Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 175
  1. #121

    Default

    ^^^Bro anha lang nimo makita nga ang CITOM nag pa buta buta kay kuno wa sila kakita nga dunay gikulata. Kana ra bang tawo nga gibitok, nagsiga ang mata pero wa kakita kay hap man. Kana si Tancinco daghan siguro na ug bitok sa tiyan. Kulang na ug purga.

  2. #122

    Default

    nagpa ila lang gud na sila nga gusto nila ma salvage kaysa ma kiha...

  3. #123

    Default

    birahan pa na nnyo brad, inig agi labayeg bato,

    prehas diha sa may metro kanang sgeg panakop ug jay walking..
    pikhan btaw ka usa dah ka momo laging simod!

  4. #124

    Default

    na-a ba sa contract sa tig tow nga mo dakop og violation sama anang not wearing a helmet?

  5. #125

    Default

    angay na isuspend or i-pahawa sa trabaho, abuso nana. they can be charged w/ physical injuries

  6. #126

    Default

    kuwang ranang suspenso og tang2x sa trabaho... kailangan na sila presohon kay mahimo tong attempted murder...

  7. #127

    Default

    ‘No city contract’

    CEBU City officials yesterday confirmed that One Stop Towing Services has been operating since last March without a service contract or memorandum of agreement (MOA) approved by the City Council.

    The draft MOA is still pending at the council for review and approval but One Stop Towing Services was able to get an authorization to operate from Mayor Tomas Osmeña last March 12.

    It was patterned from the City’s approved contract with Road Warrior, which was signed last year.

    City officials said this does not mean that Osmeña bypassed the council, because under section 4 of City Ordinance 1335, “the city mayor is authorized to designate a towing company or individual.”

    But Ordinance 2172, which amended the Traffic Code of Cebu City, states that the mayor may enter into a contract with any towing company only upon the recommendation of the Citom Board and upon a favorable resolution of the Sangguniang Panlungsod.

    “I don’t think the council was bypassed because One Stop was issued a temporary authorization. And by the nature of the authority given by the mayor, it’s only temporary. If it were permanent, then you can say the council was bypassed,” Councilor Augustus Pe Jr. told Sun.Star Cebu.

    The one-paragraph authorization document signed by the mayor, however, does not mention that the operation of One Stop is only temporary.

    Citing the power vested on him by the Local Government Code and existing city ordinances, Osmeña issued the document that read: “I hereby authorize and designate the One Stop Towing Services, a private towing company... to conduct towing activities for and in behalf of the City of Cebu effective immediately.”

    The document states that the towing company is owned by Wilfredo Gan Evardome, and not the mayor’s friend Art Osmeña, as revealed by an official of another towing company during a city council session, and as alleged by Tinago Barangay Councilor Joel Garganera.

    City Administrator Francisco Fernandez and Acting Mayor Michael Rama also said the City has not entered into a contract with One Stop Towing Services.

    The approval of the MOA was stalled in the council after Councilor Rodrigo Abellanosa asked another towing company, Road Warrior, to open their books to show how much they are earning, and how much it has so far turned over to the City.

    Even with the Office of the Ombudsman-Visayas investigating the City’s towing ordinances, Rama said the City will not
    suspend the operations of One Stop Towing Service.

    He also does not see the need for the preventive suspension of the traffic enforcer implicated in the mauling incident involving the towing company’s two employees, since he was not directly involved in the incident.

    Rama said he would just wait for Osmeña to come home next week and act on the concerns involving the towing firm, saying he was not involved in the mayor’s transaction with One Stop Towing Service.

    Considering that he’s more knowledgeable on the entry of this company, it is just proper that Tommy will be in the best position to appreciate what will be done about it,” he told Sun.Star Cebu.

    Rama said he will ask the ad hoc committee created to review the City’s towing ordinances to expedite the drafting of
    guidelines on the operation of towing companies, which will have to be approved by the City Council.

    In a text message sent to Sun.Star Cebu, Osmeña said yesterday that he did not know the name of the towing company is
    “One Stop Towing Service” until he read it in the Internet last week.

    “Anyway, it’s not an exclusive franchise, and anyone can apply to provide towing service because we do not know how to acquire and maintain specialized equipment,” the mayor said.

