Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3845464748495051 ... LastLast

Default Re: CEBU ranks 20th in RP's most livable city...

Quote Originally Posted by nItO/pIrEnA
    [img width=500 height=375]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/martiano/malls/DSCN9467.jpg[/img]

naay ingon ani sa inyo?

photo by @ragecebu and @sugbuanon of skyscrapercity...bantay mong kusog manaway sa Cebu, moabot gani to sila dinhi sa istorya, kahilak gyud mo...
    There are construction everwhere in Cebu, malls expanding, old building renovating, I dream of Cebu becoming little Singapore in 2012.

I'm surprised that Cebuano's can able to afford a condominium, I thought Club Ultima will become bunkrupt, indeed Cebu is healthy for business.

Ga lalis na ang mga Osmenas ug Garcias asa ang livable Cebu City ba or Cebu Province ba

Tom twits Winston on “Cebuano” statement

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The rift between Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña and the Garcia family continues. If it’s not on one issue, it’s another. Sometimes issues can even get mixed up.

Osmeña yesterday answered the allegations hurled by Winston Garcia, brother of Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia, who said that he is “more Cebuano” than the mayor.

“I think he is changing the issue. I didn’t say something about his being more Cebuano than me. He changed the subject. It was the issue of livability of Cebu City. I asked ‘if the province is more livable, why are you living here in Cebu City,’” the mayor explained.

Winston earlier said he is more Cebuano than Tomas because he was born, studied in and lived in Cebu City while he is not sure if the mayor was born in Cebu City, or has studied here.

He said that Tomas was nowhere to be found in Cebu during the difficult years of Martial Law because he “abandoned Cebu.”

The mayor’s family reportedly went into exile in the United States when former President Feridinand Marcos declared Martial Law and staged a crack down against his political enemies.

But the mayor countered his family did not leave Cebu and in fact, his brother Sergio Osmeña III was jailed and his father Sergio Osmeña Jr. was bombed in Plaza Miranda.

“But that’s beside the point. The issue here is if the city is not livable, why do they still live here?” Tomas said.

He said the Garcias have been talking ill about Cebu City because business magazine MoneySense recently ranked Cebu City as the 20th city in the list of “Best Places to Live,” with the cities of Bacolod, Makati, Davao, Marikina and Iloilo being the top five. “But he added what the Garcias do not know is that the city has been reaping awards nationally and internationally.

He cited the recent award received by the city from Financial Times Business which named Cebu City as the top 10 among Asian Cities of the Future, a runner up in the Development and Promotion, top 10 in both Most Cost Effective and Best Quality of Life.

“That’s done by an international agency that searched all of Asia. That’s all the cities in Asia, all the cities in Japan, all the cities in Korea, all the cities in Malaysia, in Thailand,” he said.

“They want to talk about awards. We have a lot of awards. We win the Galing Pook Award the province can only come up with dancing prisoners. We have settled 23,000 legal disputes in the barangay. Isn’t that making life more livable? Why will dancing prisoners make life more livable?”

The mayor said that the fact that the Garcias and other top government officials live in Cebu City is proof that the city is livable.

“Even the President has a house here in Cebu City, why is it not in the province (if the province is more livable)?” Tomas added. – Wenna A. Berondo/NLQ

Source: http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Lo...id=20080520176

suya mga garcia kay dili nila magunitan ang kwarta sa cebu city

gusto ni gwen mahimo ug FUENTE GARCIA ang rutonda.. hehehe...

pro mauli ra ghapon na sila.. promoter baya na sila sa 1cebu...

mga bro, OT na kaau ta dri.. back to topic lang..

Recently lang didto ko CDO nindot na didto gyud grabe ila development morag ma ulahi na ang cebu ani after mga 10 years...
    murag?
    he he

kong ang CDO ulahi kaau sa cebu, di mana murag, visible man kaayo na he he

ang davao ulahli kaau sa cebu, ulahi ug 100 yrs

livable diay ang bacolod? wala man kaayo establishment didto.
    barato lang galing cost of living.

unsay context sa livable?

context sa livable? basta naay tao diri nag imply na part sa pagkalivable kay green ang place and daghan ug forest..

hahahahahahaha....

OT:

karon rako kita sa likod sa ayala dah.. mura lageh ug nindot kanus-a na mahuman ug construct mga bro?

Quote Originally Posted by balatucan
    I am a Cebuano and I grow up in Cebu.

.. you're a cebuano and grew up in cebu, but you're bashing cebu. you're really that stupid mosimo.

... balatucan or should i say MOSIMO, DAWN RUNNER and your countless accounts, you're really a disgrace to this forum board. You treat it as your playground, you're not sincere with your opinions, you're doing it to gain attention. Always disagreeing on other people's opinions, always bashing on the president, ALWAYS COMPLAINING. YOU'RE POSTING FOR THE SAKE OF POSTING AND FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUEMENT. You're the type of person that drags this country down, complaining without even doing something.

THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST ACCOUNT, YOU'LL BE FOREVER BANNED IN THIS FORUM

.. MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT AND IF I KNOW THAT IT'S YOU, BELIEVE ME, I'LL KNOW, I'LL BAN THAT ACCOUNT ON SIGHT

.. reason for your ban INSINCERITY OF YOUR POSTS

.. anyway, i won't ban you yet, since this will be your last account, i'll give you a chance to defend yourself, your status in this forum will depend on your answer.

11.    Advertisement

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3845464748495051 ... LastLast