 days" to reach optimal maturity "24 days nalang.(it varies sa klasi sa animal) Purpose? It save's time & money sa mga poultry and other meat company. Mao daghan anomalya manggawas sa atong dogs such as tumor, certain allergic reaction(skin, etc.) and even blood chem test cannot detect into it.

Simple & Safe: (Plant & product your food) pero "more effort & time" and probinsya dapat ang setting.
    Natural food in your own backyard nalang. Mas safe since kabalo ka ug ikaw mismo naga-atiman.
    *Vege-"Kamonggay", As I observed, dog coat & skin, as well as body mass improved a lot. Add & mix sa iyang meal, even ang sabaw niya. Tested & Proven nako ni.
    *Bisaya na Manok, Baboy, Baka- consider nga plant-based imong ginapakaon ug dili commercial feeds.

Note: 80% of acquired sickness is due to meat eating lifestyle in humans and probably to our animals as well.
    Last edited by fial; 02-21-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fial View Post
    Raw Food- has certain bacteria & virus, additives(such as chemical booster specially commercialize meat product)E.g Pork, Chicken, Cow,etc. has shorten maturity period, for example sa chicken instead of "30-40 days" to reach optimal maturity "24 days nalang.(it varies sa klasi sa animal) Purpose? It save's time & money sa mga poultry and other meat company. Mao daghan anomalya manggawas sa atong dogs such as tumor, certain allergic reaction(skin, etc.) and even blood chem test cannot detect into it.
    Take from a research document:

Yes, the bacteria in raw meat might hurt your dog IF the dog already has an immunocompromised system or some underlying problem. Raw diets have also been blamed for causing things like pancreatitis and kidney disease, when in reality the underlying disease was already there and was brought to light by the change in diet. Dogs are surprisingly well-equipped to deal with bacteria. Their saliva has antibacterial properties; it contains lysozyme, an enzyme that lyses and destroys harmful bacteria. Their short digestive tract is designed to push through food and bacteria quickly without giving bacteria time to colonize.The extremely acidic environment in the gut is also a good bacteria colonization deterrent. Keep in mind that dogs is an animal that can lick itself, lick other dogs, eat a variety of disgusting rotting things, and ingest its own feces or those of other animals with no ill effects. The dog, plain and simple, can handle greater bacterial loads than we can.

Just some thoughts on bacteria and raw: this is what finds its way into the "sterile" kibbled commercial foods:

"Meat products not intended for human consumption, such as inedible tissues, condemned portions of carcasses, and entire carcasses of condemned animals (eg, animals found to be dead, dying, disabled, or diseased at the time of slaughter), are also used for dog food. Because of the inherent nature of these products and the less stringent handling requirements, compared with products approved for human consumption, these products may contain high levels of bacterial contamination."

And as for commercial foods being "bacteria free" (an assumption that is often inferred when people put down raw diets because of the bacteria):

"Pet foods, commercial or homemade, provide an ideal environment for bacterial proliferation."

So do not be fooled into thinking kibbled, commercial pet food is a sterile, bacteria-free source of food! The starches, rancid fats, and sugars in kibbled foods provide much better food sources for bacteria than the proteins in raw meat.

Quote Originally Posted by ngitscarlo09 View Post
    That's really my point...naa recall alert kay gstudyhan man nila ang product how about those premium dog food nga ongoing pa ang study sige lang tag pakaon satong mga dogs ana? isn't it obvious na life shortener jud ning commercialized dog food? processed man gud na sila..wa ba mo magduda ngano dgay kaayo sila madaot? it's like eating canned goods everyday..that's why bsag hasol ang pagprepare..sige lang kay meat man jud ang gilawg sa iro nko..

I only boil the sawdust no hidden recipes...
    Just my two cents. Ang Orijen is dugay na sa market. Of course a lot of studies has been conducted on their products. Even many of my scientist friends sa North America and Europe, daghan nag hatag ani na brand, for those who are not in favor sa BARF. Sa more than two decades, walay recall and ang review sa mga pet owners are 99 percent positive. The company claims not to use any rendered meat, only free run chicken, freshly caught Salmon, etc. I'd rather feed this to them than have an inexperienced person (a helper) feed them raw. Also, for the blood works (dili akoa, sa ako mga iro. dili man ko mukaon ug dogfood) I am quite happy with the results, so I'm sticking to this for now. By the way, I still feed them raw three times a week. They like it best. I would not compare Orijen to Luncheonmeat but to canned Hunts Tomato Juice or Century Tuna, canned pero healthy gihapon, or to Powerbars.

We as humans also ingest a lot of junks, Pringles, Mr. Chips, Popcorn, Goldilocks, Red Ribbon, CNT Lechon, Coca Cola, Macdonalds, KFC, Sunburst, etc. We know daghan nangamatay due to obesity related diseases, pero sige man gihapon ta kaon. At least ang Sunburst is worth dying for

I cannot guarantee premium DF or Raw food has the best option. Which is which?

PREMIUM-preservative, additive, dead/spoiled meat heat process, etc.

Simple & Safe: (Plant & product your food) pero "more effort & time" and probinsya dapat ang setting.
    Natural food in your own backyard nalang. Mas safe since kabalo ka ug ikaw mismo naga-atiman.
    *Vege-"Kamonggay", As I observed, dog coat & skin, as well as body mass improved a lot. Add & mix sa iyang meal, even ang sabaw niya. Tested & Proven nako ni.
    *Bisaya na Manok, Baboy, Baka- consider nga plant-based imong ginapakaon ug dili commercial feeds.

Note: 80% of acquired sickness is due to meat eating lifestyle in humans and probably to our animals as well.
    There are numerous studies na ana, it's incorrect to say that eating a lot of meat causes diseases in dogs and cats. Look at their teeth alone, it's made for tearing flesh. It's the source of the meat and percentage of actual animal product in the food that could potentially be a problem but not the sole source of problem. Many factors are involved. Humans, have digestive tracts designed to digest plant products, not meat and of course pakanon nimo karne ang kanding na herbivore dali mamatay. Same goes for dogs and cats, pakaon nimo ug mais ug rice, gamay ra karne or other plant based protein sources.

There are numerous studies na ana, it's incorrect to say that eating a lot of meat causes diseases in dogs and cats. Look at their teeth alone, it's made for tearing flesh. It's the source of the meat and percentage of actual animal product in the food that could potentially be a problem but not the sole source of problem. Many factors are involved. Humans, have digestive tracts designed to digest plant products, not meat and of course pakanon nimo karne ang kanding na herbivore dali mamatay. Same goes for dogs and cats, pakaon nimo ug mais ug rice, gamay ra karne or other plant based protein sources.
    I know and we cannot deny the fact that dogs scissor teeth is design for tearing flesh and it's intestinal track is design for raw meat catabolism(has high gastric enzyme level for better raw meat digestion and bacterial resistance) however, gastric level and its acidity cannot penetrate a virus cell membrane mao dili mamatay, which is a sad fact. Meaning, health is greatly compromise. and I beg to disagree na "Incorrect". Since I mention "a lot". Meaning,"The more intake of meat the greater the risk and chance to acquire diseases from animal meat, some sort the percentage basis.

Here's the eye opener video: US(1st World Country) based na gani ni nga video which is taas pa jud ug ISO ACCREDITATION POINTS, how much more diri sa ASIA. Mas worst tingali ang process.

ANIMAL CRUELTY
    The video the meat industry doesn't want you to see. - YouTube

C02 MONOXIDE
    DIRTY Little SECRET about MEAT - YouTube

Note:
    *Mao nang ni ingon ko na mas maayo na kita nalang magbuhi kung naa pata enough area and time kay sure ta unsa ka hinlo ug nindot ug integrity pagkaslaughter sa hayop.
    *Lets say bacteria & Virus free, but animal integrity is being violated man sad.
    *CO2 MONOXIDE - certain chemical which suppresses immunoglobulin and orchestrate allergic reactions(stimulates IgE production). Mao nang sometimes skin issue: sige ug pangatol or rashes, etc or worst case tumor(benign or malignant).
    Last edited by fial; 02-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.

I know and we cannot deny the fact that dogs scissor teeth is design for tearing flesh and it's intestinal track is design for raw meat catabolism(has high gastric enzyme level for better raw meat digestion and bacterial resistance) however, gastric level and its acidity cannot penetrate a virus cell membrane mao dili mamatay, which is a sad fact. Meaning, health is greatly compromise. and I beg to disagree na "Incorrect". Since I mention "a lot". Meaning,"The more intake of meat the greater the risk and chance to acquire diseases from animal meat, some sort the percentage basis.

Here's the eye opener video: US(1st World Country) based na gani ni nga video which is taas pa jud ug ISO ACCREDITATION POINTS, how much more diri sa ASIA. Mas worst tingali ang process.

ANIMAL CRUELTY

C02 MONOXIDE

Note:
    *Mao nang ni ingon ko na mas maayo na kita nalang magbuhi kung naa pata enough area and time kay sure ta unsa ka hinlo ug nindot ug integrity pagkaslaughter sa hayop.
    *Lets say bacteria & Virus free, but animal integrity is being violated man sad.
    *CO2 MONOXIDE - certain chemical which suppresses immunoglobulin and orchestrate allergic reactions(stimulates IgE production). Mao nang sometimes skin issue: sige ug pangatol or rashes, etc or worst case tumor(benign or malignant).
    This is not create "chaos" but an "eye opener". I'm not against raw feeding & Premium DF. Let's us be careful in buying commercial meat product & and choosing Dog food as well.

- - - Updated - - -

ANIMAL CRUELTY

C02 MONOXIDE

Note:
    This is not to create "chaos" but an "eye opener". I'm not against raw feeding & Premium DF. Let's us be careful in buying commercial meat product & and choosing Dog food as well.
    Last edited by fial; 02-24-2014 at 10:06 PM.

This is not to create "chaos" but an "eye opener". I'm not against raw feeding & Premium DF. Let's us be careful in buying commercial meat product & and choosing Dog food as well.
    Right. You should know your source if you choose "raw feeding" for your dogs.

And for those na ganahan mag raw feed - don't just give meat to your dogs. You cannot feed a diet of just meat to your dog and expect it to do well. Your dog needs bones and organ meat as well to obtain the proper nutrients.

Naa koy 2months gslab(mag 3mos karong March 9). Dogfood siya sa breeder pero pag abot nako, pure raw meals na ako gihatag. Almost 2 weeks siya whole chicken, karon 2nd meat na pig tail ug ribs chunk. Ako pang gi observe and if maka adjust na siya sa pork, mo shift napod ko sa laing meat(beef cguro). Pagkahuman, anha pako mag add organs then once a week fish(tamban/tuloy/burot2/tulingan-bisan asa ana para mo balance sa omega). Then organs and other meaty meat, bone in meats para ma balance iyang diet. Ang hasol lang gyud kay need ka magpalit stocks and freeze and ewww sad gamay. Pero after ana, pwede ra ka mohatag direct sa dog bisan frozen pa ang meat, then if di mahurot, wash lang pag ayo then balik sa ref/freezer.

So far, nindot kaayo ang result. Hamis then dali ra nidako akong puppy gamay rag stool and way baho. Aw, baho lang sa iro di man jud mawala na..hehehe. Am thankful also kay ang iyang Vet dili pod against sa raw feeding.
    Last edited by maui1976; 03-06-2014 at 07:07 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast