Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

dghan mn mga trafic rules na dili cla mu sunod.. labi na mg counter flow mao jd na ako permi ma bantayan sa mga motor...
    pero dili ra sd ang mga motor ang mo violate..
    mao jd ni problema diri sa atoa kay pati lage mga enforcer walay alamag or wala lng jd paki alam.. tsk!
    dili lng sd ang mga sakyanan dapat ang mga pedestrian sd kay naa uban mg pataka lng og labang og mg pataka lng og sakay or mg huwat sa dalan na jd pra mu sakay..

motorists who do that are uneducated, they don't know basic road courtesy. that is why gubot kaayo atong mga streets.

ang kuyaw ug mohunong ka before sa linya pero wala ka nagdala ug vehicle...lols

bitaw, enforcement gyuy kuwang, kay kadaghan ko kita ug ing-ani unya naay CITOM sa ilang atubangan, kevs raman ang CITOM..

ang di jud nako ganahan kanang 3 or 2 lanes den ang 4wheels or 2wheels anha jud sa fast lane moposition nya modagan lang og 40-45kph hastang hasola...

Quote Originally Posted by NudgeDELTA View Post
    Hope in humanity ended.

Before I give my opinion, let me state that I have driven both a motorbike and 4-wheeled vehicles. Now to state the obvious, this is a very good observation. I'm pretty sure drivers and pedestrians alike notice this as well, but passively consider this as a society norm. These are probable reasons:

1. Empathetically speaking, motorcycle drivers can't stay in a lane since most drivers of 4-wheeled automobiles try to nudge and occupy their space.
    2. They want to get ahead of others (especially in cases of heat and/or rain).
    3. Absence of education, lack of education, or misuse of education.
    4. The practice of moving forward has been a habit and imbibed into culture.
    5. Driving a motorcycle gives you the notion that you could fit anywhere.

It is also important to note that regardless of the number of wheels, some vehicles stop on the pedestrian lanes. Addressing the drivers is a good start, but it will also expedite the process if our traffic enforcing agencies would be strict in implementing the law. Other than the junction box and pedestrian lanes to be void of vehicles, there are other traffic laws that even enforcers are oblivious about. Hence, they don't know if it's a violation. While a college diploma is not a requirement in most countries, I guess it's not a bad idea to have that restriction in the Philippines. On a wishful thinker's point of view, this I know is best but I doubt legislators can pass such law.

There are other concerns that I have with "some" motorcycle drivers (this also applies to 4-wheel drivers):

1. Trying to squeeze in a small path between cars, increasing risk of damaging adjacent vehicles. (Even mini cars, both private and public, create an exterior third lane in traffic)
    2. Occupying a fast lane while running at 45kph.
    3. Swerving without signal.
    4. Swerving at the area in-front of the traffic light. (Traffic lines, lanes, and signage are created for a reason)
    5. Absence (or refusing to turn on) of headlights and taillights.
    6. Headlights put on high beam.
    7. While in heavy traffic, they tend to pass in the opposite lane.

While this is largely the motorists responsibility, here are some solutions:

1. Driver education
    2. Creating a separate lane for motorcycles
    3. Strict and consistent implementation of the law
    4. Automatic traffic systems (e.g. monitoring of violations as they happen in real time)

All-in-all the consensus is, that the Philippines is a very dangerous place to drive. In a separate thread, I have given my piece on how to handle the motorcycle situation in Cebu and somehow ease the traffic situation.

Now that we've covered the motorcycles, how about we get started on "trisikads" and tricycles as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by J2119C View Post
    ang di jud nako ganahan kanang 3 or 2 lanes den ang 4wheels or 2wheels anha jud sa fast lane moposition nya modagan lang og 40-45kph hastang hasola...
    Or worse, 2 vehicles are running at 40kph and your left with nothing to do but wait until the drivers in front understand the concept of shame.

Boxout! Don't they just piss you off?
    sulayi ra gud smear ug grasa imong car sa sides, anyway dili man na makaguba sa pintal or coating, di ba palayo gyud na sila.. dili ka ma boxed out..

kato synthetic nga high tech nga blue akong gamiton usahay kay lisod makuha ug kausa or kaduha nga sabon

Quote Originally Posted by Passport View Post
    sulayi ra gud smear ug grasa imong car sa sides, anyway dili man na makaguba sa pintal or coating, di ba palayo gyud na sila.. dili ka ma boxed out..

kato synthetic nga high tech nga blue akong gamiton usahay kay lisod makuha ug kausa or kaduha nga sabon
    Hahahaha. Thanks @Passport for the idea. I might just do that. How many victims have you had? What were the reactions?

wa tali na sila mag agi ug seminar pagkuha nila lisensya....kai adunay mga kaila sa LTO...

makasapot bitaw gyud ning ani samot na diha sa mandaue hiway kay patung-an ka sa daghang motor. naa pay muagi gawas na gyud sa left or right lane and atubangon ka... lami kaayo ligsan kung dili pa lang mapriso hagbay ra, heheh

Hahahaha. Thanks @Passport for the idea. I might just do that. How many victims have you had? What were the reactions?
    daghan na nakatilaw ug free Premium High Temp synthetic grease sampler nako ana bai hehe.

mixed reactions, naay makabantay, naa pud walay paki. usahay.. naay murag masuko pero, sila may niduol. wa koy sala.

i learned this trick when i was deployed in the Mid East though.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast