Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Default Re: CEBU and DAVAO, hand in hand for a stronger Philippines!

Brunei-Davao flight to start next year
    DCIPC

Direct flight between Brunei and Davao City will materialize early next year, a top government envoy recently said.

Retired general Efren Abu, the country's special envoy to the Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysian, Philippines-East Asean Growth Area (BIMP-Eaga), said the government has initiated steps to enhance physical linkages of Mindanao to the rest of the growth area's member countries.

"Royal Brunei Airlines hinted that they will start early next year although we asked them to start (in) December," the former chief of the Armed Forces of the Philippines said.

In 2003, President Gloria Arroyo urged Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei to open a direct flight of the Royal Brunei Airlines to Davao City because of their proximity.

Brunei is only 45 minutes by air travel to Davao City.

Aside from the Brunei-Davao flight, Abu also announced the impending resumption of the Zamboanga-Sandakan and the Davao-Kota Kinabalu-Brunei Darussalam air routes.

Presidential Assistant for Mindanao Jesus Dureza said Mindanao's current trade and tourism linkages to Eaga are being sustained by direct sea links between Zamboanga and Sandakan of Sabah, Malaysia as well as direct flights between Davao and Manado in Indonesia.

Dureza said the Zamboanga-Sandakan route would be serviced by local airline Asian Spirit and Filipino-Russian joint venture Mosphil Aero, which launched its domestic operations (Zambonga-Jolo) last week.

Abu said the Davao-Manado air route would soon increase to two flights a week.

To lure airline operators in the Eaga, Abu said the government reduced all air service fees by 50 percent for airlines traveling to Mindanao and Palawan from Brunei, Indonesia, and Malaysia.

Davao - Host of The World's IP-Christians Gathering 2006
    PIA

Following New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, and Sweden, Davao City is this year’s venue for the 5th World Christian Gathering on Indigenous People (IP) slated this September 11 to September 17.

This city, known for its richness in culture, is chosen to host the event with an expected 1,500 participants; 500 of which are local IPs, 500 are local non-indigenous, and 500 foreign indigenous people coming from 60 different countries.

Past gatherings showed how the different tribal groups from their respective countries express themselves by showcasing their very own ways in worshipping, teaching, pasturing, evangelism, prophecy, and discussion.

Terry Le Blanc, National Director of My People International who is also one of the organizers for the event bared what a big opportunity it is for the Philippines to show what each and every IP community possesses and then to share it to the whole world.

Organizers of the event believe that the most effective way to reach the IPs who are lost spiritually is through the help of the local people themselves.

“One of the goals of this gathering is to recognize and restore the indigenous people by becoming united despite adversities through Christianity.” Managing Director of Tribal Mission Foundation International Ma. Elena Bicaldo said.

Every tribe (whether local or foreign) will get to display their cultural instruments with an exhibit area to be set up at Waterfront Insular Hotel. Participants will also get to see all participating tribes perform their cultural dances, songs, and rituals.

Besides performances and presentation, participants will also get to discuss wide-range of issues like culture and development, indigenous education, environment, indigenous farming, functional literacy, culture and Christianity, and other relevant issues.

The lead organization for the Philippines in organizing the event is the Tribal Mission Foundation Inc (TMFI), a development organization founded in 1986 by several Christian businessmen in Davao city with a vision of addressing the destitute condition of the IPs.

It has evolved into a development organization by training indigenous tribes and urging cross-cultural community workers to reach out to marginalized communities.

Its advocacy includes community based education designed to advance literacy of adults and children, sustainable agriculture by introducing natural farming, tribal workers intensive training, as well as mountain-movers training.

TMFI, as the lead organization for the gathering, urges the support of local government units and the business sector to pour in donations for the full subsidy of Filipino IPs in the said event.

“It is about time to empower our IPs by giving them their identity and recognizing them as important citizens in our country.” Bicaldo said.

National Youth Day to gather 10,000 delegates in Davao
    Sunstar Online

AT LEAST 10,000 youths are expected to gather for the National Youth Day in Davao City slated on November 8 to 12,2006 with this year’s theme “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”

Dennis Villegas of the National Youth Day event said 2,000 are expected to come from Luzon, 2,000 from Visayas, and 6,000 from Mindanao.

Villegas said this will be the first time that Mindanao, particularly Davao City, will host the event.

“I encourage everybody to join. There will be great challenges. Even if it’s a Catholic event, it is also open to others,” Villegas said during Thursday’s I-Speak forum.

Villegas said Protestants have signified their interest to join the event even if such is lead by the Catholic Church.

He added that there will also be 10 Muslim representatives to the event.

National Youth Day media relations and promotions chair Cheryl Bilo said the holding of the National Youth Day aims to gather all young people in the country, deepen the faith of the participants to the Lord, and show how the Church love and care for the youth.

Villegas said there will be discussions on faith, nationalism, inter-religious dialogue and others. On evenings, he added, there will be prayer festivals.

“This will also help boost the tourism industry,” Villegas said.

Villegas said there will be three catechetical sites — at the Holy Cross of Davao College, University of Immaculate Concepcion and Ateneo de Davao University.

The opening and closing of the event will be held at the SM grounds.

.... CEBU Pics (pics by TOLZ of flickr.com)

Marco Polo and the Citylights Condos

Club Filipino de Cebu (golf course in Danao City, Cebu)

Tambuli Beach Resort

Santiago Bay - Camotes

... Cebu's Flora & Fauna (pics by TOLZ at flickr.com)

... and more (pics by TOLZ at flickr.com)

Davao's Floral Float Parade

[img width=500 height=353]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/15kdywan.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=354]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/14kdywan.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=360]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/13kdywan.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=343]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/12kdywan.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=224]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/8ec9b18a.jpg[/img]

90% Orchids yan! Davao - the Orchid Capital of the Philippines as declared by Pres. Corazon Aquino!

Some of the Nature Theme Parks in Davao!

[img width=500 height=332]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/ntr3.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/ntr2.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/ntr1.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by diehardbisdak
    .... CEBU Pics (pics by TOLZ of flickr.com)
    nice shot... european ang dating!

Quote Originally Posted by Tj-Mixxed
    Few meters away from Davao Crocodile Park is Davao Wildwater Adventure Park. Ofcourse you wont surf with the crocs..uh-uh! no way! but experience the adrenaline rush as you conquer DAVAO RIVER.

[img width=500 height=148]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/tj_brewed/DAVAO/rafthead.jpg[/img]

The only site in Mindanao with the most number of rapids and the longest ride! So have fun!
    13 kilometers of screams bai TJ... from tamugan to lacson, and will end right smack at the heart of the city (riverfront corporate city). davao is blessed with great rivers like that, in fact, riverfront if fully developed will be the only modern CBD i know in the phil that is surrounded by a river, great view actually in that side of Maa.

11.    Advertisement

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast