Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Default Re: CEBU ranks 20th in RP's most livable city...

@ balatucan

nag wonder lang jd ko why dako kaayu imo pag dumot sa cebu. what did cebu do to you man d i?

Livable sila [ang Davao City], that ws why gibombahan ilang siyudad sa una..

Plus, i dont want to live in a city where naay mga military around, makes me think at any time, naay mosulpot nga kagubot, bomba nga mobuto ug uban pa.. If Davao City is peaceful, then i think those military people shouldnt be scattered around their city.

Quote Originally Posted by balatucan
    Economic powerhouse? Gosh. When you talk one thinks that you are describing Seoul or Beijing for that matter. Since you are a powerhouse, how many people are lining up for rice in NFA outlets?
    there is too much poverty in davao! at least sa cebu wala pang nagpapakamatay na 12 year old girl dahil sa hirap at gutom, hindi kasi ganun ka active yung business sector kaya yan, nagkakandahirap ang citizen ng city, such a pity!

i have nothing against davao city, in fact i appreciate the place man pod. ang problema lang kay ang mga pipol nga sobra ra makapang hambog sa ilang city nya cgeg pang look down sa Cebu.

Quote Originally Posted by Luskan
    there is too much poverty in davao! at least sa cebu wala pang nagpapakamatay na 12 year old girl dahil sa hirap at gutom, hindi kasi ganun ka active yung business sector kaya yan, nagkakandahirap ang citizen ng city, such a pity!
    OT: correction: the girl did not commit suicide coz of poverty...it was found out gi rape ang bata sa iyaha amahan...

Blog Entries

How do we define livable? Does this include the ability to survive a major earthquake?

Case in point. Cebu and Manila both lie in fault zones:

[img width=394 height=500]http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/GGRDDpage/projects/fault/philfault/philfault.gif[/img]

Now, can someone check that list again, and try to arrive at an analysis of their location vis-a-vis this fault map.

If there is a pattern emerging, we can possibly conclude that they included "earthquake probability" (due to existence of a nearby fault line) as one of the factors/criteria for judging...after all, livability is severely affected during an earthquake.

-RODION

Quote Originally Posted by aprilaprilapril
    @ balatucan

nag wonder lang jd ko why dako kaayu imo pag dumot sa cebu. what did cebu do to you man d i?
    Naingit kasi sya eh, that's what happens if you lost your arguments online, ang maipagmalaki lang niya yung pagkain sa Davao na walang kwenta, kung maipagmalaki niya yung saging nila ,sa Cebu City naman yung computer processors. in short

Davao city= banana chips
    Cebu city= computer chips

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky
    How do we define livable? Does this include the ability to survive a major earthquake?

Case in point. Cebu and Manila both lie in fault zones.
    nice point also...it's a factor sa liveability. but did Cebu have experienced a major earthquake before? same as the one that happened many years ago in Baguio City? mas dako pa cguro ug factor sa livability if u r living near an active volcano, or perhaps a typhoon zone like in Samar...not to mention if a place is high risk for flashfloods like what happened in Isabela and Leyte...

Cebu doesn't have an active volcano. and speaking of typhoons, we are surrounded by lots of other islands, mas protectado sa bagyo.

Quote Originally Posted by giddyboy
    OT: correction: the girl did not commit suicide coz of poverty...it was found out gi rape ang bata sa iyaha amahan...
    Thank you, at least na prove nga ang Davao is not a rape-free city. Balatucan usually talks as if the city is free of petty crimes.

ive been to most of those places that are on that list, and cebu is pretty much right where it is on that list, maybe top 15 at best...clean out the garbage (people included ) and cebu will be number 1 in no time.

11.    Advertisement

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast