Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: King Kong Review

There is a 7-second cut in Peter Jackson's "King Kong" --- that is the one of Ann Darrow dancing once more in the old vaudaville after that scene of King Kong at Alhambra --- that will forever remain in my mind. What a storytelling technique it was! With that alone, I believe Peter Jackson has more than rewarded my full day in the theater.

But move over Industrial Light and Magic Corporation! Make way for WETA Workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Blongkoy
    But move over Industrial Light and Magic Corporation! Make way for WETA Workshop.
    you mean WETA Digital? WETA Workshop takes care of props and what-not, WETA Digital takes care of the visual effects.

I might just go see it again today. Its definitely worth the three hours. I loved the part where Kong killed the last T-Rex by cracking its jaws open then playing with it a bit. :mrgreen:

A dear iSTORYAN called me up to inquire which cut was that I was referring to in an earlier post. It was that cut of a dance routine to the song "Bye, bye Blackbird."

I have seen many King Kongs --- from the 1933 black/white classic to the 1976 series cranked out by the Dino de Laurentiis team who garnered the best in animatronics in the Oscars of that year.

But they do not beat, in my opinion, Peter Jackson's King Kong today. Jackson's King Kong is humorous, poetic and romantic. Peter Jackson's green tracer and close-up King Kong, by an actor named Silkes, ably provided the emotions needed in character generated imageries. His was like Gollum all over again.

And the miniatures are just simply out of this world.

OMG! OMG! OMG! Absolutely the best film of 2005! sus nindut kaayu!

Kalagut man gamay si Jack Black oist, basta makakwarta, sus.
    I cired in the end when Kong fell, that was so sad.
    Best film, definitely!

Yeah... really heartbreaking at the end

I like the scene where kingkong and the girl were playing in the skating rink... touching. Basta, I just love it! Luoy lang gyud kaayo!!

Predictable man.. ;-b

nindota sa salida oi....nice kaayo kadtong c naomi watts gi gukod sa mga t-rex nya ming abot c kingkong ug nanga hulog cla sa bangil...syagit jyd mi sa sinehan....hahahaha.... Gwapa kaayo c naomi watts oi...para ni king kong c ann rajud iyaha dli jud cya sa lain.

wow! I l8iked this film!! what a roller coaster ride, di ka ka notice na 3 hours na diay.

Jack Black did very well!!

I loved this line when the boat was about to sail...

Carl: There's no money in theater Jack, it's in Film.

Jack: But I love theater.

Carl: No you don't, cause if you do, you would've jumped.

King Kong, by an actor named Silkes, ably provided the emotions needed in character generated imageries. His was like Gollum all over again.
    You mean, Serkis.

Di kaaU ko suhito anang miniature models but that's part of the achievement kay di man jud mabantayan basta miniature photography og CG ang isagol - that is if you have Letteri and his crew doing stuff for Jackson.

Yes, Serkis. What is first name, again? Wasn't he the same actor who acted the green and close-up Gollum in LOTR?

When Ann Darrow stared aimlessly, we knew she was up against green or blue. In which case, she might have context but could not act without the environment.

Most of the environment of Peter Jackson's "King Kong" was miniature model composited with live-action shots in several layers of greens. This was why we noticed every now and then Letteri and his crew getting lost in their sense of ratio and proportions. His motion control staff practically saved his day.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast