Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: lets talk about religion!

People are responsible for making meaning in their lives. Religion simply fills the holes that common knowledge cannot answer. It's not a terrible thing, but that's why it's called faith, it has no evidence. As I said you are to make meaning out of your own life, it isn't delivered to you or discovered.
    -Merc

Amen.

Do connection, make friends

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by axionman View Post
    wala mo naka question kong tinood ba inyong gi toohan? diba science ug religion kay dli jud mag ka coincide. i believe in science because naay prof.. pero ang religion wala..

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    Are you calling yourself wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiquiri View Post
    Nganong lalisan paman ni ang mga ingon aning mga butanga kaha sa?
    lols.
    Sakto. Why not just respect everyone else's belief? Unsa imo makuha ani nga thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
    Sakto ka bro ang bata atheist mana wala mana buot unsa nang religion or right and wrong.
    Saato ba masmau pa diay parehas ta og bata kanang dili kahibaw sa right or wrong kanang walay buot ba parihas nimo.
    AFAIK, a true atheist (not the self-proclaimed nga atheist daw who are just trolling here) base their beliefs, mindset and actions on wisdom, reason and logic. Which is why even if they don't believe in god, mas conscientious and responsible pa ilaha actions. In addition, they never laugh or react, much less ridicule theists. They know and value the word RESPECT.

Quote Originally Posted by carbrill View Post
    i've learn from a good friend of mine that when different people come together and talk about their religion they end up in argument, so he said y not talk about faith, love and peace this will connect us all... bow
    I agree. We all have different outlook and insight on religion and faith. I believe though that we can have a healthy discussion. But not by attacking the other religion...and up to what point, one cannot say.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartStops View Post
    People are responsible for making meaning in their lives. Religion simply fills the holes that common knowledge cannot answer. It's not a terrible thing, but that's why it's called faith, it has no evidence. As I said you are to make meaning out of your own life, it isn't delivered to you or discovered.
    -Merc
    I don't agree to this. But I respect his opinion.

there is a big difference between faith and religion... people who think they are smart try to define religion like an org or church, although if we look back down from the very beginning of time... we find religion is not an org or a church... it is a lifestyle of the fallen man to get back to God. There is no perfect religion although there is an acceptable religion patterned after God's design set in the scriptures. Men make their own religion based on tradition and false doctrines. True religion is not motivated by doctrines but by love, hope and faith... true religion is not all about ceremonies or rituals but faith manifested in action in obedience to His creator. without religion... faith is dead.

Religion is just a myth.

6.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456