    The City Traffic Operations Management (Citom) has tapped two private firms to tow illegally parked vehicles: One Stop Towing Services and Road Warrior Towing Company owned by Vincent Go, also a friend of the mayor.

    When told about the Office of the Ombudsman’s concern that the towing companies earn more from the fines and give only a small portion to the City, Osmeña said there have already been changes in the arrangement.

    At present, the towing firms turn over to the City only 15 percent of the fines they collect from erring vehicle owners. The fines range from P1,500 to P3,000.

    He said that before, the tow trucks were only summoned by traffic enforcers when a motorist is apprehended, so that by the time the tow truck arrives, the vehicle is no longer there. This resulted in the drop of collection by 90 percent, and in towing companies unable to maintain enforcement.

    Worse, people just parked anywhere they want because there was no fear of enforcement, Osmeña said.

    But now, with regular enforcement, vehicle owners violate less, leading to reduced collections, he said.

    “I guess this is a learning process of continuing adjustments. Maybe what I can recommend is for the City to stop towing enforcement two days a week. So during those two days you can park in the sidewalk, driveways or even double park in Fuente without fear of apprehension. Then let the people judge which is better for the public,” Osmeña said.

    Meanwhile, Garganera said he will prepare a “surprise welcome gift” for Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña when he arrives from the US on May 26.

    In response to the cases being filed against him by a towing company, Garganera, a member of opposition, announced that
    he and other concerned persons will file a petition for injunction against Osmeña for allowing two towing companies to operate without any revenues for the City Government.

    Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) Cebu Province president Ramsey Quijano will also file a counter-affidavit on the charges of direct assault against him and Garganera.

    Members of One-Stop Towing Services filed charges against Garganera and Quijano for direct assault, grave threats and theft.

    In a press conference yesterday, Garganera said he and more than 10 concerned citizens will base their charges on the “unseen and unread” contract.

    Without the ratification and the contract, all activities of the two companies are illegal, Garganera said. The owners of vehicles that have been towed by the companies are also entitled to a refund, he said.

    However, Garganera said he is happy that the Office of the Ombudsman-Visayas has stepped in to investigate the contract.
    Quijano, in an interview with reporters, said he will soon file his counter-affidavit on the direct assault charges.

    Quijano admitted he was with Garganera during the incident. But he denied the allegation that he assaulted one of the towing wreckers.

    He said a Citom enforcer, Jonathan Romariz, even apologized to them for trying to tow his car. Those in the tow wreckers, he said, didn’t even inform them that their vehicle was being towed.

    By Justin K. Vestil and Linette C. Ramos
    Sun Star, Cebu

    Edited Version: penigabz

  8. #128

    Default

    Moingon gyud ang city council nga wala sila gi bypass ni Tomas kay rubber stamp gud na sila. Duna pa gani niingon sa laing thread nga they can be likened to door mats ba to? sus ug door mat pwerti gyud. Paheran ras tiil ni Tomas. Tanawa di ba dipensa dayon sa ilang amo ang mga supsup b^t&.

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penigabz View Post
    ‘No city contract’

    In a text message sent to Sun.Star Cebu, Osmeña said yesterday that he did not know the name of the towing company is
    “One Stop Towing Service” until he read it in the Internet last week.


    Edited Version: penigabz

    Very interesting nang line nga "he did not know" the name of the of the towing company,..blah, blah...

    Abi nako ug pagpirma niya sa authority nga mo operate ang One STOp he was awake. Gidaman siguro siya nga naghatag ug authority sa One Stop kay wa man siya kahibalo diay nga one stop ang pangalan sa iyang gipermihan. This mayor is truly sick. Nakasala naman gud ang iyang gipermahan mao nga karon moingon na siya nga wa siya kahibalo. Manghinaw ba. Smart ass.

  10. #130

    Default

    migo bya ni tommy and tag-iya ana

    hmmmmmm unsa naman ni? pabor pabor?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

 
  1. unsay imu buhaton kung gi ilad ka ug usa ka istoryan?
    By haidee_08 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 11:42 AM
  2. Gi rape ka ug girls..unsay angay buhaton
    By noob147258 in forum Relationships (Old)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
  4. TABANG Gi tionan ko ug pusil sa tanod
    By jntio in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
  5. BisRock, asa gi record, mix ug master?
    By donato_borces in forum Music & Radio
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 11:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top