Page 113 of 187 FirstFirst ... 103110111112113114115116123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1867

Default Re: Merged: All About Mandaue Politics

^^ As far as I remember, mao man to gipangutana sa SunStar (I have to dig in first).

And yeah! Congrats Jonas Cortes. Nahuman ra gyud ang antos sa mga Mandauehanons. They will be proud, once again.

I keep observing this thread (and posting, yes against an alipores ni Ouano... hehehehe) since the inception.

official results

jonas cortes 59808
    jonkie ouano 44702

glenn bercede 46470
    carlo fortuna 57854

councilors:
    suico 48371
    albaño 46807
    andaya 45953
    borbajo 45289
    ceniza 43559
    rosal 43380
    villanueva 43343
    biaño 41417
    lumapas 41230
    cabahug,editha 40967

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1116
    mayta naay special line murag txt mo complain sa mandaue.
    Naa ni. Jonas mentioned nga naa tay hotline para complaints sa mga abusadong mga empelyado sa city hall

it's worth reminiscing as to what happened the whole week until the proclamation. grabe jud ang support sa mga tawo for jonas. alegre kaayo ang nahitabo sa proclamation. when the councilors were called one by one, the 8 councilors of the ouano slate received "boos" and jeers to the disbelief of the comelec official (gujilde). hahahaha. sorry na lang jud. di jud niya mapugngan ang mga tawo as to how they would feel at that moment.

when mayor jonas was called, sus, mora jud mahugno ang sports complex sa kasaba.

the week that was.... the people have spoken their mandate. and they spoke out loud and clear: ENOUGH WITH THE OUANOS!!!!

mayor jonas, we, the people of mandaue would not end our support on your proclamation. we know that you still have a mess to mend. so for now, the little thing that we could offer are our prayers for a better mandaue. it's not an overnight fix. ur not a God either but we understand that limitation. three years is quite short considering the mess the past administration has done but hopefully we could at least see an improvement. hopefully.... hopefully...

here's SunStar's report on the proclamation of Jonas Cortes as Mayor of Mandaue City:
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
    Sunday, May 20, 2007
    Cortes takes over as Mandaue mayor
    By Aledel Gonzalez-Cuizon

JONAS Cabungcal Cortes officially gets to follow in the footsteps of his father and grandfather, after he was proclaimed the next mayor of Mandaue City last night.

With a commanding lead of more than 15,000 votes over his opponent, Thadeo Jovito “Jonkie” Ouano, Cortes is now the fifth mayor of Mandaue since it became a city in 1969.

Hours before the proclamation of winners in the May 14 elections, Ouano said in an interview that he already accepted defeat.

full story
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

I hope Tommy O will take your lead regarding the plan to provide a hotline for people to report/call on concerns regarding corruption, abuses specially when it involves gov't employees.
    More power Mayor Jonas Cortes !

ask for tommy's help in traffic management. his good with it.

I salute this old dude:
    Monday, May 21, 2007
    Suico makes a comeback at Mandaue council

AFTER almost 10 years away from public service, Diosdado Suico is coming back to the Mandaue City Council.

Elected with 48,371 votes, Suico is this year’s councilor who garnered the highest number of votes.

Suico said he didn’t aim to rank first, only that he wins as councilor because he wants to help the City, which he said has been “mismanaged.”

Suico told Sun.Star Cebu yesterday that he already has a list of things to do when he officially sits as councilor.

He plans to go over audit reports, project contracts and even ordinances on the naming of streets in the city.

“I don’t care if I get killed or if they make fun of me. I just want to do my job because the people voted for me to do that,” Suico said.

He was subjected to harsh criticism during the campaign period but he just shrugged it off.

He said that his critics are just afraid that he wins as councilor because if elected, he is able to uncover anomalies.

full story
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

Mano Daddie is one of a kind. He's very active in church and government. I've never heard him curse or say anything bad against another person. Jonas, Elmer "boy" (mr. Pba) Cabahug, myself and mano daddies daughter were in elementary together. Respeto giod ko ni Mano Daddie.

I read the papers today and am glad that Mayor Jonas is prioritizing the inventory of personnel in City Hall. I repeatedly asked Jonkie about the 15-30 issue during the chat with the candidates sa sunstar. Na-human na lang, was jud ko respetari ug tubag ni Jonkie.

While the 15-30 issue sounds soooo karaan ug napuhalan sa bigger controversies of Teddy O, nonetheless, ako gi-ungkat for two reasons : 1. daku kaayo nga usik sa kwarta sa syudad, ug 2. Ang 15-30 mao ang political lifeblood sa mga Ouano. Diha jud nagsi-ugda ngano naka gamot sila.

My two cents worth of suggestion to Mayor Jonas : There are some companies in Mandaue who are in need of workers/employees. There are some of these 15-30 peeps who are qualified for honest to goodness positions. Maayo siguro na-ay committee to meet this demand and supply. At least, ma prioritize jud ang mga taga Mandaue sa mga trabaho nga avaiable sa syudad. At the same time, you can help them feed their respective families with honest and hard-earned money.

Kanus-a isunod ang dalan in front sa simbahan? That road leads directly to the east. One time, when i stepped out of the church door one early morning, timing mao sab ang pagsubang sa adlaw, direkta jud sa pultahan. But that was a long time ago before naka lingkod ang mga sigbin sa city hall.

Mayor Jonas, I look forward to watching the sunrise by the church door soon

11.    Advertisement