Page 95 of 224 FirstFirst ... 8592939495969798105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bokehlicious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmontoya View Post
    @rt101: Thank you. That shot was taken with a 40-year old lens
    mao bah? unsa nga lens if I may ask? murag daghan pa gyud ko knahanglan makat-unan kay you were able to do a great bookeh using a 40 year old lens...
    I love bookeh, toy photography and of course street photography...maau unta mka palit nko karon nga month ug dslr oi...

@rt101: It's an Asahi Super Takumar 135mm f/3.5 lens.

Please distinguish between bokeh and background blur. When I was starting out, I thought they're the same. Bokeh is the quality of OOF lights (direct or reflected) while background blur is the 'creaminess' of the blur. Both can exist in the same picture though as seen in aris's photo.

(OT) Here's a photo with not-so-creamy background blur w/ indistinguishable bokeh taken with above lens.

If you want to focus on portraiture, get a lens that will give you both great bokeh and creamy blur like the lens that was used to take aris's photo (a 70-200 2.8L IS I think) or a 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 100mm 2.0, or my dream lens the 135mm 2.0L.
    Last edited by cmontoya; 01-05-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Miniature diner

newbie share:

C & C are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by hazelsev View Post
    my share for this thread
    grabe..ani oie...mura man og model...

love the bokeh and composition!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmontoya View Post
    iSTORYA.NET PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB MEMBER
    My Photo Blog www.DBGG1979.com
    Add me in Flickr

cute unta nangabang lang ang pulbos ni inday. hehe

@dbgg: Thank you. I'm a wanna-be candid photographer. I just don't know how to get more opportunities to do so. How does one get invited to be a candid photographer? I could go to any resto bar and shoot but that would be "stealing shots." Although technically there is no difference, candid photography is when people know there is a photographer around who is supposed to take photos of the event versus to "Who the f**k is that guy shooting at me?"

11.    Advertisement